Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No way I'd be willing to live a handsmaid tale, I'd rather die first.

With me towards co-worker? I think she's nice and does a good job with redisigning the library, except for one thing she showed me right before I left.. she found black and white posters from around 1984 that she wants to hang up in the room and I flat out said "wouldn't that date this library back about 30 years? Cause the kids today in 2018 probably don't even know these people like Jim Henson etc"

I don't feel the same as she does about me. Her habits get on my nerves sometimes and I don't always want gifts and items or even food every time I come to work

Time to drive home now!
Old 06-27-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just can't take any more. If he gets away with this, it will be an all Conservative Supreme court, for DECADES. We will be back to living in the 1950's. No rights for anyone, unless you're an old white male, who wants to hold everyone else down.

It's good you won't be working with her, cause you accepting those gifts gives her the wrong impression, so, you won't have to worry about that now.

It's called retro, or throwback, Leanne. Kids are fascinated by things like that. It's how everything old becomes new again. That's the entire point of putting things like that up-to teach children, and make them curious, about the past. You know-like you with Judy Garland, or any interest, at all, that you have with anything from the past.

Hope you get home soon.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-27-2018 at 04:34 PM
Old 06-27-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t know what the latest news story is though that you’re referring to. But if it’s not one thing, it’s another in your government!

It’s not a guarantee I’m leaving that school yet. I have to go see the school and decide if it’s worth the different driving route which means more driving miles per week again. But what made me decide to go for it is cause my co-worker put blue lighting filters in this room and I still don’t like the blue colour cast plus I’d like to work in a place with windows. But I haven’t been offered that job, and also am I supposed to be rude and say no thanks.. they usually aren’t objects she’s giving me, mostly food. But it just seems more polite to say thanks and accept. Besides it’s not like I’m gonna be hanging with her outside of work.

I’m home now! Did you have a nice rest?
Old 06-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you around anywhere? Still internet reception issues tonight. I know they're doing the best they can, but still.

I wasn't saying you were doing anything wrong, at all, by accepting stuff from her-I was talking about her expecting things in return, and that would be wrong of her. You don't give gifts expecting something in return-and I am hoping that she wasn't doing that.

How are you tonight? What are you up to? Watching?

I know it's close to bed time for you. I hope I didn't miss you.

When will you go see that school and decide if it's worth it for you?

Kim
Old 06-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi,I’m soon going to bed. I missed you after work, this evening,

I get so confused how I read what people write on here. Anyway, yeah, she doesn’t seem to expect anything and when I try to do things like shelve she doesn’t want me to do what she does. It’s just weird when someone seems to think I’m just the bees knees

I watched a YouTube uploaded movie made for tv from 1991 called The Haunted, then I wanted to watch a 1972 suspense movie starring Elizabeth Montgomery called “The Victim” but I’m too tired tonight to watch a second movie.

I also finished Bones! I didn’t know there were only 12 episodes of the last season but I should have clued in when they destroyed the set and everyone was finding old nostalgic memories! Can’t believe I’m done after like 10 months of watching the whole series!

I’ll go visit the school if I get contacted to meet with the principal probably next week when work is technically over.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed you, too, and our nightly chat sessions.

In my opinion, you are the bees knees. I think I don't explain myself well, until someone questions what I said, so I don't think it's you having trouble reading.

Is it the whole movie, The Haunted? I'm glad you enjoyed the one you watched.

I've got Angel on, on Hulu now. Having the internet, I'm taking full advantage of everything.

I can't believe you finished Bones! That's a long time for the investment, and I know you really enjoyed it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, that it will work out the way you want it to.

I should let you get to bed. Tomorrow is your last day!

Have a really good night's sleep, and I will see you tomorrow. WOW I can't believe it will be summer break for you. Anyway, love and hugs, and I'll see you tomorrow.

I'm going to post around a bit, and then maybe color.

Kim
Old 06-27-2018, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Morning. I've managed to get to season 4 of Lost. I'm getting through it fast.

Good night Leanne.

Hi Kim.

I'm going to catch up on your posts now....
Old 06-27-2018, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, well thanks for thinking that

Yeahs there is a user on YouTube called “tvfanatic” and they uploaded whole made for TV movies from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s so it’s fun to see them again. I watched one called “Summer Girl” from 1983, that I used to watch so many times when I was about 10 about a babysitter that tries to usurp this woman’s family life and her husband cause she’s psycho.

Anyways, reviews on The Victim sound good so I want to save it when I can actually focus on it when more awake!

Yeah, I didn’t expect me watching the final episode of Bones to be like “huh? Wait a minute, that was the last episode?” what a run with the tv character most like me in personality quirks and traits!

Yeah, I end at 2:30 pm tomorrow. And then I’m gonna be free (except for the wedding and potentially visiting the school for new position!)

See you tomorrow, I hope you get to colour and have some fun with it!

Goodnight

Good morning, Claire and Kia!
Old 06-27-2018, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Goodnight Leanne.

I'm sorry about how things are going in your country, Kim. Corruption is taking over.

Well done Leanne. I didn't get that far with Bones.

I agree that things from the past aren't necessarily bad.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, thanks for letting me know movies in full are there.

Wow, and early day on top of that. I hope you don't get summer time off shock.

Hi Claire. Yeah, he wants to put in a Supreme Court Justice (conservative, of course-who want to overturn Roe vs. Wade) that will be there for 40-45 years.

I love things from the past. It's how I learned about the 60's, and how much went on then.

Okay, I'm going to finish off posting on EL&I and then head off to color, or to bed. I got a lot done today, so almost everything I own is organized, and put away.

Claire, have a great day. I'm impressed you got to season 4 of Lost.

I'm anxiously awaiting seasons 1 & 2 of Lucifer to get on Netflix, so I can see them.

Kim
Old 06-28-2018, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting. Your system seems very open to corruption. For over ten years now, all judges here are appointed by an independent Judicial Appointments Commission, and are supposed to reflect the society they represent. Having a politician in control seems very wrong to me.

Lucifer is not on Netflix here.

I hope you sleep ok.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's truly wrong, and will take decades to correct, as they can't be undone, or changed. Unless potus is found guilty of treason.

Will Lucifer season 4 come on Netflix there? That seems wrong that they wouldn't have it available there, too.

Kim
Old 06-28-2018, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we should get season 4, yes. Seasons 1-3 are only on Amazon, though.

So once appointed they can't be unappointed? That seems a strange situation. Are there no laws against corruption over there?
Old 06-28-2018, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys
Sorry, I'm not around a lot... so sleepy all the time... meds and hot weather
The US justice system with the judges being appointed like that (and also the whole case law system if you ask me) is very problematic
But what can be said is that very often highly conservative justices turn rather liberal with old age. There is always hope

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, goes to show no one can think their country or government is so liberal that they will be safe from corruption someday. There are phases in history where you get corrupt leaders, then leaders that fix things and it just goes back and forth. You just got to be careful about actualy falling civilizations like ancient Egypt and Rome which seemed so progressive at the high points but then eventually just failed! Bet those citizens couldn't beleive it looking back!!

Sorry you're hot and sleepy, Kia!! I can see the point there though!! Do you guys have air conditioning in your city or not really?

Hi Claire, how was your day?

Kim, did you get to enjoy any coloring?

Last day here!! I'm trying to focus on that, rather than what I was doing a year ago.

I want ramen at 9 am, haha But I'm worried it will make my stomach not feel good early in the day!

Also there is a pub gathering for the staff at 3 pm and I'm debating to go or not.