Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like this episode more then I thought I would. Sophia Bush and Bethany Joy Lenz where incredible. My heart was breaking for Brooke and Haley when Brooke opened up to Karen while Haley was struggling with her guilt about her fight with Lucas and withdrawing from Nathan and Peyton.

I surprisingly really loved Peyton in this episode especially in her scenes with Nathan and Haley. It was nice that her and Haley's friendship is finally becoming two sided. Before it was mainly about Peyton, her and Haley mainly talked when Peyton needed someone to confide in it was nice to see her finally there for Haley and concerned about her to the extent that she went Nathan for help which couldn't have been easy.
But the character I really loved in the episode was Nathan. I was so worried that Nathan and Haley where going to be over for good but hearing him tell Peyton and Lucas how he feels about her eased my worries about them ending anytime soon. The ending with Lucas, Haley, Nathan and Brooke was so sweet along with the Dan/Karen hug. I actually started to tear up when Lucas and Haley hugged while Brooke and Nathan stood by watching. Not only was wonderful to see my two favorite couples in the same room together but I loved that there was no jealously from Nathan or Brooke just a contented smile on Brooke's face and that there was no underlying sexual or romantic tension between Lucas and Haley or any forshadowing, just a pure moment between best friends. It was a refreshing change from what usually happens on shows when two characters of the opposite sex share a close moment while their girlfriend and boyfriend watch. I wish most shows would do scenes like the Brooke/Lucas/Haley/Nathan one.
Crystal_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by emu*chicky:
<STRONG>also its driving me crazy, but i love how the writers are making me go back and forth between each character, like before i was like "i love peyton, i feel bad" and stuff, and now im like "now i feel bad for brooke" lol</STRONG>
Me too. But I wouldn't credit the writing but the performances. They are writing a triangle but it has been the performances making you choose sides, making you feel sorry for one then the other, than hating her then loving her, etc, etc. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] IMHO.

Cleveland Rocks def! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I do think that the argument was on Haley's mind throughout the entire episode. However, I am not convinced that she even cared WHAT the argument was about so much as she just cared that the last discussion she and Luke had before he got in the crash was a horrible argument.

I still think that what the argument had to do with was immaterial at this point. Haley's guilt was more to do with the fact that the last time her and Luke spoke, it was a terrible argument with shouting and words. That is what she was agonizing over. I do not at all feel like she thought she was wrong in what she said to Luke about the triangle at all.. She was just terribly upset about the last convo she had with Luke before he crashed and not being able to mend things in case something would have happened to him..

That is how I saw it. The content of the argument was not an issue.. The fact that they had an argument, could have been any argument, right before he crashed was the whole issue that I saw.

And I do feel like Haley and Lucas will have a discussion about things once he is okay. That is when the content of their argument will get sorted.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:56 PM
New Fan

First, I just want to say that I LOVED this episode with all of my heart. I am rewatching it now so that I can be more detailed in my feedback, but I do want to say that to all of you who said Sophia overacted the part of Brooke coming into the hospital and balling, I disagree completely. If you have ever been in the situation where you have a family member in the hospital or someone you love in the hospital and you don't know if they're ok, you come in balling, especially if you have a personality like Brooke does. I think she did excellent.
I'm gonna go finish watching it. I'll be back.
Bryana
You think you're name is pass the joint" ~Gavin DeGraw (Chemical Party Track#5)
ytsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Regarding the argument, why is everyone acting like
the entire argument was Lucas' fault. Hayley went
there to judge him,but yet she did not want Lucas judging her about Nathan. That is what the argument was about - she started on him first. So why is it all his fault?
Old 02-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Cleveland Rocks, I do agree to a certain degree that she didn't care what the argument was about, but I hated seeing her agonizing over Lucas not being able to forgive her and then Lucas just smiling at her, expecting that she should forgive him. Why didn't he assume she might not forgive him for the cruel way he treated her? Maybe she wouldn't even want to go to the hospital because he was so mean to her. Did he think like that? No. It was all about Haley feeling guilty, Haley wanting to apologize and ultimately, Lucas forgiving her. It was just wrong and left a bad taste in my mouth. I know the writers wanted us to be all touched, but I still feel like it was in a "Lucas is such a great guy to forgive Haley" sort of way.

ForeverDandJ- Because it *was* all his fault. He was the one cheating on his girlfriend with her best friend, Haley had every right to yell at him, but he turned it around on her, accusing her of something that is completely off-base and untrue, just to take the heat off of himself. She was in the right, he was in the wrong, it's clear as day.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited christinedechagny ]
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Regarding the argument, why is everyone acting like
the entire argument was Lucas' fault. Hayley went
there to judge him,but yet she did not want Lucas judging her about Nathan. That is what the argument was about - she started on him first. So why is it all his fault?
I don't think Haley went to Lucas to judge him, she went to him to confront him about what he's doing. What he's doing is wrong and she told him that, then he just turned the argument around on Haley which was wrong. Haley didn't do anything wrong and Lucas was just looking for a scapegoat.

I also hope that Lucas apologizes to Haley for what he said to her during their fight.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited Liliya ]
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I came here to ask a question, so I only skimmed. But I noticed everyone giving grief about scenes I had no problem with. ie. Haley's issues, and Brooke's first hospital scene.

The scene I thought most belonged on a gag reel and was really .... funny but in a bad way. Was when Peyton got the call. and just grabbed her purse to turn and walk out without telling Brooke. It was ridiculous!

Now, onto my question.

Anyone know if anyone has screencaps of this ep up yet, or coming quickly?
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Bent137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I believe that Haley had every right to question his actions about the triangle. Lets be frank, Lucas is acting way inappropriately these days and Haley had every right to jump in and say something. She is his best friend.

However, where I fault Luke is whenever he told Haley that she betrayed him by becoming romantic with Nathan. That is where I fault Lucas. Way back when, Haley went to Lucas and asked him if he was okay with her and Nathan exploring a possible romantic relationship and Lucas said yes, outside of expressing his worry that maybe Nathan was going to treat her poorly. That was it. He never said anything about feeling betrayed way back then so why is he bringing it up now?

The betrayal came out of nowhere and I feel like Haley did not deserve that.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]
Old 02-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bent137:
<STRONG>The scene I thought most belonged on a gag reel and was really .... funny but in a bad way. Was when Peyton got the call. and just grabbed her purse to turn and walk out without telling Brooke. It was ridiculous!
</STRONG>
I hear ya. That did look kind of odd. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] However, I'm thinking they wanted Peyton to look shocked, way out there, and totally not thinking as to what she was doing...

And she did just that.

Christine.. I do get where you are coming from and I do agree with you in a general sense. It would have been nice for Lucas to say something, anything to Haley like "I'm sorry" or something to that effect..

However, again, I just think they wanted to show a beautiful moment without anything else in the way. I don't think they wanted Haley to appear like she was the wrong one and Luke was the right one, even if it did come off that way with some of you.. I don't know. I just don't think it was their intention for that scene.

They just wanted to show a beautiful moment between two best friends..

I may be naive but that is all I saw in it.

I guess future episodes will tell the tale as to how they are going to portray the L/H friendship and I DO hope Haley keeps that spine.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

I hope h/l stay friends, it would be the first realistic thing, because not all friends become something more, most stay friends. It would suck if they ruined the great friendship they have.

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE OTH CAST ON THE REQUEST BOARD. PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THEY NEED YOUR HELP!
Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, I must be one in a million because the Haley/Lucas forgiveness scene was my favorite part of the episode.

Even though some saw it as Lucas forgiving Haley, I found it to be neutral. Both seemed to be saying sorry in that last scene. The way Lucas smiled and said "hey buddy", it was emotional. They both seem to take in that they had a horrible fight, and both forgived each other. I don't really see how it was Lucas forgiving Haley and not neurtal. Maybe people are assuming it from his "hey buddy", or his holding her, but I found that as an act of comfort.

Lucas knows Haley. He knew (from Nathan) that she wasn't doing so well. So when she came to see him, it showed her courage and fear, and he knew it. I thought it was a moving scene. And I was kind of glad that Nathan and Brooke were there to see that nothing could break the bond between them. It was a sweet moment and went along with Karen telling Brooke that best friends can always forgive one another.

Onto Karen. I'm very pleased that she is finally back. Hopefully she will be able to slap some sense into our boy Lucas. And it's so sad about her and Keith. Hopefully things will be able to work out between them again.

The Haley/Nathan fight was perfectly fine to me. Imagine being Haley for one second. Sure, she did snap at him and be mean to him, but come on. She was probably going through emotional hell. Her lifelong best friend was in a horrible car accident, she had just had a terrible fight with that best friend, and she finds out her boyfriend's original intentions were to use her. It has to be a lot to take, even for Haley.

Personally, I liked seeing Haley falling apart. We always see Haley being strong and holding it together. We've only seen her cry once before this. It was nice to see someone comfort her for a change.

I'm so damn tired of this love triangle. Seriously writers, end the stupid thing. Normally I love hearing ads for OTH, but they all revolve around the stupid love triangle, it sucks. No more. Throw Peyton and Lucas together if you want them together so bad.

And please, let Brooke find a good guy because she really deserves one. She is such a sweetie and I felt terrible for her. Bring back Abercrombie or something. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My next favorite part of the episode was Nathan talking to Lucas. And I liked that Lucas woke up to Nathan rather than Brooke or Peyton. Finally, they better be bringing back what the whole show was meant to be about. Two brothers fitting into each others world.

Don't even want to comment on the next episode. Lucas and Peyton kissing on the webcam, leaving poor Brooke to watch - get something new! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sorry, still a little bitter over the love triangle being everywhere.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited CutieKatie ]
Old 02-18-2004, 03:38 PM
New Fan

I thought Sophia was perfect in the crying scene. And that's what I love about Brooke, the fact that she's so completely out in the open with everything. There's never any hidden agendas, like so many of the other characters. I had an ex-boyfriend who was shot by a car jacker and when I heard about it I had the exact same reaction as Brooke, and we weren't even dating anymore. Sophia was so perfect, she took me right back to that moment in my own life. I don't know how anyone couldn't react in extreme fashion at a moment like that!
Squirreltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:40 PM
New Fan

I thought Sophia was perfect in the crying scene. And that's what I love about Brooke, the fact that she's so completely out in the open with everything. There's never any hidden agendas, like so many of the other characters. I had an ex-boyfriend who was shot by a car jacker and when I heard about it I had the exact same reaction as Brooke, and we weren't even dating anymore. Sophia was so perfect, she took me right back to that moment in my own life. I don't know how anyone couldn't react in extreme fashion at a moment like that!
Squirreltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my god! Such a good episode. It was sad and stuff but so much made it worth while. I still love the ongoing Peyton/Haley Friendship, but my favorite thing was Nathan/Peyton. It was so great that they talked. I have been waiting since they broke up for them to have a heart to heart. I just loved when she said Haley was the best thing that every happened to him, including her, and then he agreeded. I also understand why Haley would want to be mad at Nathan, but she was overreacting a little. I'm glad they never offically broke up, spoliers for this episode were really scaring me.

Next, I loved how Dan thought Karen was going to yell at him and she hugged him, that is just classic. But nothing topes the joy I had in my heart when Lucas woke up and put his hand on Nathan's. I know he didn't realize who it was really, but I beleive that Lucas heard him. This was right up there with Dan saying, "He's my son." I felt bad for Keith, but I would feel the same way is this happened to my son. I just hope she forgives him soon. At least I would try to. And I just loved how Whitey was there to tell Karen that no man has ever loved a boy as much as Keith loves Lucas. That was very sweet.

I also liked how they showed all his friends at the basketball court talking to him on the video camera and then everyone going and writing messages on the court. I loved the return of Jake and that Tim was there. That was great! And even though I am not a Peyton Fan I loved what she drew for him. I was also glad that they didn't push the whole Peyton being there for Lucas thing. I think it was more important for Brooke to be there. He might be into Peyton right now, but she definetly cares about him and I liked seeing that. And for those of you who said she was annoying shame on you! I thought she was so cute and sweet tonight. The way she was acting would be me in a crisis situation. Plus I thought Karen really ended up liking her. I loves when Lucas saw his mother and began to sing You are my sunshine like she had sung to him. That was such a beautiful moment. But I thought it was great how Haley was the most important person to be there. Lucas's "Hey Buddy" and Haley starting to cry was so tear jerking.

I think I got al most everything, but I'm sure there is something I've missed. I'll go back and watch it a few more times and add anything else. I hope you guys liked it!
Reply   Post New Thread