Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -EM-:
<STRONG>Ryan looked really hot last night.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
OMG&lt; I know!!!me and my friends can't get over iT!!!
* Diane * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Diane *:
<STRONG>

OMG&lt; I know!!!me and my friends can't get over iT!!!</STRONG>
Yeah and he looks good in the preview for the next episode too! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Diane *:
<STRONG>just a preview pic:
</STRONG>
Whoa, when I first saw this, it looked like Ryan was holding up a decapitated head and kissing it. There's no neck!

Kat - I totally see where you're coming from. Summer's spice has definetly turned into sugar lately. But I expect S/S to have some ups and downs in which Summer will return to her roots. They softened her to get more people to root for her w/ Seth I think, and I'm pretty sure the majority of the world is hooked so hopefully they'll let some of that slide in. My prediction is that she'll get mean when she and Seth aren't together.

Pinacoloda - I have put myself in Marissa's place, and heck, I'm a year younger than her and my parents spoil me sometimes, but I would never go to the depths of being as self-centered as her. True, Julie didn't think about Marissa, but why can't Julie, who is still quite young and single, live her life!? Maybe w/ Luke was a little wrong, but Julie deserves to have a life outside of her drugged up daughter. Marissa does not think about Julie or Jimmy either. It's mutual, and Marissa has Ryan and Summer to think about her, although she rarely does any thinking about them (well, she thinks about Ryan, but she doesn't consider his feelings half the time..)

As for Marissa realizing that her life ain't so perfect... I honestly suspect that she wants it to be not-so-perfect. Who wouldn't want to get away from that plastic life, and earn the sympathy of others, and get rescued by a hot guy every time?

Running away from your problems, is never dealing with them.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimba:
<STRONG>I HATE HATE HATE that Ryan is attached to this melodramatic whiny annoying character played by a mediocre actress that can't even manage to make me feel during her supposed *breakdown* scene.</STRONG>
WORD! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hah! Ryan? Hott? Where? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited SATiNribbon ]
SATiNribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sethela! The Nana needs to be my Nana. Hailey needs to fix her hair and not wear ugly green off-shoulder shirts. Kirsten can teach her how to dress. Her Shiny!Shirt looked really good on her.

I am glad Rosa the She's-There-But-Never-Seen housekeeper is still around. Kirsten even knows where she keeps "the sheets that don't feel so fancy"! Hee.

Man, I love how the writer of this episode expects us to believe that any dress of Theresa's could possibly fit Marissa. Yeah, and I'm really Rachel Bilson.

I love the prayer (?) of the wine at the end. My mom's friend married this Jewish guy, and their little boy was raised Jewish. When I saw him today, I made him recite the prayer of the wine. Hah! I am a great big O.C. dork!

Um, why did it not occur to anyone (Ryan? Seth? Summer? Luke? Julie?) to tell Jimmy that Marissa was missing? Unless Jimmy did know, but he just didn't give a rat's ass? In which case, I don't blame him. If Marissa was my daughter, I'd get sick and tired of her dramatic tirade after awhile, too.

I'm glad Kaitlin wasn't at Grandma's House this episode. She was in the kitchen. Therefore, No, Luke, you can't come in, who knows, you just might make a move on Kaitlin, too.

Adam, I want to hold you in my arms and let you cry. Your scene with Linda Lavin in Seth's room was so heart wrenching. I could feel a tear coming. "Are you scared?" "What do you think?" "Well dad always said you're not scared of anything." "Your father doesn't know me as well as he think he does." "Your the one that doesn't want to stick around. Whose fault is that?" (read: I did this from the top of my head, so sue me if the lines are wrong and out of order.)

Summer and her Carrots. The perfect pairing in primetime television. She just CRUNCHES! them. It's cute. Her learning all those Jewish words and pronouncing it all wrong and having a Hebrew Hernia was cute, too.

Ryan, if those 'Scenes From the Next Episode' were of you actually making out with Marissa as opposed to a dream, I just might have to smack the living daylight out of you. Because really, we all know she's just using you for a little while until she can find another not-so-cool kid to hang out with and hold onto really, really tightly.

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited SATiNribbon ]
SATiNribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>
Kat - I totally see where you're coming from. Summer's spice has definetly turned into sugar lately. But I expect S/S to have some ups and downs in which Summer will return to her roots. They softened her to get more people to root for her w/ Seth I think, and I'm pretty sure the majority of the world is hooked so hopefully they'll let some of that slide in. My prediction is that she'll get mean when she and Seth aren't together.
</STRONG>

Yeah, someone has a quote in their sig, where someone mentions that Summer used to be the "sarcastic ice queen" and turned into a "mushy romantic" or something of the like. I loved the sarcastic ice queen. Reminded me a lot of Season1 Joey from DC (even though I eventually started hating Joey too! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) I agree that the writers totally softened her up for Seth, so that people would root for them to be together. I've never really been sold on the Seth/Summer relationship, so that might also have something to do with it... So I guess I'll just have to hope that they break up so that she can be mean again! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

I think thats me with the sig [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Summer is a legend!!!

I think Summer is still very sarcastic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] She is so funny and sweet, while still having that edge of hers [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Summer hasn't changed really, she has always been like that on the in side. Seth has brought out the real Summer! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] And the real Summer KICKS ASS!

WHAT HAPPENED IS.....SHE HAS FALLEN IN LOVE!

[ 04-02-2004: Message edited haydensgirl ]

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
haydensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:34 AM
Banned

Okay I'm not going to analyse the episode since a few have done that already. I'll just mention a few of my favourite scenes:

Adam Brody in the entire opening sequence was in a word perfect. From his falling asleep, to his "resting his back" excuse, calling Luke on the situation being his fault and his CLEAR avoidance of Julie's eyes like he was just WAY too embarrassed for her and himself to even look at her. However none of that comes close to his speedy flight when Julie asks to speak to Ryan in private. I half expected the boy to knock Luke down in his haste to escape that place. Basically he captured all the believable reactions SO well. You could tell Seth's embarrassment for Julie over the situation and uncomfortableness.

I LOVED the scene when Seth and Summer are on his bed and he's calling Ryan. I loved all S/S scenes but this one just made me laugh so much. Here's Seth stressing to Ryan to come home because The Nana is *mean* again and Ryan is stressing over Julie threatning him, Eddie doing the same and Marissa not wanting to come home, etc. Yet all that's going on and you hear Summer in the most freaking cheerful voice going "why is this night different from all other nights." I can't explain why but that just had me cracking up.

I too loved the Summer/Kirsten moment. It's nice when people who don't usually see interact do. It gives you a sense of these kids' lives aren't completely separate from their parents. Well to be honest, that's really just the case with Seth. Nice to see anyway.

The Nana was brilliantly cast and portrayed. Favourite scene with her is tough because I loved them all but it'd have to be a tie between when she goes on her California hate rant and when she talks to Sethela in his room.

While Marissa didn't bug me AS much as usual, I completely understand why persons were bothered with her. It wasn't so much her running away, but her running away to Chino and basically bringing her drama into the people's lives. When Luke showed up and she slapped him and the whole arguing thing I was so embarrassed for her and Ryan. I mean to bring your crazy home-life drama to the people's place and on the day of their engagement party was just out of line.

I was also bugged by the fact that it seemed Jimmy had no clue his daughter was even gone. Yeah that's parenting for you. The only thing I can figure is she was supposed to spend the weekend with her mom, so he figured she was there and Ryan and co. didn't want to tell him she was missing because then they'd have to say why. Still it DIDNOT look good that while his daughter is having another big, dramatic meltdown (what else is new), he's thinking of hooking up with someone.
lleykian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

* This is going to be short cause I've got to go... *

Seth & Summer -&gt; Amen! Wow! Yes! I love these two so much together. Adam and Rachel have all the best scenes. I was eating while I watched and that "I'll out jew you!" line made me about choke, lmao. Well, what more is there to say? They're perfect.

Ryan & Marissa: OMG, in honer of Summer..."Ewww!"...lol. I seriously hate these two together. I used to love them but now Marissa is just getting on my nerves. It's always about her, who gives a crap!?! Ryan deserves much better...like Teresa! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sandy & Kirsten: Still the best couple on the show. I love all their scenes, although I wish their were more. I also thought it was so sweet when Kirsten tried to comfort Sandy when he found out his mom had cancer. These two are seriously the best actors on the show.

Hailey & Jimmy: Cute, very cute! I like...

Luke: He got slapped, hell ya! haha

Julie: Hmmm...one word...B*TCH!

Eddie and Teresa: Break up already, I want Ryan and Teresa!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimba:
<STRONG>SpikeslilAngel - you're missing the point. I don't CARE if Ryan loves or obsesses or whatever he feels for Marissa. It doesn't make her worthy. It doesn't make her less annoying. And if the Ryan/Theresa chemistry IS accidental, it's a damn shame that it outshines the "chosen" couple.

As for Eddie...um, sitting outside Theresa's hotel room watching is stalkerish. Following her to a party and trying to drag her out is stalkerish. From what I've seen, he's mentally unhinged. Thus making him perfect for MARISSA.

Kimba</STRONG>
I think you're the one missing the point. A person is allowed to have a differing opinion. I just have one thing to say. Have you ever had someone you love leave without explanation? Without giving you a reason why? If you haven't then you have no place to talk and if you have then you also know that you'd do anything to find them...Including being a little stalkerish. I'm not even saying I like Eddie or his actions, I'm just saying that I understand why he did those things. I don't understand Why he acts the way he does, but he's a character.

and as for bashing Misha. I'm not Marissa's biggest fan all the time, but I would never bash an actress because of it.

xoxoxoxoxo
*marissa*

Brooke & Lucas: There are eighty-two letters in here… and they’re all addressed to you
*Marissa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

I typically try to keep my personal life out of FICTIONAL scenarios, but to answer your question, YES, I have. And NO, I did not turn into a stalker or follow them around or show up where I thought they may be.

Where I live, stalking is illegal. And again, um...hello, PRIDE.

Lastly, you still miss the point. I have no problem with you having a differing opinion. But you made a generalization about mine, and I wanted to clear it up by expanding on my thoughts.

And I didn't bash Mischa. I said she can't act. That's a critique. Or really, more like a fact, but whatever. Bashing would be to talk about her physical appearance and/or personality- which I've stayed away from.

Kimba

[ 04-02-2004: Message edited Kimba ]

[ 04-02-2004: Message edited Kimba ]
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SATiNribbon:
<STRONG>Man, I love how the writer of this episode expects us to believe that any dress of Theresa's could possibly fit Marissa.</STRONG>
Yeah, I found it really hard to suspend my disbelief there, too. Same in a previous episode where Theresa fit into a dress of Marissa's.

And I'm probably the only one, but I just rolled my eyes when Cohen woke up and said something like It's my Precious, you can't have it. Since he's become famous for his "witty" ad-libs, I just figured that was him trying to be funny again. It didn't look real.

I also didn't like him standing up to Luke. A few months ago he was afraid of Luke, and although I know that Luke has sort of become a friend, I just thought Cohen was being a bit TOO brave. If Luke had gotten mad enough, he could have belted Seth and when you look at the difference in their sizes and muscle tone, believe me, Seth would feel it. And I wouldn't have blamed Luke for wanting to shut Seth's smart mouth up.
storygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by storygirl:
<STRONG>
I also didn't like him standing up to Luke. A few months ago he was afraid of Luke, and although I know that Luke has sort of become a friend, I just thought Cohen was being a bit TOO brave. If Luke had gotten mad enough, he could have belted Seth and when you look at the difference in their sizes and muscle tone, believe me, Seth would feel it. And I wouldn't have blamed Luke for wanting to shut Seth's smart mouth up.</STRONG>
Personally I never found that Seth was SO afraid of Luke. Yes Luke with six or so other dumb, big jocks behind him was intimidating but this is the same Seth who even faced with the possibility of being beaten up by them was responding to Luke. Yes many times he mumbled the insults under his breath but he was very much a smart-ass to Luke LONG before the two became pseudo-acquaintances. Hell in the episode when Luke found out about his dad, at the start when Luke makes his gay reference towards him; Seth very much responds to him about getting some new material. Basically Seth was ALWAYS a smart-ass about Luke and his body waxing, water polo-playing self. Ryan coming into his life gave him a bit more confidence to if nothing else mumble his insults at Luke a little louder. Luke losing all his friends and becoming a guitar-strumming weirdo gave him COMPLETE confidence to tell him what he feels when and how. Let's face it there's little scary about a guy who at the moment has no one BUT them.

Now as for Seth mouthing off to Luke. I'm sorry but the kids were all tired and hadn't slept much. Yes Seth was sleeping when they entered but who knows when he fell asleep, trying to wait up in case Marissa called. It's the same reason Luke himself was so cranky too. They were all exhausted. So okay the kid falls asleep and Luke goes on this whole rant at him. Well I'm sorry mix lack of sleep and general irritation towards someone and NO ONE would be in a good mood and therefore I thought Seth's reaction was very believable.

Plus he was right, if Luke hadn't stupidly slept with the person's mother; none of this would be happening. Now people have to be losing sleep, worrying, driving around, etc looking for Marissa and he Luke wants to get huffy at Seth? I'm sorry I would not have been as calm as Seth was towards Luke. Plus the other reason I liked this scene is because many persons have complained about how they're making all the kids friends and I've personally found that Seth really only tolerates Luke. Ryan is determined to be nice to him and include him and so Seth's too nice to tell him to go away. Witness his constant snide comments about Luke being practically a caveman, his being upset when Ryan invited Luke over during what should have been Seth/Ryan time. All in all I loved the exchange between the two. Both were exhausted, pissy and since they aren't exactly the best of friends, took it out on each other. Makes sense to me.
lleykian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ryan & Marissa: OMG, in honer of Summer..."Ewww!"...lol. I seriously hate these two together. I used to love them but now Marissa is just getting on my nerves. It's always about her, who gives a crap!?! Ryan deserves much better...like Teresa!
That's interesting cuz I think Marissa and Theresa are both similar, just have different backgrounds. They both have problems and they deal with em by running away. Then of course Ryan intervenes and tries to save both of em.
iwantpinacolada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread