Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

OZ SatC: Is she going to Paris?

Okay let's discuss. Personally.... I don't like the Russian at all.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I know I'm not from Oz but I'd just like to say I don't like the Russian either
Old 11-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Yes! Aussie thread!

And I'm up there for the Russian hate.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

I don't like the Russian either. I thought he was so rude to her and the girls last night in the first episode. I hope she doesn't go to Paris with him.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

He is rude and if he loved her he wouldn't have treated her friends that way.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't like him either. He's so not right for Carrie. I don't know what she sees in him.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Hello!

I'm another Aussie who's managed to stay unspoiled as to who Carrie ends up with. But I get the impression The Russian's not supposed to be likeable and she'll end up with Big for that reason. That's my grand theory anyway.

I couldn't believe she decided she wanted to go after the way he behaved in last night's ep. The way Carrie treated Miranda was a big uncalled for. It's obvious that Miranda's looking out for her best interests and Carrie just turned it around on her. But then I guess I'm with Miranda on not wanting her to leave and the show to end.

I thought Charlotte's storyline was hilarious last night. Her prissy expression during the park incident while Harry was trying to break up the dogs was priceless. Oh, and Samantha's comment that Elizabeth Taylor got gangbanged in the park being so 80s. I loved that. When Charlotte learns she got "knocked up", leaving them to raise a family of mutts and says, "Elizabeth Taylor, Mommy can't look at you right now". That was a prize moment too. The puppies were adorable, btw!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 11-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

I don't like the Russian either

Charlotte and Harry were great last night "Elizabeth Taylor Mummy can't look at you right now!"

Carrie needs to call BIG Her fight with Miranda was sad I agree with Miranda.

Samantha once again was a pissa She cracks me up. I laughed so much when Miranda was talking about how she thinks her maid might be using her vibrator when they were at the Russian's apartment.

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 11-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

OMG I cannot STAND the Russian!

He was so rude! To Carrie and to her friends!
And I cried when Miranda and Carrie had their fight! I am toitally on Miranda's side with this one!

You know what - as much as I donot like Big - I have accepted the fact that realistically Aiden is not coming back... So I hope Carrie and Big end up together!

Steal her from the Russian, Big! You can do it!!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Damn, missed it last night. Can anyone fill me in?

I hope Carrie ends up with Big, man! Aww.

The Russian needs to...go.
Quote:
laughed so much when Miranda was talking about how she thinks her maid might be using her vibrator when they were at the Russian's apartment.
What?! Ah, I love Miranda.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Here is a summary from the offical site on the two episodes:

THE COLD WAR:
New York is in the middle of a cold snap, but Carrie and Petrovsky's relationship continues to sizzle. The pair cuddle up in the Russian's apartment for several days, causing Carrie to somewhat isolate herself from her friends. During this period, Carrie starts to wonder if she and Petrovsky have anything in common. They never talk about work, even though Petrovsky has a huge exhibition looming in Paris. When Carrie finally does come home from Petrovsky's, she's got a week's worth of messages waiting for her... all from Big. She erases the messages, and gets a sense of satisfaction from doing so.

Samantha (along with her fabulous collection of wigs) is non-plussed to hear growing rumors that Smith is actually gay. However, after a carefully cropped image of Smith, Stanford and Marcus sees print, the talk intensifies, and Sam is stuck with the label of "fag hag." To combat the rumors, Sam breaks out a video camera, and films a raunchy sex scene between her and Smith. The tape "leaks" to the press, and Smith's (and Sam's) sexual preferences are firmly established once and for all.

Charlotte decides to take Elizabeth Taylor back into competition, entering the King Charles Spaniel in a dog show. The event doesn't go smoothly, as Elizabeth goes into heat right before the judging. Despite leaving a trail of blood droplets in the ring, Elizabeth takes first prize, largely due to the judge being sweet on Charlotte. Harry and Charlotte take Elizabeth to the park to celebrate, but the spaniel ends up mounted by numerous other pooches, much to the dismay of the Goldenblatts.

The general disarray of the Hobbes/Brady house in Brooklyn is starting to get to Miranda. Even though Steve is constantly tinkering with the property, she finds every chance to flee back to Manhattan. After a difficult night out with the girls, she returns home to discover that Steve has finally installed her DSL line, making Brooklyn feel a bit more like home to her.

Carrie gets Petrovsky to agree to meet with all of the girls for a drink, but he ends up no-showing the get-together due to his workload. Carrie brings the girls up to the Russian's studio to introduce everybody, but he winds up shooing them all alway so he can continue to work. After the girls leave, Carrie approaches Petrovsky, only to discover that he's in the midst of an anxiety attack about his upcoming exhibition in Paris. He finally is willing to discuss his work with her, and the couple spends the rest of the night talking.

SPLAT!
Carrie finally manages to bring her new and old friends together as Petrovsky hosts a dinner party for Ms. Bradshaw's inner circle. The evening is pleasant enough, but it's clear that there's some tension in the air. An off-handed comment from Samantha (regarding her vibrator) illicts a particularly uncomfortable reaction from The Russian. Petrovsky then totally throws the party into a spin when he announces that Carrie will be moving to Paris to live with him. Although his announcement is a bit premature (he had only made the offer to Carrie shortly before the party began), it's clear that Carrie is indeed considering the intercontinental journey. It's also clear that Miranda isn't totally thrilled with this possibility.

A decision about Paris will have to wait as Carrie and Petrovsky attend a party thrown by Enid Frick, Carrie's editor from Vogue. Enid asks Carrie to set her up with one of Petrovsky's friends, but when she produces food critic Martin Grable at the party, Enid's reaction is tepid. Instead, Enid tries to put the moves on Petrovsky, a tack that is quickly headed off by Carrie.

Also at the party is former "it girl" Lexi Featherston, an old running partner of Carrie. Unfortunately, Lexi is a 25-year-old party girl in a 40-year-old body, and she quickly wears out her welcome at the event. Coked up and craving a cigarette, Lexi denounces all of the people at the party, utters the immortal words "I'm so bored I could die," then trips over her Manolos and falls out of a window to her death.

Lexi's death causes Carrie to pause and consider her own life. All of her friends have been moving on with their lives - Miranda has married and gone to Brooklyn, Charlotte has married and is now taking care of a litter of puppies, and Samantha is finally in a stable relationship. Carrie wonders if it's time to try some change in her life as well. She accepts Petrovsky's offer.

At Lexi's funeral, Carrie drops this bombshell on her three best friends. Samantha and Charlotte are supportive, but Miranda is hesitant. The old friends take a walk, and Miranda admits that she doesn't like Petrovsky at all. Carrie is hurt by this, and walks away from Miranda, getting ready for her new start at life.

I do believe it was Samantha who said her maid was using her vibrator - not Miranda
Old 11-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

OMG I SO MEANT SAMANTHA!!!!!! Why the hell did I type that haha. I must of lost my mind yesturday. hehe

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 11-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for bringing the ep summaries by, Nadine!

I loved the vibrator comment at dinner too! When she was asked what it was doing in the kitchen, she goes, "I like to mix things up".

Gotta love Samantha's random comments. It's so funny when she'll say something over brunch or lunch and the girls will change their order becuase Sam's just turned them off their meals.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 11-04-2004, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Samantha is by far the funniest of the four.
She cracks me up!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

I love the Russian! I think he's cute. Pretentious, but cute.

Samantha is my fave too

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen