Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weens (View Post)
Maybe, maybe not? He could have other projects going on right now and at this point the show is on autopilot and the actors tend to have a lot of control too. Maybe he was too busy to over see this, because really he usually handles all the biggies doesn't he and when he does you can tell that the quality of the writing is soooo much better and even more consistent with the old OTH.
There's no way he doesn't read over the script. It's not like it would take all day to fix it. He's the head writer, so if he's busy or whatever, he should still be taking a look at the script and editing it.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yup.. All he have to check the script out then done w/ it.. Since he's still the head writer who have control when it comes to his show.. So I don't think it won't kill him to check it out and see if he likes it or not to fix it before he hands out to actors/actresses..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He's trumped by 4 guest stars and a plant!
Wow. That is sad.

Though I have to say one thing I was grateful for in this ep is that we didn’t also have Nathan fawning all over the BJu wedding. Bad enough we had to have Haley & Jamie all about it.

It does suck though that in 2 eps, we’ve had a NH scene where Nate has to congratulate Haley on her work panning Brooke’s wedding/bachelorette wedding. repetitive NH scene and about this wedding, wasted time…oh poor Brooke she’s had a tough year as Hales said I wish Nathan had replied...”so have you my WIFE, so HOW ARE YOU…it’s great your helping others and getting a good feeling from that…but I hope you realize that YOU haven’t had an easy year either, OUR FAMILY has had it tough this year…I know let me take you and Jamie on a holiday so I don’t have to be the glorified furniture and you don’t have to be all of Tree Hill’s sidekick and counselor. Let’s have some US time”.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

^I don't know he has kind of been MIA this season. I remember in the past he would give little promotional videos to the fans. We haven't really heard from him this season. Just sayin maybe because it is the last season he gave control to his writers. Otherwise I find it really hard to believe that he would allow some of the stuff that is happening.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmba310 (View Post)
He's trumped by 4 guest stars and a plant!
props for the sarcasm!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

I doubt Mark cares if Haley's character is written consistently. Not like this would be the first time someone said something that completely contradicted canon. So I'm sure he did see the speech and I'm sure he thought it was oh so adorable and perfect.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
Though I have to say one thing I was grateful for in this ep is that we didn’t also have Nathan fawning all over the BJu wedding. Bad enough we had to have Haley & Jamie all about it.

It does suck though that in 2 eps, we’ve had a NH scene where Nate has to congratulate Haley on her work panning Brooke’s wedding/bachelorette wedding. repetitive NH scene and about this wedding, wasted time…oh poor Brooke she’s had a tough year as Hales said I wish Nathan had replied...”so have you my WIFE, so HOW ARE YOU…it’s great your helping others and getting a good feeling from that…but I hope you realize that YOU haven’t had an easy year either, OUR FAMILY has had it tough this year…I know let me take you and Jamie on a holiday so I don’t have to be the glorified furniture and you don’t have to be all of Tree Hill’s sidekick and counselor. Let’s have some US time”.
THIS. They act like Nathan and Haley have had the year of their lives, when in reality they lost so much in such a short span of time. And while I love that they fight for what they want instead of moping all day long (like this girl who looks like Brooke, but certainly doesn't act like her anymore), something like losing a parent or your biggest dream takes a toll on someone. We should see them handling it, and being excited or scared or something about the new baby.
They're the main characters, they're the people we want to see. The core 5, or what is left of them. Enough with triangles and secondary characters taking up all the screentime and rewriting history. And for God's sake, enough with ruining the characters we once loved.
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And while I love that they fight for what they want instead of moping all day long (like this girl who looks like Brooke, but certainly doesn't act like her anymore)
I love that too. I mean Nathan lost his dream, and yet we see him going to to college and trying a new path and even with his annoying professor, he is still trying...Haley lost her mum, battled depression, and yet she is trying to be postivie...giving back to the community by voluntering, trying to appreciate her family and friends and the things she has more by being a great friend, mother, sister and wife and still keeping up with RBR and developing artists like Erin.

Brooke on the other hand, all I've seen is moping...her only goals this season have been to get married and have kids.

NH have had a hard year, and they are moving past it, trying to find new goals and staying positive and I admire that...but it comes to a point where the writers...it's just too much. They can still be their wonderful selves, but that doesn't mean we can't get a 1 min scene where they talk about THEIR life, THEIR family. Come on! The scene where Nate said Haley had done a good job with the wedding & that the bride/groom are late, the writers could have easily had him then grab her in for a hug where he then goes on to say that her year and their year has been so hard, but they've pulling through and he's so excited to meet his baby girl, and that when they went to the doctors this morning hearing that it was a girl was some of the best news he's ever recieved and that sometimes when he lays awake at night wondering what could have been if hadn't had to quit NBA, he thinks about Haley, about Jamie, about the baby girl and all his what if's and worries just melt away...I mean just something like that you know.

Instead we have to hear about the wedding and HJ speeches for thr 10000th time in that ep, and before that again their dialogue was tied to what's going on in BJu's world...something we already know/heard about in other scenes...why must the ONLY NH scene revolve around that too? Arghhh. So fustrating!

Why is that so freakin hard for trainer professional writers??? Please someone tell me!

When NH were facing Renee, when they were getting married ect I didn't see Brooke being ALL about them.

Quote:
We should see them handling it, and being excited or scared or something about the new baby.
Yes! Exactly.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 02-03-2011 at 06:34 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love that too. I mean Nathan lost his dream, and yet we see him going to to college and trying a new path and even with his annoying professor, he is still trying...Haley lost her mum, battled depression, and yet she is trying to be postivie...giving back to the community by voluntering, trying to appreciate her family and friends and the things she has more by being a great friend, mother, sister and wife and still keeping up with RBR and developing artists like Erin.

Brooke on the other hand, all I've seen is moping...her only goals this season have been to get married and have kids.
Exactly. I just don't get it. I used to love Brooke and Peyton, mistakes and all, until they became these pathetic girls who couldn't function without a man by their side. The other days I was watching some clips on YT, and I can't understand what happened to the writer who wrote s1-3/4 Peyton and s2-6 Brooke, why he felt the need to destroy them so completely.

Quote:
NH have had a hard year, and they are moving past it, trying to find new goals and staying positive and I admire that...but it comes to a point where the writers...it's just too much. They can still be their wonderful selves, but that doesn't mean we can't get a 1 min scene where they talk about THEIR life, THEIR family. Come on! The scene where Nate said Haley had done a good job with the wedding & that the bride/groom are late, the writers could have easily had him then grab her in for a hug where he then goes on to say that her year and their year has been so hard, but they've pulling through and he's so excited to meet his baby girl, and that when they went to the doctors this morning hearing that it was a girl was some of the best news he's ever recieved and that sometimes when he lays awake at night wondering what could have been if hadn't had to quit NBA, he thinks about Haley, about Jamie, about the baby girl and all his what if's and worries just melt away...I mean just something like that you know.
Amen. I don't get it either

Quote:
When NH were facing Renee, when they were getting married ect I didn't see Brooke being ALL about them.
Word. Brooke was destroyed beyond repair in s7, so I'm not surprised. When they were getting married she was there for them, made the purses and helped them out, but the show was still balanced enough to give good scenes to all of them. Why Mark can't do that now, and wastes screentime on characters like Chase or Mia instead of continuing to develop N, H and B is something I'll never understand.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yep.

On another note the BJu wedding was way over the top cheese…not saying this show isn’t cheesy and other couples aren’t but it was like the writer was trying EXTRA hard to force down our throats how perfect BJu are. It’s ridic. I don’t like to be told, I like to be shown. No amount of perfect fake MOH speech with Haley acting like the perfect MOH, the perfect Best man speech (guess Jamie forgot how Julian nearly let him die) ect…everything was just to what’s the word…glossy? But it felt so fake as a result. Like on the outside it’s all shiny like some Stepford wedding…not saying it needs a car going over a bridge drama, but I don’t know…I think this season the writers wanted to make BJu on the level of LP and NH. Like oh look Brooke has found her soul mate, look how perfect they are for each other…well maybe if the journey was right ok, but their journey was cr** so no amount of oh look how perfect BJu are will work now imo.

I say this as someone who doesn’t ship BL and who doesn’t care about Brooke’s love life at all…but to those who ship BL, don’t feel bad, that BJu wedding was so over the top fake it’s not even funny. All this sudden perfect scenes they are getting doesn’t erase what came before and that BJu actually have never sorted out any of their problems or had any growth. They only know two things…sex and fighting and now over the top cheese to make up for their past lack of depth just to give Brooke a perfect wedding.

Just like Haley’s history was changed to give Brooke the perfect MOH.

Haley’s speech is a great example of who BJu are as a couple. Haley's true self in S1 is hidden & changed behind sweet, fake words to suit the writers goal of giving Brooke the perfect MOH to make up for lack of Peyton. Just like in S6 we had to get the BJu/NL drama at LP's wedding to make up for her not marrying Lucas...writers are always compensating for Brooke .

So that's BJu imo their true journey hidden behind fake perfect words that have been altered to suit the writers goals of making them stand out like LP and NH.

Some might say I'm just a bitter NH fan and while yes I hate that NH havve been ignored, that doesn't change the way I feel about this ep overall. No layers in this ep.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I don’t like to be told, I like to be shown.
ICA. I've felt this way with both BJu and LP. Just because everyone goes on and on about how perfect these two couples are doesn't mean I will ship them. On the contrary. The more every character gushed about how LP were meant to be and Brooke was just a footnote (which I agree she was on s1, but not on s2&3), the more annoyed I got with LP. The way I see it, Lucas either fell in love with Brooke at some point or he was a selfish idiot who used a friend he'd already hurt as a rebound. Since I liked Lucas, I choose to believe the first. And BJu... They're not even worth mentioning. It was a cheap attempt at recreating the triangle and have Brooke "win" at the end. I don't like who Brooke is when she's with Julian and I don't appreciate being manipulated, so BJu is a couple I'll never be able to enjoy.

Quote:
Just like Haley’s history was changed to give Brooke the perfect MOH.
I know, and I hate it. What was so wrong about their real history? Coming as someone whose favorite character was Brooke for 5 whole seasons, seeing a glimpse of the real Brooke on 1x06 was impossible. She was a bitch to Haley that day. And what made Haley awesome in s1 was that she was her own person. She could care less about being popular. They became friends later, Hales helped Brooke grow up and Brooke supported Haley when she came back from tour. Isn't that a beautiful story to tell?

Quote:
Some might say I'm just a bitter NH fan and while yes I hate that NH havve been ignored, that doesn't change the way I feel about this ep overall. No layers in this ep.
I'm a bitter BLer and a bitter OTH fan in general. But the thing is, we're bitter for a reason. The show has sunk to its lowest level. Nobody can watch one of the HS episodes and then one from the past three seasons and say it's still good.

Last edited by dreamywriter19; 02-03-2011 at 07:38 PM
Old 02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
that BJu wedding was so over the top fake it’s not even funny. All this sudden perfect scenes they are getting doesn’t erase what came before and that BJu actually have never sorted out any of their problems or had any growth. They only know two things…sex and fighting and now over the top cheese to make up for their past lack of depth just to give Brooke a perfect wedding.
I feel the same way. Honestly, I am turned off by any cheese, but all that stuff aside, I just didn't get their vows. When Julian said "you challenge me like no one ever has", I was like what? When has Brooke ever even challenged him? You could probably apply this to any other OTH couple and it would make far more sense.

They legit have two layers. One is annoyingly angsty like they were in S7, and one is annoyingly cheesy. No depth whatsoever. So I found their vows to just be random words that weren't even chosen carefully for the couple they were applied to.

"You see the world in a way no one else does"... has Julian even been given enough development for that line to be that believable? Sorry but I don't see this amazingly different view of the world that he has. I don't watch OTH anymore, but I do watch Brooke scenes a lot so I end up seeing BJu, and meh. They tried so hard to make them look ~deep but they were really meaningless words to me.

I found myself feeling less sad about the wedding after watching it, which just means the writing failed miserably.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
no depth whatsoever. So I found their vows to just be random words that weren't even chosen carefully for the couple they were applied to.
That’s just it right there. And I feel this sentiment can be applied to the whole wedding. Nothing about this wedding felt “natural” or was about what makes BJu unique (probs cause they don’t have much to work with).

Everything felt either not Brooke (from the dress she was wearing) to just like someone said to the writer, write romantic scenes and speeches like you would for a Mills & Boon carbon copy romance novel that can be applied to any couple.

Every other wedding had these little touches that made it feel special & unique to the couple. Even Lucas with his cheese fest, she’s my angel…we can believe that because we know back in S1 Lucas had Peyton on a pedestal before he even spoke to her, when Nathan said that no one believed their marriage would work we believed those words, because its true, NH married young and no one thought it would work, even Haley had her doubts…when Haley said Nathan made her brave we saw that. For this wedding things had to be forced right down to having the perfect MOH for it to seem wonderful. And to have even Jamie who before this season barely interacted with Julian, make this speech.

Everything was just too generic.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Everything felt either not Brooke (from the dress she was wearing)
I don't think that this dress was not "brookish", didn't she do a similar dress for Haley in season 3?
But I agree with vows thing, they don't fit to BJu at all. Brooke saying that before Julian her world revolved only around her? Yeah, right. Because she was so horrible friend to Peyton or to Haley in season 3. And that fight in 8x11? It was ALL about her.

This picture shows Nathans situation totally and it's very sad, he is the main after all!
I don't think it's writers fault, some reliable spoilers source said that writers aren't even happy with some epps, but they have to write them because it's what Mark want
Mark is crazy, I have nothing else to say.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

All I can say is when a fandom continues to gush and reminisce about old ships or old episodes and scenes of a favortie couple, then clearly something is wrong or has gone wrong along the way.

If you observe the main page of Fan Forum, all the threads are either Naley, Brucas or Leyton related, where are all the other threads.......hmmmm?
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread