Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2017, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ For sure. Peyton was honest with her and Brooke acted like she was the enemy. I understand why Brooke was upset but given their history in s1, Peyton was trying to be honest this time around. Peyton didn't expect anything to happen with Lucas this time, she just wanted her to know. I think the end of s3 is why I can't support the BP friendship.
I always felt that Brooke's reaction said a lot about how Luke made her feel in their relationship, since I have some doubts whether she would have reacted the way she did if she didn't know Luke still loved Peyton
Old 08-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

^ Never thought of it that way before but that makes a lot of sense. Still doesn't make me feel any better about Brooke slapping Peyton for being honest with her.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ Never thought of it that way before but that makes a lot of sense. Still doesn't make me feel any better about Brooke slapping Peyton for being honest with her.
I think she still would have been pissed, but it would have been no where near as bad if she didn't constantly feel second best in that relationship.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Luke and Mouth had been friends for years at that point so that's not fair comparison at all. The producers keeping that scene in episode doesn't really make relevant though, since they are lot of scenes in this show that have had no absolutely relevant to what was going in the episode whatsoever.
Luke and Jake were friends too. But I dont see what the point is? So what if he was friends with Jake or not? He still showed jealousy.

And what scenes?

Thinking someone is attractive and nice doesnt mean you have feelings, i agree, but being attracted TO them does. And I think Peyton was, at least a little bit.

Quote:
I'm saying Peyton pining for Jake at the start of season 2 came out of nowhere.
Not if you look at it as her missing her FRIEND.

As for season 3, Peyton shouldn't have told Brooke her feelings. Not when Brooke and Lucas were dating. I just don't see what that was going to accomplish. HOWEVER, Brooke completely 100% overreacted and was a total bitch for no reason. Getting upset at Peyton, sure, I can see why. Brooke had some good points. But to do the things she did? That side of Brooke I will always hate.

But i think Brooke was just VERY DEEPLY insecure and she knew in her heart that Lucas was always going to love Peyton, so she was very threatened when Peyton revealed her feelings. I think Brooke knew at that point that she was going to lose Lucas to Peyton again. (and she did eventually).
Old 08-18-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Luke and Jake were friends too. But I dont see what the point is? So what if he was friends with Jake or not? He still showed jealousy.

And what scenes?

Thinking someone is attractive and nice doesnt mean you have feelings, i agree, but being attracted TO them does. And I think Peyton was, at least a little bit.
I'm not sure if I would call Jake and Lucas friends at that point tbh. Luke getting jealousy doesn't change the fact there is nothing romantic about talking about Jenny/Jake being an good dad, which is what that scene was pretty much about. Peyton just wasn't attractive to Jake in that way in S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Not if you look at it as her missing her FRIEND.
Except they weren't trying to make it look like she was missing her friend though, they were trying to make it look she was head over heels for the guy.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

I think Peyton told Brooke about her feelings because she made a mistake in s1 by not telling her. It may not have been the greatest idea but I understand why she did it. And Brooke certainly overreacted to it, her insecurities weren't Peyton's fault.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think Peyton told Brooke about her feelings because she made a mistake in s1 by not telling her. It may not have been the greatest idea but I understand why she did it. And Brooke certainly overreacted to it, her insecurities weren't Peyton's fault.
That's definitely true, plus Peyton doesn't really have the ability to hide her feelings for an long period of time.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I watched her reaction and I found it pretty harsh towards Peyton. Saying that though, it was pretty awesone acting.
She definitely had some insecurities from what I've seen
Old 08-19-2017, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Peyton buried her feelings for Lucas for a long time for Brooke's sake. She even ran away from TH and proposed to Jake in order to avoid them. And when she realized she still had feelings for Lucas, she was in agony over it. So it's not like she easily told Brooke that and wanted him for herself, she just couldn't hide it from herself anymore and didn't want to hide from Brooke either.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Peyton buried her feelings for Lucas for a long time for Brooke's sake. She even ran away from TH and proposed to Jake in order to avoid them. And when she realized she still had feelings for Lucas, she was in agony over it. So it's not like she easily told Brooke that and wanted him for herself, she just couldn't hide it from herself anymore and didn't want to hide from Brooke either.
She tried her best to keep her feelings buried, but the heart wants what the heart wants at the end of the day.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOL I cant go in circles about the jake thing anymore, lets just agree to disagree.

I would never treat Peyton the way Brooke did and Brooke was definitely wrong, but with that said, I think that Peyton's timing was always horrible.

In season 1, she should have told Brooke she liked him when she did, and maybe BL wouldn't have dated. In season 2 when Brooke started liking Lucas again and asked Peyton about it, Peyton again denied it and told Brooke it was fine. Again, had she just been honest maybe Brooke wouldn't have let herself go there again. And now, in season 3, Peyton finally tells Brooke her feelings, but its when her and Lucas are a stable couple? Like, come on.

I love P to death and will always defend her, but I can see the BL fans POV in being irritated with Peyton for revealing her feelings.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, definitely not going to agree on Peyton not having feelings for Jake in S1 I definitely wouldn't call BL stable, especially at that point in S3 and Brooke finding out the kiss/Peyton's feelings was the straw the broke the camel's back when it came to their relationship.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

It probably wasn't the best time but is there ever a good time for something like that? I'm not sure if Brooke even meant to tell her, she was just emotionally exhausted and it came out.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Brooke definitely wouldn't reacted well regardless of when she found about Peyton's feelings.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Okay, definitely not going to agree on Peyton not having feelings for Jake in S1 I definitely wouldn't call BL stable, especially at that point in S3 and Brooke finding out the kiss/Peyton's feelings was the straw the broke the camel's back when it came to their relationship.
Yes, it's just agreeing to disagree and that's cool
Yes, Brooke's reaction was the last straw really, from what I saw. It was a shane because I always loved seeing Brooke and Peyton happy the very few times I have watched them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread