Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

The Outsiders {Zig & Maya} #4: Because it is impossible for them not to finally happen.

{by tell me a lie/gothicbarbie}

{ZIG NOVAK}
BIOGRAPHY

{MAYA MATLIN}
BIOGRAPHY

{SUPPORTERS}
01. NewYorkCityRoyalty
02. JustMe2000
03. Lady Azura
04. kaleidocat
05. Soeshie20
06. zignovak
07. semmanclana
08. lalamergrl17
09. tell me a lie
10. mellifluouscloud
11. lexiness
12. falling slowly
13. Maple Crunch
14. ihavealife2uknow
15. degrassibaby
16. Astroman129
17. minkyfan
18. Eclarexdelena
19. Keepthisascret

{by caroilneforbes}

{REASONS}
01. Because they connected immediately.
02. Because they understand each other.
03. Because he wanted to pretend she was his girlfriend.
04. Because they have so many similar interests.
05. Because they're in a band (whisperhug) together.
06. Because "I never realized how much I liked him until it was too late."
07. Because "I've never liked anybody this much before."
08. Because "You stay put, I'll go score us a table."
09. Because "I mean it, you're the best, Maya."
10. Because she has nicknames for him.
11. Because she helps him with his relationship with Tori.
12. Because she looked him up online immediately after she met him.
13. Because we know she wants Zig, not a boy "like" Zig.
14. Because the kiss was mutual.
15. Because "I wanted to keep my options open, in case I met someone cool."
16. Because he told her she would crush the competition in the beauty pageant.
17. Because "You know, it hurts my feelings that you didn't even say hello."
18. Because "If the judges don't pick you then they're dumb."
19. Because "If he doesn't then he's an idiot. You deserve better."
20. Because "Tori kinda thinks you're into me."
21. Because "I was gonna check it out after school. you should come. "
22. Because "You didn’t have to walk me to class." "Well, I would’ve carried your cello too if you let me."
23. Because "Mo says I'm not sexy enough to pull it off, but..." "You are."
24. Because they sang together.
25. Because "It's a date!"
26. Because he opens doors for her.
27. Because he was happy when he heard she wasn't dating Cam anymore.
28. Because "You were amazing." "We were amazing."
29. Because "Thank you for doing this, Zig. It means so much."
30. Because "I know its crazy but..." We know what he was going to say!
31. Because the way he touched her face!
32. Because "Zig makes me feel good about myself."
33. Because "You don't know Zig like I do."
34. Because he was jealous that she got back with Cam.
35. Because "I know you felt something, we both did."
36. Because hand holding is becoming their thing!
37. Because "Are we really going to do this?" "Yes. And you're going to kill it."
38. Because saying no to her was the hardest thing ever.
39. Because he said he'd wait for her.
40. Because she doesn't want a guy like Zig, she wants the real thing.
41. Because he fished her cello out of the dumpster for her
42. Because in Underneath It All, Maya meets up with him at The Dot despite Tori/Tristan warning her that he's bad news.
43. Because "Maybe you're the one that's not his type!"

{OF THE MOMENT}

{by beckibake}

Last edited by Soeshie20; 04-05-2015 at 08:40 AM Reason: added a previous thread to the op.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thank you for starting the new thread! I started the last two so I wasn't sure if I should start this one.

So what do we think will happen next season? New love triangle with Zoe/Zig/Maya or will the Miles/Maya/Zig one carry one? BOTH AT THE SAME TIME??? And will Zig get a place of his one so they can date and be accepted by her parents?
Old 08-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Thnx for me starting one I love zaya so much I want zig and zoe to become friends good friends with each other .
I hope to see a jealous maya that would nice for ones I hope maya/miles/zig is at a end next season
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Thanks for the new thread.

As for what's going to happen in Season 14....I think we're heading to triangle land with these two and Zoe.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 08-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread.

As for what's going to happen in Season 14....I think we're heading to triangle land with these two and Zoe.
Thanks for the new thread!!

Damnit. No. No. I adore both potential couples...but like Zoe needs more time.

My username on Tumblr ain't just for nothing. Hell, I registered to Origin - just today - with the username zoemund. I am not even joking. I'm gonna be playing Sims 4 (when I get it) as zoemund. I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE ZIG, MAYA, ZOE, GRACE IN SIMS 4!

I don't want too much more drama with Zoe and Maya, pls, writers, especially not with eachother.

Currently, I'm working on a Zaya playlist. It's still not complete, lol. I can't just post a bunch of links to the translated lyrics for the Korean songs because I'd be spamming endlessly (there's at least one Japanese song and one Mandarin song).

Zaya Playlist (in-progress)
Old 08-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Your welcome you guys for the new thread

Spoiler:
Old 08-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oooh thanks for the playlist lexiness! I always like hearing what music reminds people of couples or characters.

I am really wondering how Maya's dad feels like having Zig in the house. Wish we saw him around more. Is the actor busy with other projects?
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Oooh thanks for the playlist lexiness! I always like hearing what music reminds people of couples or characters.

I am really wondering how Maya's dad feels like having Zig in the house. Wish we saw him around more. Is the actor busy with other projects?
You're welcome!

I forget Maya and Katie even have a dad. Same with Drew and Adam's family. Lol (Omar Torres). Does Mr. Matlin even have a name??

...I want Zig to talk about his little brother, too, and to see his mom talk to Maya's mother. That is an important scene if it's ever shot for an episode.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I was familiar with all the English songs and I liked your picks but I actually listened to the Korean ones first. Not that I understood a word but I like the beat of the music. And it is kind of fun because my brain likes to try to translate it...incorrectly. So I hear what I want to hear.

Dads often go missing! It is frustrating. I really wonder why this is. Is it harder to cast them?

Zig's little brother would be a perfect addition to the show! Couldn't he be a new niner?

I wish we had more Zaya moments in at Maya's house. I mean I'm overall pleased with what we got but I think more could have been done. And I'm just saying this because I enjoyed it all. Maybe there could have been some comedic b or c plot? It has to be awkward living with someone you have feelings for but can't on. Maybe we could have seen them doing laundry together?
Old 08-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
Dads often go missing! It is frustrating. I really wonder why this is. Is it harder to cast them?
I think so much of it goes back to the show probably only having enough budget for one parent for most kids (and none for others, sadly), and I guess they figure the other usually has more to do with raising of the kid so they tend to go for the mother. The Torres family is probably the most frustrating example of this as I feel there's been a whole lot of stuff happening in that household that should involve a father.

I remember there was one episode that had a couple of nice scenes between Katie and her father. I thought they were almost setting up a dynamic of her being a little closer to the father and Maya being closer to the mother, which could have been interesting to see play out. Not to be, though.

You guys mention Maya's father, but apparently Zig has one as well. Don't hold your breath on ever seeing him.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

We see drews mom, have seen his dad geus 2 times. Katie mom we do see her alot and Clare mother and Ali's parents . None of Dallas none of imogen well not lately. I would be nice to hav Zig interact with his father would be intersting to see
Old 08-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I know we've seen Drew's father, but he's basically been a glorified extra, which is a shame given all that's gone on with that family.

Anyway, back to these two. I've been re-watching some of the episodes from Season 13 and I just saw the first episode with Maya in the rubber room, during which she's paired with Zig for that project. All that time apart, and right away you can feel the sparks. It's amazing how much of that spark they generate when they're on screen together.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I know we've seen Drew's father, but he's basically been a glorified extra, which is a shame given all that's gone on with that family.

Anyway, back to these two. I've been re-watching some of the episodes from Season 13 and I just saw the first episode with Maya in the rubber room, during which she's paired with Zig for that project. All that time apart, and right away you can feel the sparks. It's amazing how much of that spark they generate when they're on screen together.
I agree! That's why it's exciting whenever they're in the same episodes. The chemistry is electrifying.

kaleidocat
: I don't even understand Korean/any language other than English, so I just rely on translations for the lyrics (if those are even correct). They can vary. Anime led me to Japanese pop and that led me to Korean pop. Still amazed with how fitting Barely Breathing is. Maya's indecisive nature - in dealing with Zig - is a constant theme in the lyrics.

Roll To Me was just a general friend-theme because, well, uh, they've been eachother's friend through rough situations.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

In what episodes was maya's father did we ever saw him ?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeshie20 (View Post)
In what episodes was maya's father did we ever saw him ?
On-screen appearances:
Can't Tell Me Nothing
(part 2)
Hollaback Girl (part 2)
In The Cold, Cold Night (part 1)

He's only 'mentioned by name or otherwise' in Zombie (part 2) and Summertime.

There's only one photo of him on the wiki, good lord.
Link: Mr. Matlin - Degrassi Wiki

He doesn't even have a first name.

I wonder how he'd view Zig (you know, his future son-in-law ).