Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

The Outsiders {Zig & Maya} #2: Like Zig, We Are Still Waiting For Zaya.

{by tell me a lie/gothicbarbie}

{ZIG NOVAK}
BIOGRAPHY

{MAYA MATLIN}
BIOGRAPHY

{SUPPORTERS}
01. NewYorkCityRoyalty

{by caroilneforbes}

{REASONS}
01. Because they connected immediately.
02. Because they understand each other.
03. Because he wanted to pretend she was his girlfriend.
04. Because they have so many similar interests.
05. Because they're in a band (whisperhug) together.
06. Because "I never realized how much I liked him until it was too late."
07. Because "I've never liked anybody this much before."
08. Because "You stay put, I'll go score us a table."
09. Because "I mean it, you're the best, Maya."
10. Because she has nicknames for him.
11. Because she helps him with his relationship with Tori.
12. Because she looked him up online immediately after she met him.
13. Because we know she wants Zig, not a boy "like" Zig.
14. Because the kiss was mutual.
15. Because "I wanted to keep my options open, in case I met someone cool."
16. Because he told her she would crush the competition in the beauty pageant.
17. Because "You know, it hurts my feelings that you didn't even say hello."
18. Because "If the judges don't pick you then they're dumb."
19. Because "If he doesn't then he's an idiot. You deserve better."
20. Because "Tori kinda thinks you're into me."
21. Because "I was gonna check it out after school. you should come. "
22. Because "You didn’t have to walk me to class." "Well, I would’ve carried your cello too if you let me."
23. Because "Mo says I'm not sexy enough to pull it off, but..." "You are."
24. Because they sang together.
25. Because "It's a date!"
26. Because he opens doors for her.
27. Because he was happy when he heard she wasn't dating Cam anymore.
28. Because "You were amazing." "We were amazing."
29. Because "Thank you for doing this, Zig. It means so much."
30. Because "I know its crazy but..." We know what he was going to say!
31. Because the way he touched her face!
32. Because "Zig makes me feel good about myself."
33. Because "You don't know Zig like I do."
34. Because he was jealous that she got back with Cam.
35. Because "I know you felt something, we both did."
36. Because hand holding is becoming their thing!
37. Because "Are we really going to do this?" "Yes. And you're going to kill it."
38. Because saying no to her was the hardest thing ever.
39. Because he said he'd wait for her.
40. Because she doesn't want a guy like Zig, she wants the real thing.
41. Because he fished her cello out of the dumpster for her
42. Because in Underneath It All, Maya meets up with him at The Dot despite Tori/Tristan warning her that he's bad news.
43. Because "Maybe you're the one that's not his type!"

{OF THE MOMENT}

{by samsearle}

Last edited by kaleidocat; 02-04-2014 at 01:21 AM
Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

This looks amazing!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not sure if I got the credit right on some of the arts/gifs so correct me if I'm wrong. There were a lot of great ones shared in the previous thread but then the tumblr was deleted so I couldn't double check (thankfully the images stayed if posted in the thread here!). Not sure where the "smiley" gifs I used for the bio section came from - it looks like there is a username on them.

Let's start a supporters list!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Aww love the openings page its beautiful !
Old 02-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can I be added to the list, please?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was thinking, that with tomorrow's episode looming, and not exactly looking promising. (Not gonna spoil it for those who haven't seen the promos.) We should all share our favourite Zaya moments, or have a countdown! Or maybe we can discuss the moments which made us start shipping them in the first place. We can't do anything about Zig and Maya being angsty this season, but we can try to stay cheerful, and hope that everything will work out for them!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'll add you to the list NewYorkCityRoyalty! I almost put you as the first since you started the first thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
Or maybe we can discuss the moments which made us start shipping them in the first place.
I think the moment I started shipping them was when Zig and Maya first noticed each other and then Tristan and Tori warn her that he is bad news but she doesn't form any quick opinions of him. I can't even remember why T & T were bitter...figure that it was over some middle school drama so I don't really hold it against them...but that still has always stuck with me. The fact that Maya wasn't judgmental was one of the main reasons I became a fan of her as well.

Zaya just feels like such a long time thing coming. I want to see how they are as a couple.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I'll add you to the list NewYorkCityRoyalty! I almost put you as the first since you started the first thread.

I think the moment I started shipping them was when Zig and Maya first noticed each other and then Tristan and Tori warn her that he is bad news but she doesn't form any quick opinions of him. I can't even remember why T & T were bitter...figure that it was over some middle school drama so I don't really hold it against them...but that still has always stuck with me. The fact that Maya wasn't judgmental was one of the main reasons I became a fan of her as well.

