Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
Hee!

Ohhh... pretty!!
I second that!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Supreme Fan

I just had to say about time we finally got a Delta Forum.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpinBeneathCandy
Oh publishing, sounds exciting maybe you can get me a couple of free books?
I can try. I'll put you down for free mag subscriptions if I ever land a job at ACP too.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You better. You should... hmm work for the company that publishes Nicholas Sparks books, that would be convient for me I only need two more to finish my collection.
I'll be mindful to apply for work in a company that does publish Nicholas Sparks then. Which reminds me, I must read the Notebook, before I see the movie. Do you know when that's due for release?

icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No I don't. We'll probably get the movie in ten years time, like we always do

I read the book a while back and it's great... but I must admit it's not his best. I love all his books and I find it hard to be bias towards one, I flip and change on which one is my favorite depending on my mood But it is a really really good book. You're enjoy it.
We tend to have to wait that long. Drives me nuts too. Maybe not for this one though. I saw a promo poster at Chadstone last week. There was no release date, just a "coming soon". Hopefully they mean soon, and not in ten years time!

Oh cool. I've been recommended it by so many people, so I definitely will make a point of reading it - as leisure reading between my mandatory uni stuff.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ohh, steal me the promo poster. I'm never at Chadstone. I really want it.

Yeah it's really light to read as in it's not that long, you might need tissues and stuff if you're emotional and girly like me when it comes to movies and books.
I would if it weren't inside glass. Why must they make poster stealing so hard? But hopefully they'll have more, easily accessible ones in the next few months.

Oh, that's good. I found AWTR very readable like that. I read it in the space of a few hours. Aha, thanks for the tip. I will definitely need the tissues, I think.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Oh, that's good. I found AWTR very readable like that. I read it in the space of a few hours. Aha, thanks for the tip. I will definitely need the tissues, I think.
I need to read AWTR. I'm uneducated and didn't know it was a book before I saw the movie, but a grand total of NO bookshops over here seem to have it. Or anything by him. Its ridiculous!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I need to read AWTR. I'm uneducated and didn't know it was a book before I saw the movie, but a grand total of NO bookshops over here seem to have it. Or anything by him. Its ridiculous!
I didn't like the book... I read it after seeing the movie - perhaps that was the problem?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to read AWTR too, I adored that movie.

Any other book recommendations. I used to read a lot, but these days, I haven't really...
Old 08-17-2004, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Ellie Any Nicholas Sparks book is good if you want to have girly moments.
I'll keep that in mind. I'm feeling very girly today, so maybe that's what I need. I went shopping and got the cutest skirts. So the girly mode has sunk in today.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well if you can get your hands on one, be sure to keep it for me. Heh. Can I ask for a request? You know your delta icon of her spinning in the white dress can you turn it into an avatar by any chance?
You have my word on that. Sure! I actually made a few in FF format a while back. Only 'cause the file limit here is so much smaller, it means I had to remove a lot of frames. So it moves faster, and at slightly lesser quality. But is this okay?:

ETA: 2 more with borders, and at diff speeds.
Let me know if you'd like me to slow them, down. Or feel free to fiddle around with 'em yourself.

I read AWTR after seeing the movie too, Rach and Nadine! I think it can work in your favour doing it in that order, 'cause the movie gets you interested, and the reading experience is intensified - 'cause you get more detail and experience the parts that were omitted, rather than feel like they cut everything out in the film version. If that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
I'll keep that in mind. I'm feeling very girly today, so maybe that's what I need. I went shopping and got the cutest skirts. So the girly mode has sunk in today.
Ahh, me too, Ellie! I went shopping today, and bought a really pretty, LWY-esque top for a uni ball I have coming up. So I'm feeling very much in girly mode too. Now I need to find a skirt to match...More shopping can't be that bad.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 08-17-2004 at 07:12 AM
Old 08-17-2004, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Ahh, me too, Ellie! I went shopping today, and bought a really pretty, LWY-esque top for a uni ball I have coming up. So I'm feeling very much in girly mode too. Now I need to find a skirt to match...More shopping can't be that bad.
Oh really?! Yay! And I bet that top is gorgeous! And I think shopping is a goood thing, definitely very good, it put me in such a good mood today.

Temt might be a good place if you have any close by you. That's where I got my stuff today adn I just adoore that place. Prices are reasonable and they have so many nice things. Lots of delta-style tops and all that, it's wonderful!
Old 08-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
Oh really?! Yay! And I bet that top is gorgeous! And I think shopping is a goood thing, definitely very good, it put me in such a good mood today.

Temt might be a good place if you have any close by you. That's where I got my stuff today adn I just adoore that place. Prices are reasonable and they have so many nice things. Lots of delta-style tops and all that, it's wonderful!
I adore it. I intended to buy a dress, but the top was too pretty to resist. I'm all for retail therapy! It really does work - at least till you get your next bank statement. The mood nose-dives then. Buy hey, we're young, so live for the moment, I say!

Oh, thanks, Ellie! I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I should look it up. I love when you can find a place that has the style you like, at an affordable price (so you can buy more! ).

I got my top from Sportsgirl actually. (I saw Delta's green top again too ). Apparently they'd only ordered a few of this particular one into selected stores. There was one left, and it was a bit too big. The last one in my size was being held for someone who never picked it up, so I got that one. I was so pleased.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the avatar Kat

I might go to Highpoint to meet Avril on Friday, but I don't know if it's worth it. I love her music,, uh I don't know.
You're welcome, Dana! It totally suits your SN, btw!

It's a long way, hey? But if you're a big fan and you're willing to wait it out in line for however many hours, you should go for it. Be sure to bring a friend to pass the time and hold your place in line if you need to buy a drink or take a toilet break!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
She is only signing 500 copies. I don't think it's worth it. As well as that, I love her music, but I don't think she's the kind of person you wait to sign get a CD signed from ya know?
Aw, really? That's a pity there's a set limit. I'll be honest in saying I like her music, but she doesn't seem to have that repall with her fans. She seems a little too sedate when it comes to fan-meety things and interviews. I hope none of the fans that do turn out to wait come home disappointed.

icon by *Evie