Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

It's so...not what you normally see on t.v.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
I love that whatever is thrown at these two, they ride it out together.
Yes . It's so wonderful.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I think it seemed heavy handed because they didn't really give us any indication that Jughead felt the things he felt in previous episodes...Although now that I think about it, his not telling Betty about his dad being a Serpent might fit in with that.
That's true. As far as their relationship goes, it seemed pretty perfect so far. Except the part with Jughead keeping the secret about FP being a serpent. But that got resolved very quickly in a mature way. So this outburst about all his insecurities about their relationships and reasons why he thinks it can't work seemed so sudden.

Anyway, I made another Bughead fanvid, so if you're into that, I hope you can give it a watch Betty and Jughead - Wonderwall [+1x10]

Last edited by tinnie75; 04-14-2017 at 10:35 AM Reason: oops, wrong link :lol:
Old 04-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
It's so...not what you normally see on t.v.
I was freaking out that they would break up last night, but they pulled together!
Emily
Old 04-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Awwww. I really enjoyed the video. That's one of my favorite songs and it's perfect for them . Lovely job! And I haven't seen your other one, so I'm gonna go do that now!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you, Holly I'm glad you liked it.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a great ep for them. Love Juggies dad telling him to be there for Betty
Old 04-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
I was freaking out that they would break up last night, but they pulled together!
Same.

They really are perfect for eachother. They work things out together. Always.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

So what's everyone think about Jughead's "I wish it were just the 2 of us."

I'm conflicted about what he was really saying there. On the surface it'd be easy to think it was meant to be sexy, but then when I look at his face while he says it it seems more like he means "I wish we weren't here".
Old 04-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

^It was meant to be taken at face value, I think. He wasn't trying to be cute (although, I do think the line was cute despite the context). He expected a quiet birthday with Betty alone and that's all he wanted.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I felt so bad for the both of them, Betty thought she was doing the right thing, she had no clue it would blow up like that, and Juggie hated that party so much. The blow up between them was brutal, but it had to come out into the open, the insecurities Jughead had about being with Betty...leading to Betty trusting Jughead enough to tell him about her darkness. It definitely made them stronger.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

this is so cute!

dylan's a fan!
Old 04-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnie75 (View Post)
Yeah, I wish there was more after the party. I loved what we got, but I feel like it was cut short. So either we're supposed to assume they discusses the issues more off screen, or we can expect at least some of it to come back.
Yeah I felt like a lot of stuff got cut out too. Like for instance, I was expecting to see a scene where Jughead goes to find Betty in the house and they talk a bit before going to Pop's, but we just saw them immediately at the diner. I'm assuming they discussed a few things before they even left or while they were heading over there so it sucks that we seemed to have missed that.

Regarding Jughead's fear about Betty going back to Archie when he changes his mind, I'm wondering if that was put in there because the writers knew this was something we'd all be thinking would happen, so it's their way of subverting it somehow (Betty seemed hurt by the fact that he would even say something like that), or it's something that's going to be brought up later. Maybe eventually we'll get a scene of Betty telling Jughead he is the one she wants. It's The CW, they're not going to pass up having Betty find out about Archie and Veronica and what happened after the party. I'm sure it's going to bother her, but in a "my two best friends might be a thing" kind of way, much like we've seen Archie be bothered so far with Betty and Jughead being together (that's how it looks to me anyway). That'd be a good time for Betty to reaffirm how she feels for Jughead and open up to him even more.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Yea at the diner, Betty seemed too smiley for them not to have talked prior. Wish we got a scene at the house.

I kind of wondered if Jug had any reservations about being with Betty, knowing about the torch she had been carrying for Archie. Like I wasn't sure if he knew...since it was one sided on Betty's part. I think that line was thrown in there to show he knows and he's not totally ok with it.
If it was a way to slowly remind us of the triangle, I don't know who would believe that after everything they've been through that Betty would be with Archie.

Alexa, thanks for bringing that over. Those sprouse twins are such goofballs .
Old 04-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
I kind of wondered if Jug had any reservations about being with Betty, knowing about the torch she had been carrying for Archie. Like I wasn't sure if he knew...since it was one sided on Betty's part. I think that line was thrown in there to show he knows and he's not totally ok with it.
I always thought Jug knew that Betty liked Archie, which is why he made the comment (in the narration) during episode 2, that there were only 3 people in that booth, not 4. And, he was SO relieved after he first kissed Betty, that you just know he'd wanted to kiss her forever and never thought he'd have a chance (probably because he took for granted that she *would* end up with Archie.)

I think it's normal for him to feel insecure about this, even if he has nothing to fear from it. Human nature.