Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's interesting you feel that way and I kind of do, too, now that I really think about everything that's happened with that character. Hunter is very much.. close-minded. He can be rude and goes off at the drop of a hat. It makes him an interesting character and possibly even relatable, but he could absolutely be more likable. It honestly bugs me that his ONE plot was about trying to win Arlene over and IMO, it wasn't even a strong plot. The fandom, on the other hand, is already starting to glorify him to an extent and it's honestly partially because of the actor's looks. I hear more about Hunter/Arlene than I do about Hunter and his various emotional/anger issues. I'm just kind of at a loss for where exactly they can go with Hunter. For now, my mind is mostly going to negative places. I just hope the writers have a plan for him and that it makes sense.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

And then the other plots he has been in its from Miles, Frankie or Becky's POV, he still has not been given a proper pov plot. Well yeah that happens when an actor is good looking, if he was overweight and average looking I think more people would see more clearly that Hunter is not exactly someone to romanticize or glorify, but with that said I can see how the fandom might find him relatable in some ways.Ideally he might go to a dark place but its not so far that he can't be redeemed again. this is a bad example but Spinner sorta went down a bad path and they sorta brought him back around, I think Hunter's path might be even darker but I still like Hunter as a character and find him interesting so I like him to stick around long term but whatever makes for a realistic and truthful story I am in favor of. I like when degrassi "goes there" and with Hunter I think they can really go there.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Right. We've mostly seen Hunter from other people's POV. It's kind of notable that Frankie, Becky and Miles have all seen signs that something is up with Hunter, emotionally. I just wonder where this will all lead next season. I realize they're teenagers, but it's kind of odd that Miles witnesses Hunter having a meltdown and decides to help by.. getting him a girlfriend. In theory, that's the last thing he needs, but I understand why Miles would think that way. The Degrassi fandom in general really bugs me and half the time, I get frustrated with the more popular opinions. It seems as if they either vilify characters over minor things or they have to have the fact that they're awful practically spelled out for them. No, I think that's a decent comparison, actually. All I know is that I'm definitely ready for more Hunter.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Have we seen much of Hunter with Mama Hollingsworth? I can't remember if he's said much about her during the divorce. He knows about his father's affairs right? For some reason I can see him not knowing. And the thing is that I think that's what his parents and Miles probably assume. But he likely knows more than they think.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Never one on one, I don't think. We've really only seen Mrs. Hollingsworth/Miles and Mrs. Hollingsworth/Frankie. I'm also fairly certain that Miles is the only one who knows about the affair out of the siblings. But I could be wrong about that. I just don't remember anything being revealed to them aside from the abuse.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well Frankie caught Mrs H and Drew so she knows that side of things, she might be the only one who knows about that. But I think Hunter is far more close with his father then his Mother and I think that showed in 14b but he seems overall like the black sheep of the family. Even though Miles was portrayed that way in a sense, Miles is a lot more like his family and fits in more then he thinks. Hunter is more in the corner observing everyone, I think Hunter knows more then he lets on tbh, he picks up on both Frankie and Miles behavior better than anyone, he just doesn't seem naive to me at all but since he still idealizes his father its very possible he doesn't but then again he knows about the abuse and still wants him around so..
Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's just hard for me to get a read on who knows what at this point. The writers aren't exactly giving all three characters equal attention. I personally didn't think Frankie had any idea about her dad's affair and honestly, until 14B, I would have pegged Frankie as the sibling closest to their father. So I hope we finally see Hunter/Mr. Hollingsworth interaction next season.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if the twins were essentially an afterthought as they were writing and developing Miles' character. It wouldn't have surprised if it had stayed that way too, but even TPTB had to realize what they had with Spencer and especially Sara. They couldn't avoid them, but I suspect a lot of the dynamics of that family (outside of Miles and his father) were done on the fly.

But, yeah, I think I too would have pegged Frankie as a Daddy's girl as S14 started, and Hunter as the oddball in the corner, not really attached to anyone but perhaps his sister.

On my wishlist for S15- more Mama H/Hunter interaction and at least one strong twin (and only twin) focused plot.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 09-30-2015, 03:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

That was most definitely what happened. I know the twins definitely caught my eye and I remember thinking back then that I'd gladly watch those two take up all that screen time over Miles. At this point, I suppose Frankie/Mrs. Hollingsworth and Hunter/Mrs. Hollingsworth having the closest bonds with Miles as the outsider.

I'd love to see a Frankie/Hunter plot. Preferably from Hunter's POV this time. I feel like we've only gotten a small preview when it comes to who Hunter is and I'm eager to see where the writers take him. I wasn't a fan of the Hunter/Arlene plot, but I think a plot involving his siblings would likely come across much better.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

those scenes between the siblings are so strong and I hope we get more of them. I think if something is going on with Hunter or where ever his plot is going the way it will effect Miles and Frankie will probably be the best part of it because you can tell they love him very much and ughh I just love this trio<3 its come such a long way from 13x10 where Miles said 5 times Frankie was his sister, just so we would know and she had like 2 lines.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Agreed. Their interactions are even better now that all three are characters that we either know well or have a good idea as to who they are. I still think more should be done with Hunter, but this show isn't perfect. Ever.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Few shows outside of The Sopranos an The Wire ever are.

So...the Hunter/Lola relationship, what episode in S15 do we start to see the seeds?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 09-30-2015, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

In all honesty, I won't be surprised if they end up together next season. They had a moment early in season 14 and while Lola is kind of flirty with most of the guys close in age, this is one that I could see coming to fruition.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

What would be their ship name? huntola? I thought I saw one for them but I can't remember what it was tbh. They be so cute for numerous reason!
Old 10-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've heard "Hula" and "Hola", but neither of those things could possibly be a ship tag. It honestly seems like the longer this show is on, the more difficult it is to create ship names. Sometimes I think the writers do this on purpose. Hollingcini? Pacinisworth? :p I give up.

Also, I'm here for awkward Hunter/Lola and Tiny/Shay double dates. The thought of Hunter and Tiny being forced to interact is so funny to me.