Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I like tap water just fine. The thought of paying for bottled water just seems like a rip off to me.

My town is pretty good to keep up with the plowing on the town roads through the winter. Sometimes though it's really windy and stormy, so there's just no way they can keep up.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm one of those that have gone home wasted. It didn't help that I had a driver so I was out drinking every week back then. And then I got old, I don't like going to the bar now and just prefer drinking wine (at a friend's condo or at home). My nightcap is usually coffee. Being drunk is no fun, I remember everything but I'm powerless to stop my craziness. I still drink but I don't drink too much and if I do, it's only in the company of close friends and family now. I'm glad those days are over tbh.

My favorite drink? This one. I can have 3 straight ones and still feel fine.

As for wine, I like Merlot. 6 of this I'm buzzed.

Bec, I haven't tried tomato juice. I'm kind of scared to because I only like tomatoes when they're on a pasta or burger. Awww, your sig! Thanks so much.

Lizzy, no plans just staying at home. How about you?

Mascha, I'm a wine drinker too. At least lately (I have to substitute the beer or cocktail, haha). What's your favorite?

Hey Chris & Roxy!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, that picture looks like it's a very refreshing drink.

I actually love beer and wine and some cocktails. I prefer a yummy cocktail or a nice beer at a restaurant over going to the bar these days.

I actually had a drink last night and ended up throwing away 3/4 of it. I just didn't feel like drinking it.

I am going to relax today. I'm really looking forward to it, and then I fly home tonight. I've been out all week for work.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 08-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

Mascha, I'm a wine drinker too. At least lately (I have to substitute the beer or cocktail, haha). What's your favorite?
There are a lot of wines that I like, but with red wines I prefer (surprise, surprise) Italian wines. Chianti always does it for me no matter the price, Montepulciano, Primitivo.. they're all delicious and usually affordable
For white wines, I don't really know Grüner Veltliner (German wine) is delicious, and also in New Zealand they seem very capable of making very yummy white wines Spymountain etc.
And Chile also seem to be very capable of making both good red and white wines
I'm a bit of an allrounder it seems

And oohh, mojito? Yummy! Although that IS the very cocktail that has gotten me very drunk TWICE. Once with friends when we were too lazy to get the soda water from the fridge and, hence, only replenished with rum, and once with by boyfriend when we were - again - too lazy to walk to the fridge I didn't want any rum for at least 6 months after that

Speaking of drinking... Only yesterday I was posting here about how I never get drunk. And then I got kinda drunk White wine and tequila shots Oh well. Luckily I don't get these very bad hangovers. Just a bit nauseated, no head aches or anything

Beer can be very yummy too indeed, Lizzy! The best beer I recently discovered came from this small brewery close to my parents' house named "Oersoep" ("primordial sea/soup"). It's SO fruity and yummy. I love going to this place where they serve this beer, they also have the BEST burgers and roasted chickens

Hope you're all enjoying your sunday!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Lindsay, that picture looks like it's a very refreshing drink.
I think so too! Lindsay, it looks very lemon-ey. I know they're limes, but lemon-ey sounded better than lime-ey.

Mascha, you're very pretty! Cute Instagram profile picture.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

pretty picture Mascha.

Cece - I know what you mean about lemony vs limey.

We had quite the thunderstorm here this afternoon.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

We haven't had rain in DAYS, but that is typical of Texas summers. Dry, hot, humid, and sunny. Oh and Chris, I think bottled water is a rip-off too but it just tastes so different from tap water. And even different brands of bottled water tastes different. I guess I have sensitive taste buds and have been spoiled. I need to drink more water (never meet the recommended amount by docs). I've been drinking more coffee than water these days.

Almost time for a new thread, I see!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy same here. I usually order a cocktail at a restaurant. I don't like going to a bar now because it's so noisy. #old

Mascha, great pic! I always like to eat wine with cheese (the more it smells bad the better, haha). Ugh, tequila. I swore off drinking those and have not tried it for a long time because it gives me a bad hangover. Wine + tequila don't mix so you will definitely feel buzzed.

Chris, we usually get thunderstorms here every afternoon (our mornings are hot). The dogs don't like it.

Roxy, I'm just gonna call you Cece because I feel like the oddball calling you by your UN. Do you want to start the new thread soon?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miros calls me Roxy over at the AoS board, so it is completely fine. And Bec too! You can choose to be oddballs with them. Haha jksjks.

I wouldn't mind starting the new thread when we reach 299 and if I'm still around then!

Monday is soon upon us (or already upon us for some of you). Hope everyone has a fantabulous week!
Old 08-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just got back!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Also, tequila and wine really does sound like a terrible combination. Despite feeling like crap today, I hope you had fun last night, Mascha.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome back, Lizzy!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
Welcome back, Lizzy!
Thanks for the welcome back! I've been around posting just mostly on the TV board and not as often on the other boards.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I thought I've seen you around Must have missed when you said you were going on a trip. I saw on our bunny thread that it was a work trip, right?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

all

Welcome back Lizzy

Cece - feel free to start the new thread if you're around.

The stormy weather continued here last night. It hailed twice. I was glad to be home, safe and sound.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

New thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f20/caf%C3%A...chat-63154961/

Thanks for giving me the honors of opening!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread