Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Since this year started 9 days ago, I've been studying a lot more. I have to because I wasn't happy with my grades for a long time. Although it does get rather boring after awhile.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 01-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

I think my results from my last exams weren't really good at all, so my parents will probably kill me. Sigh. I should start studying instead of going on the computer. It's unhealthy. Plus I have advanced math this year and it's going to take its toll on me....fifteen more days..

Oh, Emily! I got the books!
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 01-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Don't remind me of math, I'm completely lost on what we're studying right now and finals are in two weeks.

YAY JESS! You will LOVE them!

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

I used to be good at math but last year, I was stumped. Everything was so advanced at my new school, so now I suck. And this year is advanced math so I'm probably going to die.

I love my brother for getting these books. Too bad he's vomiting right now. That is all.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 01-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZOCFan
I used to be good at math but last year, I was stumped. Everything was so advanced at my new school, so now I suck. And this year is advanced math so I'm probably going to die.
What's in the advanced math? Algebra II? Pre-Calc?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

I actually don't really know. But all the teachers say it's really hard. There's two math classes you have to take. One is AS Pure Math, which is the harder one, and the other one is AS Stats. In my options book, it's got all the info but I don't exactly remember, but the Pure Math class is mostly everything else except Stats (duh).

Teachers at my school told us that past students who took Extended Math (which is what I took last year) and got A's, have failed advanced math, so it's not good for me at all.
|| JESS
Old 01-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstarshine
Since this year started 9 days ago, I've been studying a lot more. I have to because I wasn't happy with my grades for a long time. Although it does get rather boring after awhile.
It does get boring, doesn't it? I haven't even started with the assigments that I have to do, and I'm already bored.

What books did you get Jess?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What books did you get Jess?
Oh, I just recently ordered from Amazon, Sloppy Firsts and the sequel Second Helpings written by Megan McCafferty. The first book is hilarious.
|| JESS
Old 01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Jess are you in the UK? If so are you doing A levels?

I did Maths A Level and it was sooo hard. I did Pure 1, 2 and 3, plus Stats 1 and 2, and Mechanics 1. I prefer pure but its really hard, you have to really work at it.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Nah, I live in NZ. But some of the schools in New Zealand don't like the new NZ education system because they think it's unaccurate etc, like mine, so we do cambridge instead.

But this year I'm doing all AS subjects. Maths, Accounting, Economics, and English Language. I'm suppose to do three full A levels so I have no choice but to do Math, Accounting & Economics in my last year to complete my A-levels. Sigh.

I don't know how those brainiacs did it. I know a few people in my year who already took it last year, and are doing their A2's this year. And they kept get 95% and over in their exams. Weird.
|| JESS
Old 01-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

ooh that makes sense, i thought you were from NZ then you were talking about my school system and i got all confused.

AS/A levels are soooo hard. They killed me, seriously. They are basically equivalent to uni level in america i think.

So did u do GCSEs last yr?
Old 01-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, if I went back to my old school (I moved schools last year to do cambridge) I'd probably be in a year higher then I initally should be since NCEA is pretty easy.

But yeah I did my IGCSE's last year. I get my results back on the 21st, so nervous.
|| JESS
Old 01-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Feel free to give me a nice head slap, but what are ASs and IGCSEs?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

I GCSEs? I wonder if they are different to the GCSE's that we have here.

And GCSE's and A levels are the british schooling scystem. the exams you take at 16 and 18.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think the IGCSE's are the same equivalent to the GCSE's because some of my textbooks were GCSE ones.

It was weird last year because most of the people in my year did a few IGCSE's when they were 14/15, while I came from a different school. I was the only fifteen year old there who had never done it before. I hate adjusting to change, it never works.
|| JESS