Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

A Delta duet? Which musical artists do you see her collaborating with?

So the likelihood of this happening anytime soon is not too high. But it's fun to speculate anyway.

A friend of mine, Evie, mentioned she'd love to see Mandy Moore and Delta record a duet someday. Since they both have such graceful, mature voices and performance styles. I think their voices would blend well too and would love to see that happen.

Another artist I'm really impressed with at the moment is Brooke Fraser. She's a New Zealander, and opened for John Mayer's Australian shows in April. She'll be launching her album this month, and has a pitch-perfect voice. She was just awe-striking live, and I think they'd hit it off well in the recording studios too.

Can you think of any other artists you'd like to see Delta perform or record with?

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 08-15-2004 at 01:01 AM
Old 08-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, Mandy Moore would be a good one to work with Delta. I just got Mandy's 'Coverage' and I think they have similar styles and would blend well together like you said.

I just had a little listen to Brooke too, and she does have a pretty nice voice, something that would match with Delta's well! I'm going to have to listen a bit more to her, she sounds like she has some good songs.

Since the ARIA's I've wanted to see Delta work with Darren Hayes, especially since they've become friends since them. I've always love Darren, though, still a bit up in the air about his latest song, but I think they could come up with something intresting.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Mandy Moore is a good choice. Mandy reminds me of Delta in some ways.

Um, I think Alex Llyod would be nice, some slow romantic song, or Pete Murray
Old 08-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hard one to think...

Oh... what about the "The calling" the leading singer
Old 08-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
Hard one to think...

Oh... what about the "The calling" the leading singer
Oh I know who you mean.

I think Guy Sebastian would be nice too
Old 08-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I usually would say Mandy Moore because they've both got really pretty voices but I'd say Brooke Fraser most definately.

I think with Delt's on the piano and Brooke on the guitar, sigh. That would be a dream come true.

[edit: Brooke's album aint out till Oct I think Kat. The single for Lifeline is out next month though!!]
Old 08-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Peachy.
I think Guy Sebastian would be nice too
YES! I've sorta been campaigning this (in my head, LOL) ever since Guy did "My Beautiful Friend". Even though they do have different styles, I think that's what could make it a good combination.

Delta should also do something with Josh Groban. Both gorgeous, both with fab voices. [/Josh pimping for the day]
Old 08-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Patrick Nuo! I don't actually SEE her collaborating with him, but it'd be like a dream come true for me, since I love them both.

Who's Patrick Nuo, you ask? Swiss singer with a beautiful voice who is also mega hot. Proof of his hotness.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh nice Susie! I'll have to check out his music next I'm online.

Hee, speaking of Lifeline. This could be a Delta/Brooke duet! Hm. though that would mean they'd have to be involved in a love triangle or something (to suit the lyrics) and the song would lose its meaning. IF they did a song like this it would be brilliant though. Download Lifeline and see if you agree with me!

lol Linda, Josh would be proud of you you pimptress.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by **Susie**
Patrick Nuo! I don't actually SEE her collaborating with him, but it'd be like a dream come true for me, since I love them both.

Who's Patrick Nuo, you ask? Swiss singer with a beautiful voice who is also mega hot. Proof of his hotness.
I KNEW you would say him!

But I think they'd work really well together.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
I KNEW you would say him!

But I think they'd work really well together.
Oh, shut up. I was disappointed that you didn't think of him!

Of course they would. They would also look very cute together, but that's a whole different story, I guess!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by **Susie**
Oh, shut up. I was disappointed that you didn't think of him!

Of course they would. They would also look very cute together, but that's a whole different story, I guess!
I was saving him for YOU!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh, how very kind of you
Old 08-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading through all the suggestions so far.

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
Ooh, Mandy Moore would be a good one to work with Delta. I just got Mandy's 'Coverage' and I think they have similar styles and would blend well together like you said.

I just had a little listen to Brooke too, and she does have a pretty nice voice, something that would match with Delta's well! I'm going to have to listen a bit more to her, she sounds like she has some good songs.

Since the ARIA's I've wanted to see Delta work with Darren Hayes, especially since they've become friends since them. I've always love Darren, though, still a bit up in the air about his latest song, but I think they could come up with something intresting.
I'm still yet to buy Mandy's Coverage, Ellie. I've been meaning to pick it up! I saw her perform on Sharon Osbourne's show the other day, and thought, that's it - I must remember to buy her album.

Oh, I'm pleased you liked what you heard of Brooke's music too! I have a feeling she's going to do very well here, and overseas, once Sony settles on release dates for her music. She's about to release her fourth single in NZ, and her first single release here has been pushed back twice already.

Oh, good one! I would love to see Delta and Darren work together too. The chances of it happening are somewhat increased, seeing as they're in regular contact now, and seem to forged a friendship since the ARIAs.

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

I think with Delt's on the piano and Brooke on the guitar, sigh. That would be a dream come true.

[edit: Brooke's album aint out till Oct I think Kat. The single for Lifeline is out next month though!!]
Oh, it would be mine too, Eves. That'd be fantastic.

I just read that at her official site too. Only a mate of mine e-mailed Sony last month and got confirmaton from them that the album would hit shelves August 23. There's a good chance they'e pused the release back again if I haven't heard/seen any sign of "Lifeline" yet though. I think I'm going to order it from NZ 'cause I'm tired of waiting!

Damn, you weren't kidding, Susie - Patrick is a hottie!
I'll definitely be checking out some of his music. Not purely on the basis of superficiality, but because you recommended it.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 08-17-2004 at 01:09 PM
Old 08-15-2004, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

I'm still yet to buy Mandy's Coverage, Ellie. I've been meaning to pick it up! I saw her perform on Sharon Osbourne's show the other day, and thought, that's it - I must remember to buy her album.

Oh, I'm pleased you liked what you heard of Brooke's music too! I have a feeling she's going to do very well here, and overseas, once her Sony settles on release dates for her music. She's about to release her fourth single in NZ, and her first single release here has been pushed back twice already.

Oh, good one! I would love to see Delta and Darren work together too. The chances of it happening are somewhat increased, seeing as they're in regular contact now, and seem to forged a friendship since the ARIAs.

I'll definitely be checking out some of his music. Not purely on the basis of superficiality, but because you reccommended it.
Oh it's a really good cd, I think so anyway! But I think she and delta would really work well together and their voices would blend together really nicely.

Aww, it's been pushed back? Damn! I'll have to keep an ear out, and when she does release something here, make sure I hear it!

It would be awesome if they would work together and like you said since they have a friendship it's more likely now. I love the SG guys, so it would be great if Delta and Darren did something together.

Patrick's stuff is good! Susie has good taste there!