Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll post some pictures when I get back if you're interested Theresa.

Just about Kim. The car is all packed, my nieces are in bed, (but keep getting up again), and we're all ready to tidy up and go in the morning!

That is seriously crazy, Kim. I can't believe how difficult this is being.

They have shaded the place and have fans yes, Leanne. To be fair there's not a lot for her to do in there, apart from jump up to her water and bed. After tomorrow the temperature will drop again so it will improve whilst she's there. The lady will make sure she has plenty of water.

Wow that's really hot! Here the car was saying 34C. It's supposed to be worse tomorrow though.

ETA: Goodbye everyone! I hope you all have a good time whilst I'm on holiday.

Last edited by Meliana; 07-26-2018 at 01:45 PM
Old 07-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have a great holiday, Claire! Enjoy the Netherlands! Miss you! Have a good time

I went and got Japanese sushi and beef udon soup, not to eat all at once though
Old 07-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire! I'm sorry I missed you! Maybe you'll check in before you leave in the morning. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, and that maybe you'll get to check in once in a while and let us know how much fun you're having. I can't wait to see pictures!!

Don't worry-they will take wonderful care of Ebony. People who work in pet care places like that-well, they tend to take better care of animals than they do other people. Trust me, I know, from experience.

Leanne Hi! Whew, I think having my Dr's visit out of the way, I feel so relieved to have it just over with, I finally slept well, even if it was all evening and night.

I have to wear socks and shoes-all the time, even inside, being diabetic, walking barefoot is a huge nono. I hope your foot is feeling better this evening, and that you got to do some more swimming. Yay on getting Japanese food, for you.

The call to soc. sec. went well. At least I have a proper extension, so I can reach the same person, when I have to call back AGAIN tomorrow, if my paperwork doesn't get here. Have I mentioned this is the worst time I've had, having to do this? He told me because I've been consistently in touch, they won't stop my disability payments. Do I believe them? I'm not sure. I guess time will tell, but it gives me 1000 more reasons to be anxious, and to never trust this process.

Kim
Old 07-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

glad to see you here, Kimmie! it feels like a slow quiet summer when you’re sleeping so much!

Wow, I can’t believe how drawn out your paperwork stuff is Taking! They need to give more time if they are this slow and inept after you sent the mail so long ago already!

Yeah, my moms cousin has diabetes and she can’t go barefoot cause she wouldn’t feel it if she stepped on something that could break skin and cause infection. Do you have numb feet?

Did you see the doctor about low sugar, etc?

Today’s been my laziest day of the week so far!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I know. Yesterday ff was a and a page just came up over and over with some blue character, saying "Try again". I finally gave up. I had that problem with facebook today, so, clearly it's my internet, and not FF this time.

I don't mind the work I'm putting in to get my disability continued, as much as I'm terrified that they're going to cancel it anyway, and then I have to appeal in court, with a lawyer, in a city over an hour away. It's all up the them.

No, I don't have numb feet.

Yes, my Dr's appointment was today. He took me off the pill that I take along with my insulin, so that should help. He also did an EKG because of my chest pains. It was fine, and when he listened to my heart, it was fine. He thinks (like I had started to think) it was panic attacks-where people panic, then they also feel like they're having a heart attack. But, either way, my heart is fine.

I'm glad you had a lazy day! That's what summer is for.

Have you put in any of your DVD's? I've been looking at all of mine, and suddenly I can't find a single one that interests me enough to put in. You hooked up your PS4 though, to watch though, right? Anything in mind to watch?

Kim
Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s frustrating to just be not able to get on to where you want to be!

I’m watching some boring movie via Superchannel, about a teen finding out a family secret, I think it’s a VC Andrews storyline

Yeah I have a whole bin full of my TV on DVDs but haven’t pulled it out. The only DVD I’ve thought of watching is that horror movie called “The Orphanage”. It’s from Spain. I’d also like to rewatch “Duck Tales”! I know there is a new one that is getting good reviews but I have no way to check it out plus I’m kind of used to the original voices from the original series and not the new looks and voices of the re-make.

