Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Letters to Evanescence - "I Want to Let it Go"

Please post here all correspondence, in the form of a letter, to Amy, Terry or any band member saying what you would like to say as if you were actually contacting them by mail. So I will begin:

Dear Amy,
I hope this letter finds you well and good. I am a singer and guitarist in an amateur band and have a suggestion for you to consider. I know from reading your interviews that the thing that scares you the most when you are on stage is when you are doing a duo with a solo singer outside of the band because the control of the outcome is not in your hands...as in "Bring Me To Life". Why not have a contest and the winner will get to sing the male lead, on stage with you, to "Bring Me To Life". Scary huh?Anyway, I only suggest this because it is a major fantasy of mine since I have memorized the male lead vocal for that tune and sing it with you, in absentia, all the time. Maybe it is too "carnival" 4 u but it would be dope for the winner.

Your friend from Ev Fan Forum,
AncientGoth

Last edited by AncientGoth; 02-20-2008 at 09:47 AM
Old 11-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Good idea for a thread

that would be amazing A-G, would be a great prize for someone....I'm going to have a think about what I would put in a letter as well.
Live. And Die. On This Day.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartSomething (View Post)
Good idea for a thread

that would be amazing A-G, would be a great prize for someone....I'm going to have a think about what I would put in a letter as well.
Wouldn't it be very cool if she replied~
Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Dear Amy,

I understand that you are planning to take a break from music for awhile. This is totally understandable, given all the things that have happened to you and the band in the last 18 months.
I hope the break is not too long . The Open Door was the best album of 2006 in my opinion and in many ways is better than Fallen. So I am looking forward to what you come up with next. In the meantime - I think an album of b-sides and rarities would be an awesome way of keeping interest going for Evanescence fans, so you may want to consider this. Re-recording a couple of the older songs might be an idea as well, but then again that wouldn't be a break then would it ?

Steve.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Dear Terry,
I am so glad to see you have recovered so well from your recent illness. It isn't fair that a person your age has such a catastrophe. I think you are a great guitarist and songwriter and I hope you come up with some good stuff for the next album, whenever that happens - I know you will! I have seen you and Amy doing interviews and know you are the type of person to let Amy do all the talking; she is so good at it! However, being a guitar player(and awful songwriter) myself I would appreciate to hear more about what it's like to come up with guitar licks and the process which you and Amy come up with songs, from your point of view as well. But, you know, no pressure man, keep on shreddin' and peace

Your brother axeman,
Larry
Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

^^ good one A-G, I agree it would be nice to hear more from him. Especially with everything thats happened.
I'm sure you're not an awful songwriter
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^^ good one A-G, I agree it would be nice to hear more from him. Especially with everything thats happened.
I'm sure you're not an awful songwriter
Well...I am a little better at pure poetry which is NOT lyrical. I have posted a few on EV threads, which is a great forum BTW, in the Paper Flowers thread under Ev Writers. You should post on Ev Threads it is very good. Also, we should start a poetry/lyric writing thread...usually tied to a theme like love , sex, anger, betrayal, etc.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Dear Ben,
I hope you are doing well with KC though I still can't believe that you really like that type of "pop". Maybe you can improve the output there. I am writing you to find out why you are so venomous toward Amy nowadays. Having read some news that you have mocked your previous relationship,which, to this untrained eye, was very positive and productive. How far have you and Amy Fallen? Well, anyway, that music you guys wrote together was really good and, if Amy could be persuaded, I think the world would love to hear another Lee/Moody effort. Maybe use your mutual venom to write some very wrenching stuff, is that possible i wonder? Anyhow, looking forward to your future success and Ev's.

Your fan in music, Larry(aka AncientGoth)
Old 11-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

^^ thats a good idea

Although I'm sure you'll agree with me A-G, there's not much chance of that happening
Old 11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^^ thats a good idea

Although I'm sure you'll agree with me A-G, there's not much chance of that happening
Oh yes there is...an iceberg's chance in hell!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

Dear Amy, I hope this letter finds you well; hope married life agrees with you. Anyway, you may not know it but i love to sing your songs on YouTube with my acoustic guitar and have gotten some nice comments on it. The latest comment i received was from a very nice friend of your Dad's named Steve who caught me covering Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin and went on my channel and saw all of my Evanescence covers. When i went into his channel i saw he was part of a bluegrass/country rock band and, you guessed it, your Dad was playing the banjo and singing. Now I see where you got your incredible voice from and the resemblance there is also evident! I never knew your dad was a DJ - he plays a lot of the Rock I grew up with on his station in Little Rock. I know you have outgrown your roots but for an old New Yorker like me, it's fun to explore the past of someone you admire; hope you don't mind. Be well Amy!

Your loyal fan, Larry (AncientGoth on Fan Forum)

Last edited by AncientGoth; 02-20-2008 at 09:49 AM
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thats a good one Larry!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottyaboutharry (View Post)
Thats a good one Larry!
And...it's all true!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Dear Amy and Terry, I hope everything is cool with you guys! Just thought I'd drop a note to see how you guys are doing. You know we are all wondering if you are just chilling or have started any new writing yet - guess you might want to keep that under wraps but you have a lot of anxiety ridden fans out here waiting for the next shoe to drop. hey, Amy, how do you like living in my home town? Great, isn't it? Manhattan is a 24/7 place for sure; a good place to get musical inspiration. Just wondering, Terry, if you have fully recovered from the stroke; I pray that you are - please chill the head banging dude, we want you around for awhile! Anyway, your fans out here are scrambling for music that's worthwhile listening to, any suggestions? Listened to your buddies "Bayside" on TR L - not bad but...not you, ha, ha! Well, luck in everyrthing - relationships, fun and harp playing! Be well and hope you come back soon!

Larry (aka AncientGoth on FF and EvThreads)

Last edited by AncientGoth; 09-11-2008 at 11:11 PM
Old 01-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dear Amy

Where are you?
Need album...
Neeeeeeeed album
Please, please tell me you're writing again
We cant seem to take the wait any longer, just look at what it has done to my letter writing skills!

Thank you
Hope to hear (from) you soon.
Sheida

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]