Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

The Nana Episode Discussion

Episode Number 23
First Aired March 31, 2004
Production Code 122

Guest Stars: Linda Lavin (as Sophie "Nana" Cohen) Navi Rawat (as Theresa) Eric Balfour (as Eddie) Amanda Righetti (as Hailey Nichol)

Synopsis
Nana Cohen comes to California for Passover with some tragic news. Ryan searches for Marissa, who'd gone missing after learning Julie and Luke's secret, and he finds her in the most unlikely of places. Summer tries to impress Nana. Jimmy and Hailey take a step forward.

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Absolute Fan

BEST EP EVER !!!!!!!!!!!
fav quotes [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] may not be exactually the same, I forget things )

Ryan : So how is Chino?
Marissa : I think I can get into more trouble where I'm from !
[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
~~~
Ryan( about Marissa) : What about Katilin? Your Dad? and Summer? And what about me? what will I do without you, I mean it will take me awhile to get over it!
[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
~~~
Seth : IT's my precious, don't take it away from me!

~~~
AND OF COURSE ALL THE S/S QUOTES!! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
~~~~
Sandy : So how was it at home ?
Ryan : You tell me, I was in CHino
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And One Pic:

* Diane * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Extreme Fan

It's currently airing in the US as we speak, but I saw it last night. Anyways, I actually teared up a bit when "The Nana" told Sandy and Kirstin that she had advanced lung cancer and she has 4-6 months tops to live. *sniff*

Oh and I LOVE that Summer is proud to be Seth's girlfriend. She wanted to meet his Nana, she brought macaroons (sp?). I love it!

Glad to see Theresa in this episode, although I don't know how I feel about her getting married in June when I want her with Ryan!!

I'll add more later so I don't ruin anything yet [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mischa is a horrible actress. Marissa sucks. And their continued pimping of this character at the expense of more vibrant characters (see: Ryan, Theresa, even EDDIE) is just going to make me hate her even more and then drive me to not watch this show.

Seriously, how freaking self-involved IS this chick. AS Eddie pointed out, she went to the one place where ONLY Ryan would look for her, because she's a drama queen who wanted to be found. She ruined Eddie and Theresa's day because she wanted some friggin attention.

And really...WHY did she run away?? She doesn't live with Julie. She lives with JIMMY.

And I don't care WHAT Julie did, it's beyond time that Julie smack the ish outta her daughter for her uppity self-righteous attitude. Julie isn't the one running away every time she gets a friggin hang nail.

I HATE HATE HATE that Ryan is attached to this melodramatic whiny annoying character played by a mediocre actress that can't even manage to make me feel during her supposed *breakdown* scene.

Seriously, can she just DIE already?

* The Nana rocks. I got teary eyed when she told them she was gonna die. And I get even more teary eyed when she and Seth talked. Seth rocks.

* Summer is just too perfect. Seriously, she is a wonderful girlfriend to Seth, and they are just too adorable.

* Jimmy and Hailey...OMG, I'm sold. Just perfect mix of sexiness and amusement.

* Kirsten and Sandy continue to be the best parents to ever grace tv.

* Poor Luke. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

* I hate that they put Theresa at SEVENTEEN back with a man who STALKED HER and are rushing them off to marriage. WTF is that about? But even with that, Ryan and Theresa had more real heartfelt angst and emotion in that scene in the backyard that Ryan's had with Marissa like EVER.

Lastly, when I think of all the potential and real relationships that have existed on The OC, all have been fantastic, except ones that have Marissa in them.

Why couldn't Oliver have just killed her and put ME out of my misery?

Kimba
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Summer didn't really annoy me in this episode.

Seth's face when he heard his Nana had cancer. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Love Seth.

Ryan/Marissa: ::swoooooon:: So cute. But will the Marissa-falls-apart/Ryan-picks-up-the-pieces storyline please end? Now.

Marissa: Get theeself back in therapy. Please.

Theresa! They have straightening irons in Chino? Love the hair. Why are you marrying Eddie? I don't care if he loves you, he's creep-y.

Sandy and Kirsten: Love! I love these guys. We finally found out something about Kiki's mom, yay! I feel bad for Sandy.

Jimmy/Hailey: [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] They're so cute. Amanda Righetti is so pretty. Her smile... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

the Seth/Nana scene in his bedroom. Oh God, i teared up.

Summer is sooo cute. I love you Rachel Bilson

Did Seth say "Dont touch my precious, they're mine"? Adam mumbled that.

Seriously, The Nana is my fav episode. So much good stuff, i couldnt name it all

"I'm gonna study this thing so hard, i'm even gonna out-jew you!" - Summer [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Damn, I took and nap at 8pm and just woke up. ARGHHHHHHH
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Personally Kimba I believe that the Theresa/Ryan scenes were more two close friends/former lovers saying their goodbye. They had some nice scenes and it was good to see closure. They still obviously care about one another, but not in the be all and end all way. They both have moved on and Ryan still obviously loves Marissa. He came to get her. Period.

And as for Eddie. I personally do not think he was a stalker when he came looking for Theresa. He was however very much the jilted fiance, and he did what any normal guy would do. He went looking for her. End of story. But I could see how that could get confused with stalking [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I thought the marissa/ryan scenes were adorable and I love how when the moment calls for it Ryan knows just what to say. They obviously have unresolved feelings and I am looking forward to the kiss. I may be in a minority but I still love them...

Seth/Summer/The Nana were great. Loved the interaction and loved how summer wanted to impress "The Nana". Seth and Summer get cuter and cuter everyday! I LOVE THEM!

The Nana scenes broke my heart. Good to see where Sandy came from [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for those who think Marissa got what she deserved. No one and I repeat no one deserves to have their ex-boyfriend sleep with their mother. I don't care how angry I was with her, I do not believe she deserved that. End of story. Those of you who do...Its your opinion and you are entitled to it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the things Ryan said to Marissa. They were perfect. He is perfect. God, I love Ryan!

Luke and Julie got what they deserved. It's gonna take time for Marissa to forgive...And that is completely normal.

Marissa/Ryan/Seth/Summer- I love this group together. Their short scene was adorable.

I must admit that I looooooove Jimmy/Haley! Looooove love love them! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

All and all "The Nana" was a great episode! BRAVO! Gotta love The O.C.! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

xoxoxoxoxo
*marissa*

Brooke & Lucas: There are eighty-two letters in here… and they’re all addressed to you
*Marissa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimba:
<STRONG>Mischa is a horrible actress. Marissa sucks. And their continued pimping of this character at the expense of more vibrant characters (see: Ryan, Theresa, even EDDIE) is just going to make me hate her even more and then drive me to not watch this show.

Seriously, how freaking self-involved IS this chick. AS Eddie pointed out, she went to the one place where ONLY Ryan would look for her, because she's a drama queen who wanted to be found. She ruined Eddie and Theresa's day because she wanted some friggin attention.

And really...WHY did she run away?? She doesn't live with Julie. She lives with JIMMY.</STRONG>
ITA!! Are you like reading my mind?! Marissa is frickin self-absorbed! She cries way too much! She is constantly running away or doing something stupid like trying to kill herself or befriending a psycho! Was this girl dropped on her head or what?! Seriously the writers should try to give Marissa something new to do other than running away. That doesn't solve anything! I was thinking the same thing! Doesn't Marissa live with Jimmy not Julie? God Julie should really descipline that girl! Julie is still her mother! I mean I wouldn't take that from my daughter.

Quote:
Why couldn't Oliver have just killed her and put ME out of my misery?
I was wondering the same thing!

Anyway on with the ep.

It was sad. I was tearing up when Nana told Sandy and Kirsten she was dying! And when she was talking to Seth.

S/S too cute! Summer is the perfect girlfriend! She was sooo cute learning all the Jewish stuff. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] She cracks me up! Adam & Rachel are too good!

Why must Ryan always run after Marissa? She's not 6 even tho she acts like it when she has those pitiful temper tantrums! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They're quite entertaining!

Poor Luke [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I feel sorry for him! I have a feeling he might leave the O.C.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited that_70s_gurl101 ]
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good.

I don't like Eddie. I don't like Marissa - she just annoyed me and I cheered when Ryan said something about her only thinking about herself. Geeze, Ryan, took you long enough - it's okay though because he looked damn hot in this episode.

The Nana stuff had me tearing up - especially when Seth overheard the conversation between her and Sandy. Adam did an excellant job in that scene.

Summer was too cute in this episode, trying to show how proud she was of Seth.

Poor Luke. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I love Jimmy and Hailey - they are really handling this relationship good so far, let's hope they keep it this way.

As for next week's - a tragic accident? Did anyone else think the person they were lifting on the stretcher was Luke? He had the same body type and I thought I saw blonde hair on the guy.

They better not kill Luke and they will have a very pissed off viewer. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

BWAH with Summer practicing asking the questions, aw the Jew part of me is happy.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

SpikeslilAngel - you're missing the point. I don't CARE if Ryan loves or obsesses or whatever he feels for Marissa. It doesn't make her worthy. It doesn't make her less annoying. And if the Ryan/Theresa chemistry IS accidental, it's a damn shame that it outshines the "chosen" couple.

As for Eddie...um, sitting outside Theresa's hotel room watching is stalkerish. Following her to a party and trying to drag her out is stalkerish. From what I've seen, he's mentally unhinged. Thus making him perfect for MARISSA.

Kimba
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

I teared up in this episode when the Nana told Sandy and Kirsten that she had cancer and then again when the Nana and Seth were talking in his bedroom [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Adam does sad well.

Rachel I love you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] you nail Summer everytime
I love that Summer wanted to impress the Nana.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] when she told Seth that she was going to out jew him.
Adam and Rachel are so cute together and they have great chemistry (unlike another pair on the show)

Theresa I love her I want her to be on the show all the time. Theresa and Ryan have great chemistry and I want them to be together so bad. I hope Ryan stops the wedding.

I agree with everyone that said Mischa can't act.

Kirsten and Sandy rock [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jimmy and Hailey are cute and I can't wait to see what Kirsten does when she finds out about them.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Hot Like Fire ]
Hot Like Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Megan & Mary's (Hee! M&M's) thoughts on the episode... kind of:

Hypergirl9897: Summer is so cute
ihatebreakfast89: She was so adorable with her "outJewing"
Hypergirl9897: yeah
Hypergirl9897: and how she can't pronounce anything
ihatebreakfast89: lol aww
Hypergirl9897: oh Marissa just slapped Luke!
Hypergirl9897: haahahahha
ihatebreakfast89: No one bitchslaps Luke
ihatebreakfast89: I know we were supposed to feel bad for Marissa and be pissed at Luke.. but I felt bad for Luke
Hypergirl9897: I like how they call Seth's dad "The Nana"
Hypergirl9897: seth's mom*******
Hypergirl9897: Sandy's
Hypergirl9897: what is my proble,
Hypergirl9897: problem
Hypergirl9897: DAMN IT
ihatebreakfast89: LOL
ihatebreakfast89: The Nana was cool I thought
ihatebreakfast89: and she liked Summer
Hypergirl9897: well, who doesn't
Hypergirl9897: besides Anna
ihatebreakfast89: Marissa acts like she doesn't like her sometimes
ihatebreakfast89: In my one-track fandom mind, Dr. Tally was a total shoutout to TallyMcKee
Hypergirl9897: hahaha
Hypergirl9897: I didn't think of that
ihatebreakfast89: I'm telling you, one-track mind
Hypergirl9897: well one of these days "duadiddydiddydumdiddydu" is going to be playing in the background
Hypergirl9897: that will be for me
ihatebreakfast89: lol
Hypergirl9897: and maybe Seth hates breakfast
ihatebreakfast89: hahaha
Hypergirl9897: Jimmy looks like he got plugs or something
ihatebreakfast89: Well you know Sandy's obsession with bagels is obviously a shoutout to your love for them
Hypergirl9897: obviously
ihatebreakfast89: Of course
Hypergirl9897: do you think Jimmy dyed his hair
Hypergirl9897: it looks darker
Hypergirl9897: or thicker
ihatebreakfast89: Hmm I didn't notice
Hypergirl9897: I love Jimmy
ihatebreakfast89: I'll look when it airs here
Hypergirl9897: I notice everything about him
ihatebreakfast89: That's a little odd Megan
Hypergirl9897: whatever
Hypergirl9897: you noticed Dr. Tally
ihatebreakfast89: True
ihatebreakfast89: We're both odd
Hypergirl9897: aww Seth and Summer are so cute
Hypergirl9897: awww
Hypergirl9897: yeah we're odd
Hypergirl9897: and cool
ihatebreakfast89: Yes we are, and yes they are
ihatebreakfast89: They need more screentime
Hypergirl9897: previews up next
Hypergirl9897: !!
Hypergirl9897: yeah they do
Hypergirl9897: much like you and me
Hypergirl9897: we need more screen time

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just wanted to add Jimmy/Hailey are awesome they are perfect for each other!! And I also think Mischa can't act! She always runs away! The show should be called "Where in the World is Marissa Cooper?"
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread