Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are a lot of shows that kept momentum after the forth or fifth season but the actors that stayed with those shows kind of suffered from it. I mean, they didn't really suffered because obviously they made a lot of money but in terms of their career as actors they definitely had to struggle so that people will separate them from the iconic character they played and accept them in a new rule.

A good example to such actor is Matthew Perry, a real talented actor that most people will mostly remember as "Chandler" and will have troubles seeing him in other movies/tv shows as someone different from Chandler.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
A good example to such actor is Matthew Perry, a real talented actor that most people will mostly remember as "Chandler" and will have troubles seeing him in other movies/tv shows as someone different from Chandler.
I get what you mean
Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is why I'm glad The OC didn't last for THAT long. look at OTH, every year they stay on the air the become worst and worst.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion... They carried us away in captivity requiring of us a song... Now how shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

The Buffy example I wouldn't know, I never watched that show. As far as OTH. I am a huge fan of that show, but I don't think the show was nearly as good when it ended as it was when it started.

I get what you are saying Michal . It sucks because those actors will constantly be seen as that character they played. I think its stupid.

But for me, almost any show that I watched never ended as well as it started. I think Boy Meets World is the only show I thought was awesome until the very end

Ok thats enough OT for me

Rest now, Bowie
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Guys

Quote:
Boy Meets World
It was so funny
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A great Cohens moment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaHP88 (View Post)
The Buffy example I wouldn't know, I never watched that show. As far as OTH. I am a huge fan of that show, but I don't think the show was nearly as good when it ended as it was when it started.

I get what you are saying Michal . It sucks because those actors will constantly be seen as that character they played. I think its stupid.
Wow, another person that didn't watch Buffy? I thought I was the only one! and I didn't know OTH finally ended lol. When was the last episode?

I know, it is stupid really. But I guess people just get attached if you play a character for too long
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Michal- (View Post)
Wow, another person that didn't watch Buffy? I thought I was the only one!
Nope not the only one! People usually gasp when I tell them I didn't watch it especially since I love David Boreanaz. Oh well

Quote:
and I didn't know OTH finally ended lol. When was the last episode?
The series finale was on April 4th. 9 long seasons... its over.

Quote:
I know, it is stupid really. But I guess people just get attached if you play a character for too long
Yupp... Ben only did 4 seasons and is still known as that kid from the O.C.

Rest now, Bowie
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The series finale was on April 4th. 9 long seasons... its over.
Oh, so that was two weeks ago? I had no idea! Was CMM and that blond chic in the season finale?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, so that was two weeks ago? I had no idea! Was CMM and that blond chic in the season finale?

Nope! Lucas (CMM) did come back for ONE episode in season 9, but not for the finale. And Hilarie (Peyton) hasn't been on the show in like two seaons. They had them move away after their child was born.

Thats like not having Ryan and (I was going to say Marissa but, ummm yeah..) Taylor in the season finale. It was crap.

Rest now, Bowie
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Yupp... Ben only did 4 seasons and is still known as that kid from the O.C.
Yeah, but the OC had long seasons, nearly 100 episodes. Imagine 100 Episodes from Southland....
Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kinda hoped that we atleast got 100 epis on the OC...
Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cute picture I found:

Quote:

Thats like not having Ryan and (I was going to say Marissa but, ummm yeah..) Taylor in the season finale. It was crap.
See, this is why I'm glad they didn't last as long as OTH.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww
Old 04-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben's hair is so horrible there
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

heeeee
Closed Thread   Post New Thread