Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

So, do those exams just determine whether or not you move to the next grade/level or where you are in terms of education? I heard from someone that they are extremely important though/hard.

For the U.S., it all depends on what state you're in. In New Jersey we have the ESPA (4th grade), GEPA (8th), the HSPA (11th) and the ACT/SATs. I don't remember too much about the ESPA/GEPA but in order to graduate from High School you have to pass the GEPA. Like I said though, it depends on the state because all Florida has is something called the FCAT which is a waste of time IMO. The ACT/SAT I & II/AP exams are for college admissions.

Gah. I hate school.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

yeah they're all pretty tough and important. GCSE's is for finishing high school. you take about 10 subjects when you're 15/16 and get grades.

Then A levels arent compulsory. You can do them, or you can do other things if you want. But if you want to go to college A levels are the main way to go about it. And for A levels you do 3 subjects but to a much higher level.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

I went out for a change, and I saw Finding Neverland with one of my best buds! Such a great movie. To be honest, I thought I wouldn't like it but it was amazing...and I'm usually not a crier but a few tears came out at the end.

You took 10 subjects at GCSE level, Maz? Wow. We could only take about seven. I'm so annoyed. My friend's got their timetables for the year, and I never got mine. I'm curious.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 01-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

I'm confused with the school talk. Our system is completely different so this is kind of...riiiight over my head.

Ooh, Finding Neverland! That looks great to me, since I love Johnny and Kate. Glad you liked it Jess. Oh! I got your letter today!

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I loved it. My friend made fun of me cuz I cried at the end. But she cried more then me. She pissed a lot of people off, it was hilarious.

Oh yay! Hopefully you could read my writing.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 01-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Why did you cry? Wait, don't answer that. I gotta see it.

Your writing was very pretty and legible. I especially liked the picture of your school. Your explanation of different cars being in front of it every day was very helpful.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, you gotta see it! My friend is going to tell everyone I cried. So mean. She thought there was something wrong with me when I didn't cry in The Notebook.

Aw, usually people can't read my writing. They says its too weird and hard to read. Yes, I'm glad the explanation was helpful. I just thought it was important to know. Oh and the bit about staring at the window, as well.
|| JESS
Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

You didn't cry in The Notebook? I did, but it's not hard to make me cry.

Yes, staring at the window is very important to talk about. I'm appalled that you did not mention the windows of cars, as those combine two very important things.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Nope. I saw it three times...hoping that it would make me cry. All my friends minus one (who didn't really give a crap about the movie) cried. I thought there was something wrong with me, because everyone else in the theatre was crying like a....crybaby.

Oh! My bad. Maybe when I actually go to school, I take another a photo of my school, and mention it. Because that's the most important thing to know about. I hope you ignored my page/paragraph about Nick. Ick.
|| JESS
Old 01-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Well sometimes people cry a lot in a sad movie. It'll happen, Jess. Life lesson, right there. I remember my friend watched it on my computer and I was around my house like, cleaning and stuff, so she must have been distracted, but she was still bawling at the end. It was odd.

I tried to ignore it since you told me to, but it was right there so I read it.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

I felt like I was a robot. I mean it was really sad, but....nothing at the end made me cry. If you don't cry in Finding Neverland, then something's probably wrong with me. I mean, my friend cried...but she's such a wuss when it comes to movies. She cries a lot, it's really depressing.

I finally understand your sig! I was reading SH this morning, and I read past that bit. I was like, "Hey, that line!" and realised it was your sig. I think this is my new obsession. These books are holy.
|| JESS
Old 01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think this is my new obsession. These books are holy.
HA! I told you! *goes to read SF again*

I cry a lot, but only over movies and tv shows and books. Mostly books. Books always make me cry. Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants made me depressed. That's SAD. Whatever. What's Finding Neverland about, anyway?

Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, my love for Marcus Flutie is just damn sad. But I'm not as obsessive as Darlene. Haven't finished SH yet though, but I'll probably finish it tonight.

"That's so.... jackassimine."

Oh, damn. I didn't cry in that book either. Again, I thought it was sad. But you know, I'm nearly 50%robot.

Oh, the movie is about a man (Johnny Depp's character) who had failed writing numerous different plays. And then all of a sudden he finds his muse, by getting to know these four children (who were all brothers) but didn't have a father, because he died. Throughout the whole time he spent with the kids and their mother, he creates a story (Peter Pan) based on the kids he hung out with.
|| JESS
Old 01-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Nothing wrong with being part robot.

Aw, that movie sounds so cute. Iwannaseeitdamnit.

I will not comment on Marcus because my love for him might take over and I would never stop talking. It's not good, believe me.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Eh, just don't let Jack know I'm half robot.

Yeah it's been awhile since I've seen a good movie (um okay last month, but whatever). Alfie next Tuesday! Mmmm Jude Law.

Aw. My friend's gonna steal my SF book because I kept talking about Marcus, and she got curious. But she's not getting it for another week. I'm gonna read it again.

We need a new thread soon....
|| JESS