Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2018, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The whole situation seriously dragged down in S2 imo.

I kinda laugh at people who use those scenes as evidence that BL were endgame, since Luke's actions after those moments contradicted them big time.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It really did.

Yeah, it makes no sense. There was no evidence of them being endgame because they clearly never were, tbh. Every time they were together, all it ever did was highlight exactly why they shouldn't be. He was always so different with Peyton, he was always focused on her, not running around with other girls without even telling her. It was such a huge difference that you could tell, there was no real comparison. It was sad that they had Brooke put up with it, tbh, she knew she deserved better than he was ever going to be willing or able to give her.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It really did.

Yeah, it makes no sense. There was no evidence of them being endgame because they clearly never were, tbh. Every time they were together, all it ever did was highlight exactly why they shouldn't be. He was always so different with Peyton, he was always focused on her, not running around with other girls without even telling her. It was such a huge difference that you could tell, there was no real comparison. It was sad that they had Brooke put up with it, tbh, she knew she deserved better than he was ever going to be willing or able to give her.
I agree. I feel like Mark gave Brooke and Lucas a shot because that's what CMM and Sophia wanted and it also provided great drama for keeping Lucas/Peyton apart until S4. I do think the ending of CMM and Sophia's marriage led to some of the rushed feel of S4 and the reunion of Leyton, but I do think they would've eventually gotten back there. I also think that Mark threw in Peyton during every storyline to be the thing that showed us that no matter how often Lucas tried with Brooke, they were never going to be right for each other. Brooke was too insecure about her place and value with Lucas, Lucas always chose Peyton over her, regardless of what Brooke was going through, and as Brooke pointed out, he never let her in the way he did with Peyton. In the end, those things led to Brucas not working and while Peyton was used as the foil, it wasn't actually her fault. Brooke chose to blame Peyton, but it doesn't mean she's actually the one to blame.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It really did.

And S3 too as well, but not as badly obviously.

Yep, he would have never treated Peyton the way he did Brooke and despite me liking Lucas as an character more, Brooke walking away from him was by far the smartest thing she ever did imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
I agree. I feel like Mark gave Brooke and Lucas a shot because that's what CMM and Sophia wanted and it also provided great drama for keeping Lucas/Peyton apart until S4. I do think the ending of CMM and Sophia's marriage led to some of the rushed feel of S4 and the reunion of Leyton, but I do think they would've eventually gotten back there. I also think that Mark threw in Peyton during every storyline to be the thing that showed us that no matter how often Lucas tried with Brooke, they were never going to be right for each other. Brooke was too insecure about her place and value with Lucas, Lucas always chose Peyton over her, regardless of what Brooke was going through, and as Brooke pointed out, he never let her in the way he did with Peyton. In the end, those things led to Brucas not working and while Peyton was used as the foil, it wasn't actually her fault. Brooke chose to blame Peyton, but it doesn't mean she's actually the one to blame.
I think the network were definitely pushing for it as well, since the promotion for the whole of season 2 was clearly taking advantage of Chad and Sophia's relationship at that point too and it's wouldn't surprise me if they thought that them being together would make more people watch the show. Don't think their break up was rushed in the slightest though, since that happening was hinted at in 3.10 and throughout the second half of S3.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That break up was inevitable the second they got back together, tbh. That whole storyline overall was just messy as hell.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

3.10 said as much tbh and the whole thing was just an massive waste of time tool.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It really was. The biggest waste of time.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dragged down both characters too imo.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really did. Wastes of time often do, though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Would have been an surprise if it didn't.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kinda would have. It's frustrating that writers let things get to that point.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And the network too, since I doubt they were pushing for Brooke/Lucas due to offscreen reasons.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

A lot of mistakes were made, unfortunately.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-30-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, they definitely were.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Way too many.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread