Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, now I'm definately going to be writing that post-finale fic. I'll make it a sort of 'alternate season four'.

Grr! NBC has officially lost me.
ROSS: Always a great way to get in a man's pants.
-Lobster #116-
Old 04-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's so sad. They didn't give us a proper ending. Why is it all the crappy shows i hate stay on, and the good one's get cancelled. Don't watch anything else on NBC, so they are off my list for good!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Total Fan

NO !!!! it can't be cancelled!!! I'm so sad!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

This sucks! NBC has lost me as a viewer too, I think, because that was really the only good show left on the network!

icon: autumnღfairytale
Old 04-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, really? God that sucks so freaking bad!

Dodger - For him.
Literati - For what they once were.

If it's not right -- it's not the end.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Just to let everyone know I've followed ADFanClub's advice a few times with the postcards (twice) and earlier I e-mailed NBC and everyone else on her list.

Quote:
AmericanDreamsFanClub: I want to tell everyone what I know, from Jonathan Prince and from members of the crew. So this is what I know right now...

Everyone has heard the news/rumor that American Dreams has been canceled. You've read it on news sites, message boards, and official sites for the AD cast. This is the information that I have, straight from Jonathan Prince, the show's creator...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is official yet. It doesn't look good right now, but NOTHING IS OFFICIAL. We still need to show NBC how much American Dreams means to us, and tell them why they MUST bring our show back.

Just because you read it on CNN or AOL or Yahoo doesn't mean that's the final word. That article went out of the AP wire, and everyone picked up the exact same article. The article even stated that NBC has not confirmed it.

Arlen's, Brittany's and Rachel's webmasters have announced the cancellation news on their sites. They have heard the news straight from the source, BUT- let me tell you what they have been told. They were told that the chances of the show coming back are VERY SLIM. BUT- NBC could still change their minds before mid-May. This is in no way over. Stranger things have happened. This is not just my opinion. This was told to me by members of the crew.

We are still asking NBC to keep our show... it is not the time to write, "You people are idiots," or "I'll never watch NBC again!" We need to persuade them to keep the show, not berate or insult them.

I will continue to post more whenever I hear anything.

Please continue to follow these suggestions. Postcards will be most helpful, but do ALL of them.

Remember that nothing official has been declared. We still have a chance. In other words, it's not over until the fat lady sings. The fat lady may be warming up, but she ISN'T SINGING YET!!!

Once NBC does announce something to the public, we really have nothing else to do. So please, let's at least go out fighting.

Use every form of communication you can think of. Just imagine if all day on Monday and Tuesday, their phone lines, emails, mail boxes, fax lines, etc... are all filled with messages from AD fans. They would be overwhelmed.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE

Write a postcard, (or 50 postcards!) to NBC President Kevin Reilly

Kevin Reilly
President, NBC Entertainment
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA

Call NBC: (212) 664-4444 Ask to leave a comment about American Dreams.

Write emails to NBC: AmericanDreams@nbcuni.com

Money talks. It sucks, but it's true. So:
Buy the S1 DVD set from NBC: http://nbcstore.shopnbc.com/product...=0&track=-10451

Buy the S1 soundtrack from NBC: http://nbcstore.shopnbc.com/product...55001&oasid=100

Last edited by robinepowell; 04-30-2005 at 09:55 PM
Old 05-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

I don't know about that anymore. I mean, wouldn't the actors find out about the cancellation before the general public?

I really think that it's over now.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. This is sooooo upsetting! I loved this show since the beginning. And now I am pissed.

So I no longer watch a single show on NBC.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, this sucks. I want a different ending. I want more eps. I now don't watch anything on NBC, and this was one of the last shows that they had that was actually really good, critically acclaimed, and well written. This is awful.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am so depressed. American Dreams was such a quantity show. I really wish the ending would have been different. I need more closure than that ending offered me.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Absolute Fan

I heard on the radio this morning..cry cry
Old 05-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Three seasons wasn't enough but they were three amazing years.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Fan

That's true Jen....better three quality season than 8 crappy ones.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Heh. I still say that we have a lot of fighting to do. Now that a lot of people know the show is about to be cancelled, people are giving up. We're not done yet!

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
Heh. I still say that we have a lot of fighting to do. Now that a lot of people know the show is about to be cancelled, people are giving up. We're not done yet!
Did you read what ADFanClub did on Wednesday to get Johnathan Riley's attention about our show? I was like WOW!!