Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2013, 04:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Innocent Eyes #2: "it's just been named the best-charting album by an Australian in 30 years"

Innocent Eyes
Released: March 21 2003

Track Listing

1. Born to Try
2. Innocent Eyes
3. Not Me, Not I
4. Throw It Away
5. Lost Without You
6. Predictable
7. Butterfly
8. In My Own Time
9. My Big Mistake
10. This Is Not Me
11. Running Away
12. A Year Ago Today
13. Longer
14. Will You Fall For Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Singles

1. Born To Try
2. Lost Without You
3. Innocent Eyes
4. Not Me, Not I
5. Predictable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards

2003 ARIA No.1 Awards
Gaining No. 1 position on the ARIA album charts: Innocent Eyes
Gaining No. 1 position on the ARIA single charts: Born To Try, Lost Without You, Innocent Eyes

2003 ARIA Music Awards
Best Single: Born To Try
Best Breakthrough Artist (Single): Born To Try
Best Breakthrough Artist (Album): Innocent Eyes
Best Pop Release: Innocent Eyes
Highest Selling Single: Born to Try
Highest Selling Album: Innocent Eyes

2003 MTV Video Music Awards
International Viewers' Choice Award: Born To Try

2003 Video Hits
Video of the Year: Born To Try

2004 ARIA No.1 Awards
Gaining No. 1 position on the ARIA album charts: Innocent Eyes
Gaining No. 1 position on the ARIA single charts: Not Me Not I, Predictable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Her Words

"I wanted to make an album that reflected me at this time in my life"

"Every song takes me to a place where I can remember what happened"

"The album is almost like a diary I have been keeping over the last two years"

"Every track has a meaning behind it that's personal to me. I have been looking forward to this
day for a long time and I just hope that everyone likes the music as much as I loved making it"

Previous Threads: #1

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 10-08-2013 at 07:02 PM
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
I wanna hear the acoustic versions of Not Me, Not I and Lost Without You. I'd love to hear slower versions of these two songs!
There is an acoustic version of LWY already, but it would be great to have one that's more recent, Delta's voice has grown so much
Old 09-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You're welcome for the new thread

I think any songs which already have had acoustic versions released or done would sound different now as she's more experienced & has changed over time . Ten years is a long time

Posting this in here too

Quote:
Your first album, Innocent Eyes, is being repackaged as an acoustic version and hits shelves next month—what was the catalyst for reworking it? "It's 10 years since its original release and it's just been named the best-charting album by an Australian in 30 years. It was seven-and-half months at number one—and that was really special. So basically it's in celebration of ARIA releasing these statistics. It was an incredible moment and I'm extremely proud."

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's true, they would sound different

Love what you've added to the OP so far!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I wonder how much she played around with the songs finding the best sound for them or if it was just something quickly thrown together

I'm glad, mostly I'm just throwing things in there for now then when I have all I want I'll make it more fancy

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, this is the first time I'm hearing about it, but she could have been working on it for a while

Good idea!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah she could have. People can work on things secretly . I hope thought was put into it, but I also have this feeling where I doubt Delta would release anything she wasn't happy with so she'd have to at least have been happy with the music she was producing for it which would require some thought & work done for it

I was thinking after I've done this one maybe I could look at doing OPs for the other albums in a similar way, what do you think?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, I don't think Delta would release an acoustic version if she wasn't happy with it Her acoustic songs are usually pretty good, sometimes even better than the original version, so I can't wait to hear it!

Sounds great, there isn't much of an OP for the other albums, except COTU so it would be good to have more info there
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I agree. I can't wait to hear it either. I wonder if there will be some songs that any of us prefer over the original versions

Ok

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ive was just thinking the other day that its been ages since ive wanted to listen to her music, this is definitely gonna draw fans back in
Old 09-17-2013, 02:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is a great idea, as long as there's enough promotion for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
I agree. I can't wait to hear it either. I wonder if there will be some songs that any of us prefer over the original versions
I'm quite attached to the original versions, but it's possible
Old 09-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah promotion is the key

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if there will be a new cover and album booklet
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

she should recreate the cover