Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Mini James Dean (Hunter Hollingsworth/Spencer Macpherson) #1: "Be the hero of your own story, Hunter."

Hunter Hollingsworth/Spencer Macpherson Appreciation

Hunter Hollingsworth
Hunter Hollingsworth is the younger brother of Miles Hollingsworth III and the twin brother of Frankie Hollingsworth, and a freshman (Grade 9) at Degrassi Community School. He made his first appearance in No Surprises. Hunter is portrayed by Spencer MacPherson. *

Supporters:

1. kaleidocat
2. DuVe2LoVe
3. Walt Reynolds
4. socialfirefighter
5. JustMe2000

Spencer Macpherson
Degrassi is his first acting gig.
Learn more about the guy who plays Miles' little brother and Frankie's twin on YouTube and Twitter:
YouTube - Meet Spencer Macpherson
YouTube - After Degrassi with Ricardo Hoyos and Spencer MacPherson
YouTube - Degrassi Downtime - Sara Waisglass & Spencer Macpherson
Twitter - @jspencermac

"Real world people always disappoint, online I'm a hero."

Image credit: 1. 2. 3. 4.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 09-12-2015 at 11:02 AM
Old 10-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please. more of him.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I have a feeling this kid could get angsty. He's trying to shut himself off from the real world and escape into another. And I think he's got a lot of emotions, some that might be troubling, going through him. But the thing is that Miles is the one who always acts out. No wonder Hunter isn't a fan of his big brother. Miles probably seems so dramatic and is just trying to suck up all the attention from mom and dad.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Passionate Fan

This family is so dysfunctional and the only person who seems to be blind to it is Mr. Hollingsworth. I mean, Frankie's fairly normal but seems to have a few self-esteem issues (which makes sense. She's a teenage girl but her family is also in the spotlight) but we'll see if she acts out at some point.

Miles is basically "The UnFavorite" and his parents don't even try to hide it. Of course he's going to act out and have serious dependency issues (which we saw with Maya and I'm sure we'll see with Tristan.)

The mom's no better. She's obviously unhappy in her marriage.

And then there's Hunter, who just shuts himself out and escapes into a non-existent world.

I think my favourite part of the music video was the fact that Tristan AND Hunter go after Miles when he storms off. Maybe this will lead to some much-needed sibling bonding. I get the feeling that for the longest time it was Miles vs his "perfect siblings that his father dotes on and compares him to on a daily basis" rather than them banding together and realizing their parents are really bad at, well, parenting.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

It is kind of weird how I see him as this immature little brother on the show at times and then in stills and screen caps I'm all...ooohhh so moody and brooding!

Old 10-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

^ I feel the same >.<

I love Hunter. He's cute as the ever silent younger brother and even more adorable as the immature geeky gamer.

I already like him more than Miles. Let the younger siblings shine already.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

He didn't get to do much tonight in "...Spirit" but when he was I was quick to pay attention to his mopey body language. And noticed when he pulled on the headphones - that was a nice touch to show how he tunes his dysfunctional family out. I loved that family meal - the dialogue surprised me a bit but it was great because it felt realistic and wasn't dulled down with phrases that were more uh...g-rated, I dunno, you know what I mean. Everyone was intense when arguing and had personality throughout the whole scene.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I have to agree. And this is one thing I think they're doing right with this family when compared to some past relationships. Despite the fact daddy is a politician and they all have lots of money. The Hollingsworths feel very real. Especially in how mean they are to one other. Little brother Hunter seems to get the worst of his siblings' frustrations. His whole demeanor makes him an easier target for that. I'll give it to Spencer because he plays Hunter so wounded and awkward it makes it all the more believable.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
He didn't get to do much tonight in "...Spirit" but when he was I was quick to pay attention to his mopey body language. And noticed when he pulled on the headphones - that was a nice touch to show how he tunes his dysfunctional family out. I loved that family meal - the dialogue surprised me a bit but it was great because it felt realistic and wasn't dulled down with phrases that were more uh...g-rated, I dunno, you know what I mean. Everyone was intense when arguing and had personality throughout the whole scene.
I love hunter.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

I hope to see more of him this season and how he feels about his father and his family
Old 10-30-2014, 05:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't wait to learn more about him. The entire Hollingsworth family is so interesting.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

The hollingworth family is great . Hope we get to see more of Hunter maby when als the seniors leave
Old 11-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think TPTB are setting up more plot action for the twins. We can make some speculation on who they are, how their upbringing plays a role in how they act in school and with their peers, and where the character might be headed. I just hope Hunter's social awkwardness and sulkiness isn't cured by a romantic relationship. He could have some interesting growing up moments - great it has to get worse before it gets better times that high school is known for.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

He needs a plot tbh
Old 12-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like hunter.