Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Very long mustache on Paul? I have to see that.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

It was goatee.. Not a long mustache...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

I see.

Just watched the S4 finale and oh man, Paul's performance was awesome. Wow.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Oh yeah, I love his scenes in fourth season finale and you actually can tell that he's truly guilty for what he did to his own brother.. Poor him..

is that what you want?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

This. And when he was crying on the floor, so sad. I think it's first time when I actually felt bad for Dan.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Same here and I'm going to lie when Karen went to him, my gosh, I felt so bad for both of them even it hurts to see that even I can see both side even I have to admit that I'm not one of their side because of the reason..

is that what you want?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I feel for both of them too. For Karen more, though.

Speaking of, sometimes I'm sad that the show went with Keith being Karen true love. I feel that if writers would never made Dan the monster he was in S2 and S3 and if they would try to actually sell Dan and Karen relationship as a real love, I think I'd so ship them.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't buy it when it comes to Karen that she "suddenly" realize that she in love w/ Keith.. I don't buy it at all.. But I can see w/ Keith who had eyes on her only, not anyone else..

is that what you want?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Karen loved the man that Dan was. He did not become the person that Karen thought he could be until the very end. The moment when Dan left Karen when finding out about the pregnancy changed everything.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 08-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly feel like both of Karen's relationships on the show, with Keith and with Dan, were not handled in a consistent manner. In the beginning of the show it seemed like everything was pointing at the fact that Karen got over her romantic feelings for Dan and the "new" him, the one who left her with a child and turned into a person he ended up being at that point, had no appeal to her as a potential love interest and the only feeling she still had for him was anger and offense because of being rejected. Then at some other point it was implied that she supposedly never got over Dan which contradicted the previous storyline and the backstory of their relationship and break up. Her sudden feelings for Keith also seemed to come out of nowhere considering that she not only spent years being in a close friendly relationship with him but he basically played a role of a father for her son and they practically lived like a family for all that time and yet Karen never showed an interest in Keith romantically up untill the point when they were suddenly put together. Honestly the only Karen's relationship that worked for me was Karen/Andy and in a way I'm glad that they ended up together, it felt real and they actually had some pretty solid build up and seemed compatible.

I could have liked Karen with either Kaith or Dan had the execution of her relationship with Keith been better and had Dan's story not gone the way it did in season 3.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think that they handle well w/ Karen/Dan and Keith/Karen as friendship, not relationship, but I can see Karen struggled when it comes to Dan because he gave her a child, so I can't blame her not knowing what to do when it comes to feelings because both of them have lot of history that both of them went through together and I can say same thing w/ Keith.. So I think that Karen and Andy are more understanding w/ each other and stuff like that plus Karen doesn't have to deal w/ Dan AND Keith since both of them ARE brothers.. So.. Shrug..

is that what you want?

Old 08-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Her sudden feelings for Keith also seemed to come out of nowhere considering that she not only spent years being in a close friendly relationship with him but he basically played a role of a father for her son and they practically lived like a family for all that time and yet Karen never showed an interest in Keith romantically up untill the point when they were suddenly put together. Honestly the only Karen's relationship that worked for me was Karen/Andy and in a way I'm glad that they ended up together, it felt real and they actually had some pretty solid build up and seemed compatible.
Gotta agree. It's somewhat weird to me that after all these years when Karen was so so close to Keith, it was 16 years when she apparently never had any romantic feelings toward him, and after that all of sudden she changed her mind... because of what? When she saw that he want to have a family of his own? This happened so sudden that a part of me think that Karen was scared that he won't be there for her and Lucas like he was before. I don't know, I like KK enough, but there are some missing things. With Karen/Dan... well, I believe that writers did the whole "she still has feelings for Dan or not?" thing in S4 for drama sake only. You know, what's more dramatical than a woman who is pregnant with older dead brother and falling for the younger brother, who killed the said older brother? Anyway, in the end I'm glad Karen ended up with Andy too, they worked together pretty good.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

I agree even I always felt that both of them still stuck in the past until both of them finally get it out and realized that they aren't the same people, but at least one thing that they have son together and that's it.. But w/ Keith, I never see her in love w/ Keith because I always felt like she need safety net which that would be Keith.. I hate the fact that they made her have a child w/ Keith.. I don't know why.. I mean, I feel like they always give her relationship w/ Keith that are tragedy or something that connect w/ Dan.. But in my opinion, I think that I can see them have brief relationship, but long-term relationship? I don't see that w/ them.. Oh well..

is that what you want?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed Karen/Keith in general because I guess OTH is one of the rare shows where I could find something appealing in almost every ship (there were about three that I didn't like at all) and I think they were sweet and genuin, but their build up wasn't done right because of how randomly Karen's romantic feelings for Keith came. Her and Dan had some great chemistry, but obviously couldn't work in a stable relationship. I guess her ending up with Andy wasn't bad at all, it's actually a relationship that had the most basis out of all Karen's romances.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

^ Same here. I enjoyed Karen with Keith too even if their build up was a little messed up. But they're okay.

The main reason why I'd like to see Karen/Dan is the actors really great chemistry, I'm not gonna lie. If only their story was a lot different, I think I'd ship them hard. I guess I should find my fan fix in fanfictions.