I’m glad it isn’t really anything wrong with your heart! I remember getting an EKG test too but not sure why, I think it was during diagnosis of high blood pressure.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG VC Andrews. I read every single one of her books, until shortly after she died, and she was truly crazy. I absolutely loved her books. There was nothing like them at a time. But, the movies were awful (the ones I saw anyway). I hope it at least amuses you a little.

I'm watching Spongebob, but considering putting on Buffy, Angel...or who knows what.

Ah, you feel the way about the original Duck Tales, that I do about the Winnie the Pooh half hour shows. Re-watch them! I promise you, you'll be glad you did. You know you will.

Yeah, the first EKG I had was when my BP was 190 over 110, because they hadn't prescribed enough BP medicine when I was diagnosed. I almost fainted, or I wouldn't have even known it was up. I'm glad to know my heart is okay, too. Nothing you can do really about panic attacks though, except take a stronger anxiety pill than normal, which he prescribed for when I have them.

Yeah, see, I still can't figure out why it takes me so many words to say what I want to say.

Completely OT, but my cuticles, and all around the side edges of my nails are itching. It's driving me insane. Wondering if it's cause I use anti-bacterial gel so much now.

Kim
Old 07-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha, I haven’t read her books, except the classic “Flowers in the Attic” cause my cousin was reading it and I wanted to know what she liked to read I got bored with that movie, now I’m watching “The Fly” with Geena David and Jeff Goldblum. time for gore and tragedy! It’s a very sad ending, even for a horror . An old friend of mine once said she found Jeff attractive and I have to agree he’s kind of attractive in an unconventional way! his character in the Fly acts the same as the character from Jurassic Park! I wonder if he just sort of plays himself

Yeah, with the old Winnie the Pooh, I’m used to the voice of Sterling Holloway as Pooh. And in Duck Tales I’m attached to the voice of Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck. I liked the Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics which the cartoon show seemed based on, it was a cartoon but it had intelligent storylines of adventure and had humour even an adult could enjoy and a really good music soundtrack!

I never heard of itchy cuticles before. Maybe it is the gel cause it sounds medical.
I’m obsessive about trimming my cuticles so they rarely bug me until I need to trim them again haha
Old 07-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you read the rest of the Flowers In the Attic series? Just not the original book? It was by far my favorite of hers. The Fly. I must not have paid close attention to it, and it's been forever since I've seen it, so I'll trust you that the ending was sad.

Oh I've loved Jeff since...well, I guess Independence Day? Or, maybe something else? I haven't seen the Jurrassic movies, but I also loved him on Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I don't remember what I've seen him in.

okay, you know I wouldn't have a clue who did any voices, of any show/character. It's cool you know, and can appreciate them. I think most of Disney is like that-made for children as well as adults. I think they always knew adults would be taking the children to the movies, or turning the show on, on TV, so they planned it that way.

It's the weirdest itchy feeling. It may just be using too much of the gel, and the antibacterial soaps from Bed and Bath. It mostly drives me crazy when I am trying to sleep and they tickle.

I don't do anything with my cuticles. I never have. Seems too much like an effort for me. I'm just that lazy.

Kim
Old 07-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, I wouldn’t expect most people to really care about cuticles. I just used to do good manicures on myself and just think my nails looks longer if I push and trim the cuticles. . I heard it’s better not to use anti-bacterial soaps cause it lessens immunity to bacteria? Or antibiotics?

Geena Davis is tall, like 6 feet tall!

You need to watch the original Jurassic Park movie, his character is funny in it! Plus it’s just a fun movie to watch!

My oddball interest when I was about 11-12 was figuring out which voice actors did what cartoon characters just from hearing their voices and reading the cast lists in the end credits. (Aspie or what ). Now to this day, I can tell when I hear a voice on tv as the same voice from some other commercial and such! Now you can just find out the actors characters from the internet. It was a hobby of mine to figure it out by ear pre-internet

I never read the sequels of Flowers in the Attic. The first one was twisted enough!
Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess cause my nails almost always grow long, I don't really notice my cuticles. That may be the difference. When I had acrylic nails, they always pushed them back though. I miss those.

That is AWESOME! How cool is that, that you recognize voices that way, and still remember and recognize who does and did them. I'm impressed. That has to be fun for you, and had to be fun then.

The thing that threw me off about her series, including Flowers, was that the prequels came out after the entire series, but she had them written before hand. It all confused me at the time. There was the 2nd series (can't remember which now) that I loved more.

Are you still watching the movie? I have You Tube on at the moment. Mostly 80's and 90's songs I have on my favorites list. I'm so glad you mentioned being signed up for You Tube.

I really need to get into this closet and go through stuff, at night, while my brother is up. I want to get rid of Bunnykins (a stuffed bunny that has been through hell with me) because he's in too bad of shape to give away. My mom gave him to me, and I don't want him, because of that. But I feel horribly guilty about putting him in the trash after decades. Plus, I have to find an animal to put in there with him, so he won't get lonely. Yes, that's how messed up my head is.

Kim
Old 07-26-2018, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is a part in The Fly where Jeff’s character is meshed with the fly that he feels energetic, super powerful and energetic and good mood and bright fast mind and it makes me remember how I felt on prednisone the only time in my life, I felt clear headed, sharp, up mood and energy to run around the block as soon as I woke up! Of course, it all goes downhill from there!

Yeah I’m still watching it cause this is where he figures out he’s half fly and starts turning into a fly, ew!

Yeah it’s cool when you have a YouTube account to make playlists and that can be of music!

Yeah it’s hard to get rid of certain stuffed animals they seem to have feelings cause they look cute and resemble animals! I saved some of mine, but then I took a photo of them instead and got rid of them at some point. The ones I had hardest time to get rid of was those Pound Puppies cause they had sad eyes and were so cute your Bunnykins fulfilled the measure of its creation and role. Remember the Velveteen rabbit story... it’s become real, if you let it go now it might become a real rabbit somewhere!
Old 07-26-2018, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah! I remember that part. I think I remember things when people mentions specific parts sometimes. Yeah, steroids never had the effect on me. I was on them twice for my back. I'm glad you weren't on them long.

Okay, having a complete panic, and guilt, attack about getting rid of Bunnykins. It's been 30 years, and, it's not his fault mom gave him to me. Yes, I am seriously having a serious discussion about my stuffed bunny. He endured, and helped me through, much trauma, so he stays. Aw, I had a pound puppy. And I gave one to my old best friend, David. Yep, as a cool of a surfer guy as he was, he always kept it out on his dresser.

I think things just matter to me because they're all I've been able to count on in my life (aside from my grandparents) so that's why I'm so attached to things. Wow, that was a deep thought.

You don't have a single stuffed animal any more?

Anything good to eat tonight? I just had another Little Debbie Ho-ho. I had frozen cheddar bakes potatoes earlier. I think it was the first sort of meal I'd eaten in over a week. Anxiety does that to me.

Kim
Old 07-26-2018, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww well then don’t get rid of him, obviously he or she means something to you in life so just keep him! I think I have my first doll I had when I was a baby. I also have a squeaky toy. Which still squeaks when my nieces and nephews used it as babies too! Talk about long lasting toys made back then!

I don’t have any remaining stuffed animals though, I have a strawberry shortcake doll in my closet!

What did I have for dinner.l. I had the sushi roll. I still have some beef udon noodle soup for tomorrow’s lunch! girl, you need to eat more! I have some Cheetos I can snack on if I can after this movie,

He’s jusr transformed into full out fly. It’s so sad at the end cause he comes out mangled and guides his girlfriend to shoot him in the head to end his misery and it ends with her crying over his fly corpse!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dp

Kim