Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

I have a lot of respect for Mischa for going to India and recognizing those things about the country's culture, women, and children. I have a soft spot for non-Indian celebrities that build some form of connection with that country because the Indian culture has had a significant influence on my life and spirituality and I am part Indian, and it is rare for non-Indian celebrities (from what I have seen) to delve deeply into that culture.

Congrats to Mischa on her award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl (View Post)
Really? why would Rachel say that
I'm pretty sure she was joking. It was a silly rap song she made. The joke was in poor taste, but still a joke nonetheless.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
I have a lot of respect for Mischa for going to India and recognizing those things about the country's culture, women, and children. I have a soft spot for non-Indian celebrities that build some form of connection with that country because the Indian culture has had a significant influence on my life and spirituality and I am part Indian, and it is rare for non-Indian celebrities (from what I have seen) to delve deeply into that culture.

Congrats to Mischa on her award.

I'm pretty sure she was joking. It was a silly rap song she made. The joke was in poor taste, but still a joke nonetheless.
I was very impressed by her speech. It could have easily been a patronising speech but really wasn't, rather it was insightful and astute.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Here's a relatively new pic of Mischa. She looks healthy, and her dog is so adorable! Her face is always still so pretty without make-up.

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~tammy~ (View Post)
I was very impressed by her speech. It could have easily been a patronising speech but really wasn't, rather it was insightful and astute.
I totally agree!

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 10-24-2014 at 10:34 PM
Old 10-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Loyal Fan

It's likely mischa's weight gain was due to her being on some pills on a long term basis. I've read people have gained weight from taking anxiety pills etc.

There's just no way one can put on so much weight just like that. And it is magnified with Mischa because she used to be so thin and beautiful!

icon by dia89
Old 10-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And it is magnified with Mischa because she used to be so thin and beautiful!
I still think she's beautiful. I don't think it's necessary for her to be thin. That's a Hollywood myth, in my opinion. As long as she is healthy, happy, active, and learns to love herself completely, that is what matters.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I do hope she is happy and healthy. Depression is a difficult thing to tell from the outside and I just hope It's not because of her being on some medication that cause her weight gain. I think lady gaga put on a lot of weight as well which she acknowledged as being on anti depression pills.

As I posted before I think she is still pretty and her face and hair are still gorgeous. It's just strange she could have put on so much weight from just eating? And it's not a myth she will get lesser roles with her size now. I feel so sad for her thinking how she used to look like.

icon by dia89
Old 10-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do hope she is happy and healthy. Depression is a difficult thing to tell from the outside and I just hope It's not because of her being on some medication that cause her weight gain. I think lady gaga put on a lot of weight as well which she acknowledged as being on anti depression pills.

As I posted before I think she is still pretty and her face and hair are still gorgeous. It's just strange she could have put on so much weight from just eating? And it's not a myth she will get lesser roles with her size now. I feel so sad for her thinking how she used to look like.
Yeah, she's still gorgeous. I hope she is happy and healthy too, and I think she seems like she is in a better place now - meaning she seems to have dealt with the troubles in her life. She said she has suffered from depression in the past, so it is possible she took medication, but I don't want to speculate much. When I said "Hollywood myth" what I meant is, that is what Hollywood culture wants us to believe, and it is true that she may have a more difficult time getting roles not being pencil thin, but I don't think that is fair and I hate how Hollywood tries to make it seem like women are only beautiful if they are built like a model. And there are plenty of great, A-List actresses who are not pencil thin, so at the end of the day, I do think it is talent that matters most. I don't think there is anything wrong with Mischa's current body. If she wasn't an actress who played the most beautiful high school TV character in history, it wouldn't even be an issue. I'm sure if she puts on a classy dress, she looks stunning with her current body, and a lot of men prefer a woman with some meat on her bones.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Well ya it's an issue only cause she used to be so thin and looks like a model. I doubt anyone would notice her weight gain otherwise.

I just feel so bad for her .. Because this affects her career.

I just hope she loses it because it is such a pity if she continues like that. Her career will be affected for sure.

icon by dia89

Last edited by baggirl; 10-27-2014 at 11:32 AM
Old 10-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Will it really affect her career though? Not all prominent actresses in Hollywood are built like models. It might keep her from starring on a TV show, but what about movies with profound plots? You don't have to be stick thin to be given a great role in a top notch movie in Hollywood. It is the talent that matters most at the end of the day, right? And Mischa has talent! I think she should do a show like Dancing with the Stars. That could really help boost her career. If she wants to lose the weight, I hope she loses it, of course. But what if she is happy at her current weight? That is always a possibility too, and if she is happy at that weight she shouldn't lose it just to fit in with society's standards of "beauty."
Old 10-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Going back a few posts. I didn't get a chance to reply earlier:

Quote:
OMG Monica, where did you find that? So cute and she was so pretty!
Someone posted it at the Mischa board I'm not sure where they found it.

Quote:
Quote:
I remember Rachel Bilson made this rap video a while ago and there was a little dig against Mischa in it. It went something like "they're asking me where I been, they should be asking about Mischa Barton" and she tore up a picture of Mischa. Wtf??
Really? why would Rachel say that
I don't know I didn't really see the humor in it. The line itself wasn't that scandalous, but the tearing up of Mischa's picture made it worse for me. Why joke like that about a former friend of yours?

The rap video might be on youtube. I haven't checked. I once came across a gifset of the rap video, but I can't find it now.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
Someone posted it at the Mischa board I'm not sure where they found it.
She was such an adorable kid! I saw clips from her movie Lawn Dogs, and she seemed so sweet.

Quote:
I don't know I didn't really see the humor in it. The line itself wasn't that scandalous, but the tearing up of Mischa's picture made it worse for me. Why joke like that about a former friend of yours?
When you put it that way, I can see what you mean. I remember seeing the rap video a long time ago, when it first came out, and I think I remember being pretty annoyed by that part of the rap song. I think the song in general was pretty funny, but that part wasn't, and I am pretty sure even when it first came out I spoke out about not liking that Rachel went there. But I do not remember Rachel ripping up the photo. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the video close enough. Regardless, I agree that it was completely unnecessary for Rachel to include that part in her rap song, and it's not something a friend would do unless first contacting Mischa to let her know and ask her permission to make the joke in a video. That is completely possible, but if she didn't contact Mischa, then it comes off very negatively, especially because Mischa was going through a tough time in her life at that time I think.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Fan

This is the moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gocJrXzf7U#t=60

It's pretty shady, I alway feels a little uncomfortable. In the grand scheme of things, probably doesn't mean much but at the same time, not the nicest thing to do.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, wow. I really never noticed she rips the picture up. I had only remember the lyrics. That isn't a nice thing to do. Thanks for posting that, Tammy!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Loyal Fan

What is this video for to begin with? Was it made to promote the show? And I cannot think of a duller show to watch no offense to Rachel. I can't believe also that Friday night lights actor whose name now escapes me went from one of the best show on tv to this dull acting role.

I couldn't watch through that video it was that dumb! I fast forwarded but it went too fast that I wld have miss Rachel tearing the photo

icon by dia89
Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What is this video for to begin with? Was it made to promote the show? And I cannot think of a duller show to watch no offense to Rachel. I can't believe also that Friday night lights actor whose name now escapes me went from one of the best show on tv to this dull acting role.

I couldn't watch through that video it was that dumb! I fast forwarded but it went too fast that I wld have miss Rachel tearing the photo
It was a Funny or Die video. Rachel didn't write the lyrics. I think the guy who used to be on Friday Night Lights did. They were just being silly if memory serves me right.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread