Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Loyal Fan

there should be photos from the inside of the ball becouse there are louds of Crown Princess Mary

maybe you can find a few links here

video clip of the red carpet and her performance at the gala

Last edited by Madicken; 03-02-2005 at 05:48 PM
Old 03-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting those, Madicken.

I'll be out tonight and won't be around to watch the VMAa live. But I'm sure there's bound to be a fair few clips and coverage popping up online throughout the evening.

In case anyone's wondering, I've de-topped this thread temporarily on account of the birthday threads. I figure it'll be pretty active over the next week anyway.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 03-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Delta's ex...that tennis player is getting married *puke* my mum says I should get over it
Old 03-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, you should because that news aint worth getting flustered over.

There is news of appearances by Delta on various shows here.

lmao, they finally announced that Olivia was even at the function on tonights news. I didn't know until I saw pictures posted here.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

LIST of winners for the inaugural MTV Australia Video Music Awards, held at Sydney's iconic Luna Park.

Best Male - Shannon Noll
Best Female - Delta Goodrem.
Breakthrough Artist - Missy Higgins.
Best Group - Green Day.
Best Dance Video - Usher For Yeah.
Best Pop Video - Guy Sebastian for Out For My Baby.
Best Rock Video - Green Day for American Idiot.
Best R and B Video - Black Eyed Peas for Hey Mamma.
Sexiest Video - Black Eyed Peas for Hey Mamma.
Best Dressed Video - Gwen Stefani for What You Waiting For.
Video Of The Year - Dissociatives for Somewhere Down The Barrel.
Pepsi Viewers Choice - Delta Goodrem.
Supernova - Evermore.
VH1 Music First - Cher.

McFadden's sad face

IRISH singer-songwriter Brian McFadden jokes his partner in song and off-stage Delta Goodrem has had to give him some acting lessons so he doesn't smile while performing their break-up duet, Almost Here.

"The first time we performed it, we were all smiles. We forgot it was a break-up song," he said at his Sydney hotel yesterday.
"Now we act. We role play the song. I am learning a lot of acting tips from Delta."

The pair were briefly but very happily reunited in his hotel room yesterday afternoon before resuming their promotional duties, reports music writer Kathy McCabe.

"I'll keep him," Goodrem laughed after a passionate embrace, before heading off to get ready for the Red Cross Anniversary Gala last night.

McFadden accompanied Goodrem to Australia to launch his debut solo album, Irish Son.

The dark and brutally honest collection of songs detail his battles with drinking, the break-up of his marriage to Atomic Kitten's Kerry Katona and his fury at his Catholic school upbringing.

While they capture the chapters of his life to date, McFadden said the new songs he has written recently are "not miserable at all".

"Since I left Westlife, I hadn't written one love song -- they were me thinking about my past," he said.

"Now, there's five love songs -- not normal love songs but the way I write them."

While McFadden and Goodrem share common musical ground -- they also both worked with British hitmaker Guy Chambers -- they disagree vehemently about football.

"Delta and her camp are always calling football -- soccer -- a wussy sport and talking about how great Aussie football is,"

he said.

"C'mon, we've beaten you six years in a row with the mixed football and proper Irish football [Gaelic football] ... they hit each other and if they drop the ball, bad luck. That's what men play."

McFadden will perform Almost Here with Goodrem at

the inaugural MTV Australian Video Music Awards at Luna Park tonight.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Just bumping this back up while it's detopped for the birthday threads
Old 03-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat & I have made a flyer for anyone who might be going to a Delta signing/app. [It's for fanforum-ers to give to Delta, so she knows about us.] Save it for when you get to see Delta!

This is what it looks like:

You can download the flyer here. It's a 1.5 mb file. Shouldn't be but I think Kat's the only one going to a signing this week anyway, so if it causes you probs, I'll try to fix it for you!

It's not as purple as it looks in the .pdf. Unless my printer's ink is running out, but I'm pretty sure it should print out similar to mine.

If there are any typos, blame Kat.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

You did an excellent job, Eves! You've got the blue colours and even some MI swirls happening there. So very Delta appropriate! I love it!! Thanks loads for lendng your creative expertise.

I only spotted one typo - an apostrophe missing from "its". But that's minor anyway. I could have done a better job on the wording if time permitted, so I do apologise for the simplicity and briefness. It was the best I could come up with at the time. It gets the essential message across through.

Dodgy wording aside, this flyer was Eves' brilliant idea. I'm really pleased she suggested it too! We invite more people to join us in taking a flyer along to the instores this week, if they plan on going. We all know how busy she is and how she only makes brief stopovers to the official forum (on which most of us are members too). If she knows about us over here by way of a flyer, she can find us quickly and easily. It'd be so brilliant if she could see what our little community has evolved into - dating back to when we were only a thread on the Female Celebs board. It'd be nice for her to know that she has expanding communities away from the DG forum as well as within it. And Eves and I believe our little advert is our best shot getting her attention. Even if she doesn't swing by, at least we can let her know we're out there and voice our support and appreciation. So it's a win-win situation, whichever way you look at it!

Have an awesome time at the Sydney instore today (those who go). We all eagerly anticipate your reviews!

icon by *Evie
Old 03-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice flyers guys
Old 03-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I the flyer Evie.

Its great that you showed Emilie's name in the screen shot as well. Just to show Delta that she is in the company of another well known Australian
Old 03-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Peachy.
Its great that you showed Emilie's name in the screen shot as well. Just to show Delta that she is in the company of another well known Australian
It does too! I never noticed that.

Quote:
Delta's still the one
March 7, 2005
The Daily Telegraph

Golden girl... Fans clamour to get a glimse of their true Australian idol

THOUSANDS of fans packed into a Sydney shopping centre yesterday to get up close with pop star Delta Goodrem.

About 6000 people saw Goodrem and boyfriend Brian McFadden perform their new duet at Bankstown Centro.

The pair performed the song Almost Here in their only public appearance together in Australia.

As Goodrem smiled, McFadden stole shy glances at her as she sang her part of the lyrics.

The former singer with Irish boy-band Westlife wowed the crowd with a rendition of his new single Real To Me.

But when Goodrem, dressed in jeans and a wispy printed shirt, took to the stage alone, it was clear who the fans had waited to see.

She opened with Out Of The Blue, the first single from her album Mistaken Identity, and the song that she penned for ex-boyfriend Mark Philippoussis.

There was no trace of the sadness that tinged her performance at the ARIAs.

Daniel Hall, 14, of Bass Hill had brought along his Delta scrapbook, filled with photos, reviews and news articles, for her to autograph.

"It's one of three books I've made," he said.

icon by *Evie
Old 03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Kat
Old 03-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

Anytime, Kel.

Here's another for today. It pretty much recaps what was discussed during tonight's ACA interview and ABC radio spot:

Quote:
Goodrem reveals all
March 07, 2005

SINGER Delta Goodrem says her relationship with Irish singer Brian McFadden was a friendship that turned into something else, and she's in love.

Goodrem was speaking to ABC Radio about the bad publicity she had received in Britain over her relationship with the recently separated McFadden, formerly of boy band Westlife.
The audience of an awards show in Ireland had vocally sided with McFadden's wife Kerry Katona, who was in the band Atomic Kitten, by chanting her name and booing the Australian singer.

"To be portrayed in a way sometimes that is nothing like you over there, like I was in the UK, it can be really personal," Goodrem said.

The songstress said she was surprised people were even interested in her relationships.

"I haven't had many relationships you know," she said.

"I'm still really very young and I guess I am still learning how to kind of cope with it myself.

"I don't know how to do relationships or anything. I am just doing music and talking to people yet I guess I am sort of learning everyday."

Goodrem said she was simply working with McFadden before becoming close friends, contrary to UK media reports that had painted her as a homewrecker.

"... then it developed into something different,' she said.

When asked if she was in love with McFadden, Goodrem said: "I am. I am very happy."

Goodrem brought McFadden home to Sydney last week where the couple attended the MTV awards and sang their duet Almost Here.

Goodrem, who had a very public split from ex-boyfriend and tennis star Mark Philippoussis, said the media "can be awful".

"It can be awful...that intrusiveness," she told ABC.

She wished Philippoussis and his teenaged fiancee, American heiress Alexis Barbara, well.

"Obviously Mark wanted to get married and good for them."

Goodrem said she just wanted to focus on her music now.

"I would love to have a number one album in America.

"I'd love to continue to have music that people respond to."

icon by *Evie
Old 03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There were 6000 people there? I thought there was only about 800.. hehe! don't ever get me to count anything for you..

I didn't even notice that Bel! I just wanted it to be even [2 above and below her] . That's nifty!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
There were 6000 people there? I thought there was only about 800.. hehe! don't ever get me to count anything for you..
I'm glad to hear it only felt like 800 'cause I'm not looking forward to the crowds at Highpoint tomorrow!

Quote:
Delta revs up for US
09mar05
Herald Sun

In Melbourne:Delta Goodrem yesterday.
Picture: Rob Baird

FOR Delta Goodrem next stop might be Germany but she already has America on her mind.

Goodrem will release an album including songs from Innocent Eyes and Mistaken Identity.

The reigning Queen of Australian pop is building a team around her for her US campaign.

"It will definitely be a challenge getting back into the swing of things," Goodrem said.

"It will be really wonderful to just start up again and just be a new artist."

Some have claimed Mistaken Identity is a flop but Goodrem won't have any of that.

"People don't realise that Innocent Eyes hadn't sold that many as Mistaken Identity had at the same time," she said.

"I'm really not worried."

Goodrem has a busy promotional schedule in Melbourne, with her boyfriend Brian McFadden, who's in the same record company.

McFadden and Goodrem have spent some quality time together but are still very tired.

Carefree

GOODREM revealed to The Eye that she plans to sing her first ever single, I Don't Care, on her national tour.

The single was never a huge hit, and back then Goodrem had a different direction.

She said that fans were constantly coming up to her at promotions in shops with copies of the hard-to-find single they have bought on eBay.
---

I wish people would get their facts straight about MI. IE obviously sold steadily over a longer period while majority of MI's sales will have happened in the first week.

And how exciting about IDC on tour! I was hoping she might perform it but didn't think it would be high on the cards. Hehe. You're one of those fans with (a signed copy of) the single, Eves!

Quote:
Delta Goodrem right neighbourly
Luke Dennehy
09mar05
Herald Sun

SHE'S been all over the world, but all Delta Goodrem wanted to do yesterday was return to Ramsay St.

Goodrem, 20, was back on the set of filming a role for the 20th anniversary year of the show.
"I couldn't be happier," she said. "It's kind of like, wow, I'm going back to Neighbours."

The singer is in Melbourne with boyfriend Brian McFadden, but they haven't had much time to see the sights because of separate promotional duties.

Goodrem is more worldly this time after the roller coaster of the past two years.

"I'm in a great headspace," she said.

"I'm back at home and, honestly, if anybody wants to give me attitude, I swear . . . I'm in such a good mood." She will be at Victoria Gardens, Richmond, tonight for the premiere of film Hating Alison Ashley.
---

She said on 3AW radio today that the Neighbours filming was supposed to be secret and she couldn't believe how quickly people had caught wind of it. When I started reading that last paragraph about giving her attitude, I thought she was going to say something very unlike her! I don't ever recall her not being in a good mood.

icon by *Evie