Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did the usual singing with the kids, Leanne. They love doing the actions!

Today has been quite a good day though, I've done a load of tasks I needed to do and booked the doctor appointment.

Very hot today. My son is at the tutors right now, and then I need to rush home, and then I can relax.

You often seem to have that problem, Leanne. I hope you find something to do.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You have to sing in front of a group of people? I'd be too shy to do that! By the way, do you sing well? I can't really, but I'd have a voice suited for alto, but I can't sing alto parts, cause my ears tune in to the main melodies of songs!

I thought the tutor visited your son at your home, but I guess its the other way around!

Actually, I remembered I can catalog some books and process them, although there is literally no space to trim laminated covers anywhere today! Could be better for that on Wed or Thursday when its not all set up like it is today with all tables covered up.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I sing with the parents and kids so it's not just me. I guess I'm quite good, I used to sing in a choir. I was an alto too.

As I've said before the tutor has an office near my parents in law and has computers in there for the session, so I have to drive him there each week.

Well I'm sure you'll work it out.

Last edited by Meliana; 06-26-2018 at 01:26 PM
Old 06-26-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They are already done and cleaning up so it looks like I'll have the afternoon clear! Whew!!

What are you gonna do tonight to relax? It seems like your the one holding down the fort for the week, eh?
Old 06-26-2018, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's good.

I went for a long run up the hill through the fields with my friend and her son. It's really very hot, but I feel better for it. It's so dry up there the ground is cracking open. I don't remember such a dry Spring before.

The tuition went well. He's still finding some things difficult when it come to reading comprehension and we have some spellings to practise. But he's enjoying it and it's going well. I also bought him a load of shorts to wear in this hot weather whilst I was waiting for the session to end.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you carry water with you when running when hot or a hat?

That reminds me, I better go looking for more shorts, preferably a pair of black ones, otherwise I'll be just wearing 2 pairs of shorts everyday for two months, cause once I end work, I really dress lightly during summer and my time off. No shoes, no socks, no pants unless its chilly and well, something else but I'll wear it if I go out in public Also could use some more tank tops in case its sweltering!

So glad your son is benefiting from the tutoring!

I just finally updated all that needed to be updated in this forum's directory! (that's what happens when there is only 3 days left for work, )

I am finding out my last day for work is really Thursday, not Friday!
Old 06-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a sun visor to shield my eyes but I took it off every so often, and yes I always carry water. I have a special belt which the bottles are carried in.

Yes when it's quiet at work you can do all those mod jobs.

Yes I hope it will help in the long term.

Why is it Thursday?
Old 06-26-2018, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So a day early!!! Very nice, Leanne

Glad you had the energy to go for a run today, Claire

ETA I'm an alto as well At the moment I'm with the sopranos because they needed people but I am more of an alto voice

avi by neel luvs tony

Last edited by kiamay; 06-26-2018 at 02:26 PM
Old 06-26-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, something about how teachers got an extra day off back in November for Remembrance day but not my union's members which are the support staff, so now we get to take the last day with pay, apparently cause my union said if teachers get a day off, the support staff should also have one. I didn't know any of this until Monday!

Hope you're having a decent day, Kia!!

I wonder if Kim will ever get her internet connection back!
Old 06-26-2018, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too...

And any reason to have another day off is a good one

I'm doing okay now. Had a horrible afternoon with my meds... I hope they'll soon find out what to give me. Couldn't use my arms for two solid hours. Scary, I can tell you.
I'm much better now and I had a nice BBQ with friends

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kia, that is scary when you can't do something and its a side effect of meds!! Meds can really suck sometimes! And especially when they don't know for sure if its the best accurate thing for you to take cause they can't actually diagnose yet!

Glad your arms are working again though. Yum, BBQ's!!

I kind of don't feel well, cause I had ramen and an energy drink. I guess my stomach doesn't like that combination too much!

I can't believe I really have only 2 days left of work I was all mentally prepared for working til Friday but I can have a day off to prep up for the wedding on Saturday!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yay, the wedding! And it's always good to have an extra day to relax before the festivities
Do you have anything planned? Mani? Pedi?

And I don't think there is any stomach that really enjoys ramen and energy drink! It sounds nice though

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be nice! But I wanted to get a pedicure at a luxury spa and I think I need to make an appointment more than a day ahead. Also I'd like to book a massage there too, like have a spa day!! That is, if I can phone the place with my cel phone that doesn't appear to want to turn on!

I do have to get a gift for the wedding, maybe some Euros money for their honeymoon trip to Italy!!!

Yeah, I want to go home and rest. And not eat again til actually legitimately hungry again!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think & hope I'm back.

Posting Advanced, so I can only get this page, not page one, so forgive me if I miss things.

Claire, thanks for the new thread. I'm glad you slept well, and the library went well. I'm glad your son's tutoring went well, and that you got a good run in.

Leanne! I'm excited you get done a day early, and will have early wedding prep time. Did you get their gift yet? Figure out what you're wearing. I hope you get some summer clothes.

Kia, that had to be so terrifying. My legs have done that, but I cannot even imagine your arms, and how scared you were, and all of the possibilities. I'm glad it got better, and you had a barbecue with friends.

Not much going on here. I slept all day. I've gotten really depressed being stuck virtually alone. Even FB has been hard loading.

I called the government today about my disability paperwork. They told me go ahead and complete the 2 pages they sent, and give them the contact information for Mission (who owns both hospitals, and my Dr's office), since they STILL haven't sent my medical files. So, that made me feel better. I don't have to panic when they don't show up.

So, that, and several storms, are all that I've been doing. Didn't color, watch TV, nothing.

Kim
Old 06-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed seeing you, Kim! That was so long! I can identify with the “alone” smilie! I really should have done some reading during the weekend, but I didn’t! I should have done some colouring too.

I still have to get some pantyhose for the wedding. I’m just gonna wear a skirt I have and a top I never wear but looks fancier than everyday clothes I wear.

I got a card but need to get the Euros at the money international exchange place still.

Why did your internet not work all that time? What the hell sort of storm was that to knock it’s out for that long?