Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

What Evanescence song are you? "Surrender" your past!

Also, explain why! What do you think makes you the song!

I think I'm a conglomerate of many of their songs so I'll start with the "now" and work my way back. For me, in some ways, it's "Field of Innocence" because many who are my age have lost their "feeling" of what it's like to be younger; they get "caught up" in the importance of being adults - Fathers, Mothers, providers - and lose their hearts, struggle to exist in what others call the "real world" and if they succumb it is an "uneven trade"; they have given up for fear of being ridiculed by their peers. For me, "I still remember" and will until my body sheds this life. I choose not to deny my "child", that person I was with "the sun always warm on my back". We live through childhood to learn and mature, but not to abandon the experience when we come of age....I believe it has helped me to be a better parent; to understand better what my kids are going through because I have been there..."believing in everything".

Last edited by AncientGoth; 02-21-2009 at 04:59 AM
Old 02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow, that was really interesting

For me, right now, ... Id have to say I'm sort of like "Imaginary" I suppose, Im living in what many would consider as "the nightmare" though instead of letting it get to me I try to build my own world to escape, Imaginary for me is about ignoring the so-called monsters and staying within that place of paper flowers, and thats what Im trying to do, lately I havent been working too well at it but Im still trying.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 02-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Wednesday (View Post)
Oh wow, that was really interesting

For me, right now, ... Id have to say I'm sort of like "Imaginary" I suppose, Im living in what many would consider as "the nightmare" though instead of letting it get to me I try to build my own world to escape, Imaginary for me is about ignoring the so-called monsters and staying within that place of paper flowers, and thats what Im trying to do, lately I havent been working too well at it but Im still trying.
Guess "Imaginary" is where you should be what with your government messing with your internet, isn't it?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and even before that, when we lived in England, the books and movies, the 'imaginary' world was where I confided in since I didnt have that many friends, so its like a constant soundtrack to my life.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

So much of my post adolescent life would have been "Hello" , "Like You" and "Even in Death" at the loss of my Dad after a long, painful illness...but I seem to have been destined to experience dying first hand as I was the only one present at his passing and also my Mothers death and, come to think of it, I was at the bedside of my Aunt Tina, who helped raise me and was a great mother figure when I was 9 so, death seems to be a major part of my resume'. If thestrels were real, I would have been seeing them for a long time now!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow, that must have been very hard for you Larry I am very very glad to say I wont be seeing any thestrals and I really hope not to as well

Old 03-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
wow, that must have been very hard for you Larry I am very very glad to say I wont be seeing any thestrals and I really hope not to as well
At that moment in time it is always a difficult experience but that feels like a whole 'nother lifetime ago; I truly believe those experiences have made me stronger and more free to feel the pain of others...there is a purpose to our passing!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thats definately a good way to look at things, everything that goes on in our lives just makes us prepared for the future

Old 03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thats definately a good way to look at things, everything that goes on in our lives just makes us prepared for the future
Yeah, you know what the sages say -"Time Heals all Wounds" - load of bull if you ask me...I still feel my parents' deaths and lament them and I wouldn't have it any other way; it's that experience that opens my mind up to be able to listen and fall in love with the deep meanings of Evanescence songs. Maybe I should change my siggy to AncientEmo?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

AncientEmo sounds cool doesnt have the ring of AncientGoth though
Yeah I agree, Id never want to forget how it feels at horrible events, it helps to remember them every once in a while.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
AncientEmo sounds cool doesnt have the ring of AncientGoth though
Yeah I agree, Id never want to forget how it feels at horrible events, it helps to remember them every once in a while.
Seems to me it would be more harmful, pyschologically, to bury them.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I definately agree with that
We wouldnt be anywhere near who we are today if we didnt go through so much

Old 01-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

When I first discovered their music and hearing everything they did I was "Field of Innocence" always wondering what i would do today if I was in my teens(the sun always warm on my back) so to speak; thinking that today's youth have it much harder than i did which remains true but now, 4 years later I am "Give Unto Me" so much has fallen onto my shoulders and I feel the strain but I feel i can take it and must, for the sake of my family and friends and it can feel a bit daunting at times but its what comes around when you are here for nearly six decades
Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a quiz thread, so I steered clear

When I was younger, "Missing" was definitely the song that described how I felt. That's why it means so much to me. It's secretly (or , not so secret now ) one of my biggest fears. To have no one miss me if I died. This song will always bring tears to my eyes.

Nowadays, even though I mentioned before I didn't like this song, "Good Enough" rings true. It was how I felt when I first started dating my bf.

And "Give Unto Me" is also one that I feel, even after all these years of knowing Evanescence's music. I will always feel like I have to, or should shoulder the burden or problems for the ones I love. Sometimes I feel that's all I can do.