Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

X-Files Off Topic #74: your daily quarantine party here!

Old 04-13-2020, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia, my apartment is set up where I can’t even rearrange furniture, it’s all built for where a tv has to plug in and stuff. All my furniture did fit perfectly but there is no way to rearrange it!

I braved a grocery shop trip and way overspent on food and items! hopefully I eat all this food!

But I have to go to work with 12 people in the same room tomorrow and staff room access is off limits so I have to bring my own lunch that I can’t microwave so it has to be cold stuff.

I still don’t like that I’m expected to go to work with others in the same as me and essential workers kids but I’ll check out how they enact the “safety” in there. I’m overall glad I get to go to work and get out of the apartment daily again!

I was so energetic, I’m gonna relax now, my body has these weird tingles that feel nice in my spine, arms and legs now.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it goes well for you, Leanne.

How was food shopping?

Yes Theresa, and they are really strict about the one way policy. You have walk up and down all the aisles, you can't skip any and go where you want to directly. They are threatening to throw people out who don't comply.

We locked down at about the same time as you, Kia. But even before the lockdown, only people admitted to hospital with symptoms were being tested, and the advice was to self-isolate at home if anyone in the household had symptoms. The process of finding contacts of infected people has been completely dropped.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia you asked me about if I can walk to the seafront - yes as long as you are not in big groups and are actually exercising. I don't do it anyway just as they are policing it pretty strict, my colleagues were even stopped going to work (to and from).

Jon dropped off my favorite crisps on my porch today and we had a quick chat, at a safe distance So nice to see him briefly

We need to do another food shop, ran out of milk today. Thanks for the new thread!
Old 04-14-2020, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Hope everyoen is doing well
Old 04-14-2020, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi everyone! I treated and cut my lawn yesterday. I'm hoping the damage caused in the winter will be fixed by this.

My co-mod on Sci-fi/fantasy has left. This is the first time I've had to moderate on my own...

I'm continuing to exercise. I feel like I'm getting fitter. My husband says I'm getting pale from all the time indoors though.

I guess the strict policing is due to people visiting the town to got to the beach, Theresa. It's a shame it affects local people so much. Around here I haven't seen the police at all, but then most people are adhering to the rules...

^Fine thanks. How are you doing?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm feeling so frustrated with working on site right now. First, the question of why I need to be on site in a room with 12 other people when I could do what I'm doing at home which is safer. And second, at this site, its FREEZING, like my teeth almost chatter so I asked if we can contact the district cause we can't change the temperature here and she just indicated since there are no students they probably turned the heat off so I guess staff here are just supposed to work without heat???

Anyway, I have to shake my head so I don't freak out

Awww, sorry to hear your moderator partner is gone, Claire, its pretty hard to be a solo moderator when there isn't much posters! You just have to do what you can, but if no one responds to you, you shouldn't stress, just allow the situation to go where it will.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Leanne. The idea was stressing me out a bit today...

Sorry to hear it's so cold. I hope it won't stress you out too much though.

I feel happy because a lot of the seeds I planted are starting to grow now.

I felt like making carrot cake today, so I popped out for carrots, and the cake came out really well! A major achievement for me as I have ruined so many cakes in the past. Fortunately I read a book about how to mix them and I know what to do now!
Old 04-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I decided now that if no one responds and we don't get enough posts per day, its not really my problem, its just whatever happens, if people care about the board they will post and keep it going.

That's cool, you are seeing the seeds sprout now

Congratulations of the carrot cake Do you make cream cheese frosting for it too?
Old 04-15-2020, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just did ordinary icing for the cake.

That seems like a great attitude, Leanne! I do love the board so I do hope people continue to post.

I've never done so much gardening and it's only spring!
Old 04-16-2020, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys Woooork

Just wanted to say hi and see if everyone is doing alright which seems to be the case

Leanne, they have to turn on the heat! Are they insane?

Claire, yes, the lockdowns were not far apart, about 10 days, I think. It seems that made quite a difference in infection numbers though. To be honest, I think they weren't really taking the virus seriously here even when Italy already signaled it was getting bad. (I actually didn't take it seriously either back then - you know, unlike Trump, who knew it was a pandemic before anyone else called it a pandemic ) They were just lucky that some of the federal states panicked and then everyone else felt obliged to close the schools as well because no one wanted to be at fault if things went sideways. I am impressed with how they have been managing the crisis since then (and it feels good having a scientist as head of state) but the relatively early lockdown feels like pure luck.
I am really worried about how we are all getting out of this again without infections going up too much.
They are opening smaller shops again here, as long as they can make sure safety standards are met. What is really going to be tricky is opening schools again...
They will start with the older ones at the beginning of May because they think they will be able to follow the rules.

What's going on in your countries guys? Any talk about losening lockdown rules?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-16-2020, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No chance of coming out of lockdown here for at least another three weeks. There's no point until there's more testing and contact tracing though. The latest scientific evidence on schools opening is that schools only contribute 2-4% of virus transmission, so they could reopen at some point. Still they are saying that whatever happens strict social distancing, and sheltering the vulnerable will have to continue until there is a vaccine. It is a worry to be sure, but Sweden have avoided a shutdown of the economy.
The purpose of a lockdown is to slow transmission, not to stop it completely, to try and avoid a second wave of the virus. But I do wonder how long we can sustain the drag on the economy.

Trump is so like a toddler, I bet his mother let him get away with anything. He didn't listen to the WHO which is apparently their fault.

It sounds like you got lucky there, Kia. I'm glad they are feeling able to relax restrictions slightly.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys

I have got work tomorrow. Had a quick chat with my team about what we've got planned, with the curriculum. We've had to adapt it alot. We'll play it by ear, we can't really do too much, plus I'm only in on Fridays so it does depend what the other staff do with it.

Seems like they want to open schools again, but its hard to social distance with kids who just don't get it. I'd rather it go back to normal when we know everything is good again

I'm glad its relaxing a bit Kia, but I expect you have been under lockdown longer.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everything being good could be a long time unfortunately...

The post is so slow right now. We've been waiting for so many things to come in the post. I'm starting to plan to post things a week before I want them to arrive.

Been playing the new Final Fantasy VII remake game. I loved the original. So addictive, though!
I need to collect a prescription, but I might put it off it's so slow and difficult to get into the chemist these days.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I know...I got very emotional with Jon yesterday. Its just a hard situation, I wish I could help him more All we can do is be positive.

The kids were tricky today. When they have been at school with other staff they have just been playing and today we attempted a actual routine and lessons today. It was tough but it will get better, they still need to be learning and not turn into lazy kids.