Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No Karen, I've not seen those shows, not sure where they'd be available...

Yes, Theresa we're all different. I'd like maybe to have more girly shoes, but I have wide feet, and can't put up feeling uncomfortable. I rarely wear make-up, but I do dress up occasionally.

I got into adulthood having no clue what to wear to enhance my figure. I had a good body but basically covered it up. I got Trinny and Susanna's book which taught me what clothes would suit me, and I think that's the only reason I dress well. Even so I can't be bothered most of the time and wear the same things day in and day out.

Right, I need to go now, I have to get dressed. Chat to everyone later! I'm hoping to get to 10,000 posts today.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)

Yes, Theresa we're all different. I'd like maybe to have more girly shoes, but I have wide feet, and can't put up feeling uncomfortable. I rarely wear make-up, but I do dress up occasionally.

I got into adulthood having no clue what to wear to enhance my figure. I had a good body but basically covered it up. I got Trinny and Susanna's book which taught me what clothes would suit me, and I think that's the only reason I dress well. Even so I can't be bothered most of the time and wear the same things day in and day out.

Right, I need to go now, I have to get dressed. Chat to everyone later! I'm hoping to get to 10,000 posts today.
The shows are in similar time as Reign takes place. Before cars and electricity.

I had bought a book in the 1980's that talked about the best make up, colour of clothes and style of clothes depending on skin colour and undertones. I am a "Summer" skin colouring I have and I have a square jawline so v-neck tops and dresses. And body type is between Romantic and sporty.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
OMG, what a day so far at work. For some reason, returning all books back for the year, plus ordering $5000 worth of books by end of today has been very taxing. That's alot of money, it seemed like adding up the total to enough would never end no matter how many books I could think of buying!

Just glad that is done. I thought had 3 days left to wrap up things here but turns out it was only 2.

So one more day to get as much done before I leave for summer.
That's a lot of books OMG! My books per uni annual year only cost about £500. $5,000 is a lot! I hope you get wrapped up in time, hun. All my love and luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
Bunnies.

Glad to see back up and running. Got busy today, and didn't get here.

I hope everyone is still having a good day, and it sounds like y'all have some fun plans! I think that's great.

My friend is coming here from Wales in September.

Though Leanne I hope your day wasn't too overwhelmingly busy.
I'm so happy it's back, it's unreal. It felt like a part of my life was missing when I couldn't get on. I hope you have fun when your friend comes over from Wales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
thanks.

I feel like going to bed but it's only 9 pm. So unless I want to wake up at 4 am I better hang on a bit more.

Today I got tickets for a music concert for David Duchovny in October, I'm kind of hoping Gillian Anderson will show up as a guest as they usually go to each other's live performances and support each other. Since they will be filming the X-Files during that time.
It's totally acceptable to go to bed early. I loved her on Hannibal.

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

Sorry work is being taxing, Leanne!

Good to see you Karen!

Sounds great that your friend is visiting you, Kim!

Jade: I'm not girly either. I've only got a lot of female friends relatively recently, who I met in the school playground. I don't paint my nails, gossip or have girly talks, but I'm not sure I want to have those kind of discussions so it's fine.
I can live without the conversations, and i do tell Luke But sometimes when I talk about books, or how proud I am for shaving he just nods not really understanding the effort I go through. Or when i've worn black nail polish three times in a row and want to switch it up so ask for colour recommendations, he just says black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
Those sort of chats are fun, as is talking about our relationships and things. Also when i need to go shopping its best I ask my friends.

I was so tired last night, was in bed by 10.
I don't do shopping.

Quote:
I think the only 'girly' subjects I like to discuss are comparing children type conversations which I have something to contribute to. Talking about painting nails would bore me to tears. I'm really not a girly person though, I HATE clothes shopping for example.

I've avoided going to spas with my friends as I really don't enjoy that kind of thing.

There are advantages of having a more male-like brain, though. I'm much better at navigating than my friends!
The only thing I am girly about is my nails. I don't know what you call it, but i've got a fear? of nails. if that makes sense. If i can see nails, I cringe and feel sick. I cut mine and paint them every 2-3 days. That's why I'm so girly on nails.

My male brain just tells me to sit with my legs open, not wear dresses/skirts or make-up, pass gas whenever i like and understand male banta. Luke's friend was shocked when I joined in on their discussion of sex and farts. He just told Luke he'd got a "top lass." In my head I was thinking "top lad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KindKennen* (View Post)
Hello Meliana and Theresa Good to see both of you!!! Have either of you seen the British Show "White Princess" or the older first show "White Queen"???

I finished "White Princess" a little bit ago so my daughter asked if I wanted to begin "White Queen" and I said yes...so there you have it....
I'm so sad this show has finished. But you're meant to watch The White Queen first

Quote:

I still don't know what clothes suit me... I just wear baggy jumpers and jeans. I'm assuming it's about confidence? I don't have any. I wear aa dress and the whole day i feel uncomfortable or on edge.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

Jade, I realize "The White Queen" was made 3 years before the "White Princess" but "The White Princess" was airing now in the US so my daughter showed me that first. I am watching the first one "On Demand" The whole Season is on there. I am on episode 2 already and will see episode 3 in about 15 minutes!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd be confused who is who if i watched season 2 before 1. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

I am thoroughly enjoying it!!! I have the type of brain where at times, I can read 6 different books and keep all the stories people and names straight!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jade Hi! I hope you have such a fun time Friday! It sounds like it will be a fabulous time for you all. I know, not having feels like so much is missing!

Karen I'm glad you're enjoying your shows. I wouldn't know where to watch those 2 shows either.

Theresa good morning!

Leanne I hope you got some sleep. And I hope today is less crazy for you.

Mel I hope the morning goes well for you.

I don't do shopping either. I'm a t-shirts and comfortable clothes kind of girl. I just recently started painting my nails again, I got pastel pink, purple, and blue. Just in a pastel mood.

I'd love to have black nails, I'd never thought of it before. I used to do dark blue, and dark purple.

Kim
Old 06-27-2017, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I'm like that. i read three books at a time, because my attention span gets lost on one and i can't stop thinking about another one.

EDIT: Thank you, Kim I have black because it's like my soul No i'm joking... or am I?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think black is awesome.

I don't know why I went pastels this time.

Kim
Old 06-27-2017, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
Jade Hi! I hope you have such a fun time Friday! It sounds like it will be a fabulous time for you all. I know, not having feels like so much is missing!

Karen I'm glad you're enjoying your shows. I wouldn't know where to watch those 2 shows either.

Theresa good morning!

Leanne I hope you got some sleep. And I hope today is less crazy for you.

Mel I hope the morning goes well for you.

I don't do shopping either. I'm a t-shirts and comfortable clothes kind of girl. I just recently started painting my nails again, I got pastel pink, purple, and blue. Just in a pastel mood.

I'd love to have black nails, I'd never thought of it before. I used to do dark blue, and dark purple.
Hi Kim I haven't heard from you via snail mail since I sent you all the stickers. You mentioned a picture of you from 5 years ago you could send.

I do my shopping via catalogs and by phone with a debit card. I hate clothes shopping. I usually am casually dressed with fairly nice tops.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Karen We posted at the same time.

Mailing a card for you today actually! Wrote it yesterday.

I didn't find the picture again till after I got it sealed, but I will send it soon.

Kim
Old 06-27-2017, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

Looking forward to receiving the letter!!! And the picture whenever it arrives.

How is everyone else now???
Old 06-27-2017, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is hilarious, it sounds like at least most of us, hate clothes shopping. Glad I'm not alone.

I don't why but I don't like the feeling of nail vanish on my nails. I'll put it on, but then won't be able to stop myself from picking it all off again. I'm clearly the opposite to you, Jade! I really get what you're saying about confidence, though. I wore baggy tops and hid behind my long hair when I was in my early twenties. A pure lack of self-confidence. Now however, when I'm not as youthful as I once was, I've got so much more self-confidence, and don't really care what people think of the way I look or dress, I feel able to pick stuff that suits my body-shape much more easily.

Great to see you Kim! I hope you had a good day yesterday.

Hi there, Karen. I'm thinking I should send you a card! (When I get around to it.)
Old 06-27-2017, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm taking the day for a "me" day.

Doing nothing responsible, coloring, writing in my journal, maybe reading.

I'm happy to see you, too, Mel! I had a good day, and I hope you did, too.

What's everyone up to today?

Kim
Old 06-27-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds good.

I'm relaxing myself today. Although I'm thinking I'll have to cook dinner this afternoon, as I'm taking my son to a hospital appointment this afternoon, and I don't know how long that will take.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread