Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I love Juliet.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fantastic episode. I just cant help but love juliet. I found myself during the episode saying " man I really like one of the others" and even if she could possibley be a spy in there camp I cant help but love her.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueschild007 (View Post)
Fantastic episode. I just cant help but love juliet. I found myself during the episode saying " man I really like one of the others" and even if she could possibley be a spy in there camp I cant help but love her.
Same here. But I'm strange. I like all the Others.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Elizabeth Mitchell meet Emmy, Emmy meet Elizabeth Mitchell

Evil or not Juliet owns me and apparently she owns the Losties too

Seriously loved Juliet calling Sayid and Sawyer on their hypocrisy.

I still have my doubts that Juliet is just a plant. Yes she's doing Ben's bidding but I still think she has her own agenda being with the Losties besides desperately wanting to get off the island. I do think she's developed a real soft spot for Jack and wouldn't wanna do anything to jeopardize that.

All in all it was a kick ass episode. Can't wait til next week.

Last edited by Kaleiokalani; 04-12-2007 at 01:14 AM
Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleiokalani (View Post)
Elizabeth Mitchell meet Emmy, Emmy meet Elizabeth Mitchell
Seriously, she acted her ass off in this episode. I'd be shocked if she doesn't get one!

This is why I love Juliet so much.You never know what she's up to. She really wants to get off that island so badly, that I don't blame her. I agree that even if she's following Ben's plan she probably has her own agenda.

After seeing that promo, I realise just how much I love Lost and can't wait till next week!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

I watched the episode again, does anyone else think Jack could be on in what's going on? One piece of dialogue stuck out in my mind:

Quote:
Juliet: "My people kept Sayid chained to a swingset for 3 days, then I dragged Kate to the jungle, handcuffed myself to her and lied about it...."
Jack looks at her not suprised but more like "yeah i'm not ok with that"
Juliet: "How much time do you think they need".
Jack: "Back to our beach in a couple of hours orso, probably be over with it by then"
They laugh.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Juliet's gonna end up dead if Sayid finds out what she's up to and I bet he does. He'll squash her like a bug.

GO MISSOURI TIGERS ! !
Old 04-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Great episode!

Elizabeth Mitchell really deserves an Emmy!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Elizabeth totally owned me last night!!! She was awesome, it was like you didn't expect what was coming with her story! Loved it last night and i totally got the brother/sister vibe from Jack and Claire. And of course the Skate reunion. Jack and Sawyer hugging, totally didn't see that coming!! But I loved it
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 04-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't know, Jen. I totally didn't catch that vibe from Jack and Claire. Anyways, evil or not Juliet is a fantastic character. I'm so happy that they've added her. Season 3 is enough to make me forget the yawn-fest that was all of Season 2.

Okay so ever since watching last night's episode I've been a little pre-occupied. Since the show revealed the problems island women were having with pregnancy and that the Others can cure cancer, it's lead me to ponder. So, I decided I'm going to pop over to The Hanso Foundation and check out the site, again for like the 50th time. The site still remains the same. It contains a statement from Alvar Hanso, the founder of the Hanso Foundation, which contains some interesting 'easter eggs.'

"The path of secrecy is a slippery slope. While necessity may dictate, at times, that we shade ourselves and our work from the all too often harsh light of inquiry, habitual secret-keeping can mire even the noblest intentions in shadow."

- Okay now. Path of secrecy, when Juliet was indoctrinated into the foundation, she was coerced into drinking a tranquilizer-laced orange juice. However, even before that, Alpret wouldn't let her drive into the complex. He told her that she had to say goodbye to her sister at the gates and that she was driven in by a company van, with tinted widows I may add. Then after she passes out from the tranquilizers she wakes up and she's strapped to a bed. She realizes that she's didn't arrive on a plane after all. They fooled her into thinking that she'd be flying there when instead they drugged her and shoved her inside a submarine.

"I fear the lessons learned have cost many their happiness. Some few have even lost their lives....But, I assure you now, as I did then, that the work of The Hanso Foundation has always been intended to bring rebirth to a dying land and a dying people."

- Mr. Hanso could be alluding to the fact that the pregnant women on the island are dying off. Maybe this was due to some experiment they had done in the early stages of the experiment. I know that episode 3.20 is hippie-centric and a flashback to the Degroots, one of the early participants of the Hanso Foundation. I think it's going to reveal a lot about the particular paragraph above - bring rebirth to a dying land and a dying people.

"Our methods must change. As of this moment, The Hanso Foundation enters a period of restructure and overhaul."

- I think what happened was that the participants were divided into 2 groups. One was loyal to Alvar Hanso and his cause and the other to this Dr. Thomas Werner Mittelwerk that Mr. Hanso keeps referring to. I think Dr. Mittelwerk and his followers staged a coup and usurped the power from Mr. Hanso. Since Ben said that he was born on the island, it would lead me to think that he's first generation island native. That he was one of the last children to be born on the island before the whole pregnancy issue arose.

Want to know something strange? I made a screencap of the Alvar Hanso statement and tried to upload it to my server and it kept timing out and saying "Server Not Found." I tried it 3 times and got the same results. How weird!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode was good.. could you feel the chemistry between Kate and Sawyer?? From the time when he first saw her you could see it in his eyes!! omg it was phenomenal.. Oh and might I add, he looked smooookkkiinnnnn'!!!!! the chemistry between Jack and Kate was nill in this eppie, I'm glad for that now we can all give a rest to this triangle bull****.. altho I think Jack is developing feelings for Juliet!! can't wight for next eppie
Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't know, Jen. I totally didn't catch that vibe from Jack and Claire. Anyways, evil or not Juliet is a fantastic character. I'm so happy that they've added her. Season 3 is enough to make me forget the yawn-fest that was all of Season 2.

Okay so ever since watching last night's episode I've been a little pre-occupied. Since the show revealed the problems island women were having with pregnancy and that the Others can cure cancer, it's lead me to ponder. So, I decided I'm going to pop over to The Hanso Foundation and check out the site, again for like the 50th time. The site still remains the same. It contains a statement from Alvar Hanso, the founder of the Hanso Foundation, which contains some interesting 'easter eggs.'

"The path of secrecy is a slippery slope. While necessity may dictate, at times, that we shade ourselves and our work from the all too often harsh light of inquiry, habitual secret-keeping can mire even the noblest intentions in shadow."

- Okay now. Path of secrecy, when Juliet was indoctrinated into the foundation, she was coerced into drinking a tranquilizer-laced orange juice. However, even before that, Alpret wouldn't let her drive into the complex. He told her that she had to say goodbye to her sister at the gates and that she was driven in by a company van, with tinted widows I may add. Then after she passes out from the tranquilizers she wakes up and she's strapped to a bed. She realizes that she's didn't arrive on a plane after all. They fooled her into thinking that she'd be flying there when instead they drugged her and shoved her inside a submarine.

"I fear the lessons learned have cost many their happiness. Some few have even lost their lives....But, I assure you now, as I did then, that the work of The Hanso Foundation has always been intended to bring rebirth to a dying land and a dying people."

- Mr. Hanso could be alluding to the fact that the pregnant women on the island are dying off. Maybe this was due to some experiment they had done in the early stages of the experiment. I know that episode 3.20 is hippie-centric and a flashback to the Degroots, one of the early participants of the Hanso Foundation. I think it's going to reveal a lot about the particular paragraph above - bring rebirth to a dying land and a dying people.

"Our methods must change. As of this moment, The Hanso Foundation enters a period of restructure and overhaul."

- I think what happened was that the participants were divided into 2 groups. One was loyal to Alvar Hanso and his cause and the other to this Dr. Thomas Werner Mittelwerk that Mr. Hanso keeps referring to. I think Dr. Mittelwerk and his followers staged a coup and usurped the power from Mr. Hanso. Since Ben said that he was born on the island, it would lead me to think that he's first generation island native. That he was one of the last children to be born on the island before the whole pregnancy issue arose.

Want to know something strange? I made a screencap of the Alvar Hanso statement and tried to upload it to my server and it kept timing out and saying "Server Not Found." I tried it 3 times and got the same results. How weird!
^^^^ Thinking about what you just wrote. If Ben truely has been on the island all his life, he's have to've been born their right? Or was he just speaking like 'as far as he can remember' ?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I also wanted to add the fact that the show makes a lot of biblical references. For example, did you know that the marking on the tree where the med case was found was the same marking they burned onto Juliet's back? I read somewhere that it's similar to the Scientology cross and that it's also similar to this alien language hoax that was prevalent in the 70's.

They keep referring to a 'Jacob.' Ben said that Jacob promised that he will cure Rachael's cancer. Karl kept uttering something about Jacob after they brainwashed him. I think that maybe Jacob has something to do with Dr. Mittelwerk. I think that his group of followers were a little fanatical in their beliefs. However, the part I don't understand is how the Hanso Foundation could still be in operation and recruiting people to the island. I can't wait until the Degroot and Ben flashbacks. I have a feeling that they're going to answer more of the mysteries of the island. Maybe it'll explain about the mysterious creatures on the island.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

As much as I loved the episode, I got really confused on a few things.

So all the mothers on the island die right? And we are led to believe that Alex is the French woman Danielle's daughter. She had the baby after she came to island, and both her child and herself are alive and well. I don't think Danielle grasp on reality is a symptom, more the fact what she had to do to survive on the island.

Was Claire perfectly fine but then the Others put the implant in her and that's what made her sick? Is the health scare really only so they can get close to Claire and Sun? Were they perfectly fine, but in danger now that the Others will start to run experiments on them?

I was thinking of the mothers and why the island cures things like cancer. But is unable to allow a woman to substain a pregnancy and to give birth. I have no doubt that the Others want to "create" a good society where the badness from the outside world doesn't figure in. And if you are going to create a new society, the first thing you need to do is repopulate and raise the children in your ideas. What if it's a balance thing that the island has. The Others cure cancer, but the side effect is that no women can bring forth life. To take away the badness of cancer, the goodness of birth has to be taken as well to create balance. And maybe you have to conceive off the island for it not to take effect.

I was wondering how Ethan and the other guy found the crash sites so soon. But then I realize that the crash probably would have cause a huge noise where it hit the island and probably smoke. That and those two probably know the island like the back of their hand. I thought it interesting that Ben sent out two of his people that were part of the medical team. Because in Juliet flashback they were all in the operation room.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Last night's episode was awesome!

I was beginning to get worried because ever since they came back from their long hitus, the episodes didn't have the same impacts like they did the first two seasons.

They still got it!

My natural reaction toward the end of the eipsode was, "BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was like, "oh no, she didn't!!!"

After ranting for a good three minutes I calmed down. I looked at the episode really closely. Yes, double-crossing bitch whore come to mind, but I know there is some good in her. I've seen it. She's probably messing with Ben. I mean, she did try to kill the guy.

Ben... Quote: "Same way I get anybody to do anything; I find what they're emotionally invested in and exploit it."

He's a manipulative son of bitch!

He used Juliet's sister as bait, because he knows how badly she wants to go home to her and finally see her nephew. It's like with the thing with Michael, when the Others kidnapped Walt. They'll do anything to get back to the ones they love.

I think it's good that Juliet has a least one friend at the beach camp. I think it's really sweet how Jack is protecting her from everyone. And he's right. She wants to go home just as much as they do. I really do believe she is one of them now.

I'm not giving up on Juliet.