Zaya just feels like such a long time thing coming. I want to see how they are as a couple.
Haha, I think I pretty much started shipping 'em from the moment they met. But then, the whole issue with Tori threw a wrench in things, and to be honest, I'd give up on hope for a while, just because Zig and Tori seemed to be one of the few solid couples in the series. I had assumed that the writers had simply forgotten about Zaya, or that maybe the whole Maya/Zig/Tori triangle wouldn't be explored any further.

I honestly didn't expect them to be paired romantically again in Season 12. Especially with that episode with Tori and Zig, airing at the very beginning of the season.

I wonder, if this was the writer's plan all along? To make us wait and agonize for Zaya? Or maybe, they just randomly decided to re-explore the potential Maya/Zig/Tori storyline from that one episode in Season 11?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Passionate Fan

So... no reconciliation at the end of the episode. Boo. Oh well, at least that still gives me another week or so to come up with a oneshot with my own take.

Quote:
I wonder, if this was the writer's plan all along? To make us wait and agonize for Zaya? Or maybe, they just randomly decided to re-explore the potential Maya/Zig/Tori storyline from that one episode in Season 11?
I just hope they don't drag it out like they did with Bhandurner, only for Zig to cheat the second things go wrong. I mean, Zig's being a bit of a tool right now but... we'll see how that goes. I mean, obviously they're gonna reconcile at some point (I read a season synopsis somewhere that said something about Miles being worried because Maya's spending so much time with Zig - also, there's the promo where he's at her house) but whether or not that's going to stir up old feelings remains to be seen.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
So... no reconciliation at the end of the episode. Boo. Oh well, at least that still gives me another week or so to come up with a oneshot with my own take.

I just hope they don't drag it out like they did with Bhandurner, only for Zig to cheat the second things go wrong. I mean, Zig's being a bit of a tool right now but... we'll see how that goes. I mean, obviously they're gonna reconcile at some point (I read a season synopsis somewhere that said something about Miles being worried because Maya's spending so much time with Zig - also, there's the promo where he's at her house) but whether or not that's going to stir up old feelings remains to be seen.
Well, I did see something encouraging on the After Show. Basically Phoebe (I think that's her name) and that other girl asked Ricardo (He and Ana were guests) pretty much why Zig was being a tool to Maya, and Ricardo said that Zig loved Maya, and has a hard time letting her go. I dunno, what was said afterwards, I don't watch After Show too much.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

While there wasn't exactly a reconciliation at the end, I did think things moved forward ever so slightly with them. I'm actually curious to see if they're going to go anywhere with that whole rubber room being treated like criminals thing?

Great opening post, Nicole! And of course, you can add me.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
While there wasn't exactly a reconciliation at the end, I did think things moved forward ever so slightly with them. I'm actually curious to see if they're going to go anywhere with that whole rubber room being treated like criminals thing?

Great opening post, Nicole! And of course, you can add me.
Yeah, I hope so. It's a little discouraging seeing how hated we are by the fandom. Do you think that the writers would be influenced by the opinions of fans? Because a lot of fans are really vocal, about their...disdain...for this couple.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well, I did see something encouraging on the After Show. Basically Phoebe (I think that's her name) and that other girl asked Ricardo (He and Ana were guests) pretty much why Zig was being a tool to Maya, and Ricardo said that Zig loved Maya, and has a hard time letting her go. I dunno, what was said afterwards, I don't watch After Show too much.
Yeah, I saw that but is it Ricardo's interpretation of Zig's behaviour or what's actually going on?

Quote:
Yeah, I hope so. It's a little discouraging seeing how hated we are by the fandom. Do you think that the writers would be influenced by the opinions of fans? Because a lot of fans are really vocal, about their...disdain...for this couple.
If the writers were influenced by the fans, they wouldn't have made Eli cheat on Clare/Drianca break up. Or killed off Cam and Adam. Or any other decision that's been unpopular and gotten them enormous backlash.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Azura (View Post)
Yeah, I saw that but is it Ricardo's interpretation of Zig's behaviour or what's actually going on?

If the writers were influenced by the fans, they wouldn't have made Eli cheat on Clare/Drianca break up. Or killed off Cam and Adam. Or any other decision that's been unpopular and gotten them enormous backlash.
Did they allude to "Novas" at all? I turned the TV off, once Phoebe and that girl started playing the game. I'm not really interested in watching the actors play games, on that show.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
While there is hate for Zig/Maya there is also lots of love for them. They will forever have hate from hardcore Cam fans. But Stephen and Stefan have said some positive stuff about Zaya on twitter so I hope we have some good things to look forward to.

And I too don't think the writers ever listen to fan input (except with eclare) They care much more about a good story.