Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Vampire Diaries S&S #391: Vampire Diaries? More like Julierotica Fanfic.

Season 6 Spoilers

6x22 - I'm Thinking Of You All The While - May 14th
PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP I | WEBCLIP II
GOODBYE, MYSTIC FALLS — In the aftermath of Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo’s (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) powerful nuptials, things take a dramatic turn when an uninvited guest shows up, leaving Elena (Nina Dobrev) in terrible jeopardy. Despite Matt’s (Zach Roerig) advice to leave town to protect herself, a defiant Bonnie (Kat Graham) takes matters into her own hands after finding herself on the receiving end of a twisted plan. As Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) reach an emotional crossroad in their relationship, a reunion with Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) leaves Tyler (Michael Trevino) faced with a decision that could change his life forever. Meanwhile, Lily's (guest star Annie Wersching) reckless actions cause Stefan to realize the lengths to which his mother will go to reunite with her “family.†Finally, after a devastating chain of events, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is forced to make the most difficult decision of his life. Michael Malarkey also stars.
Directed by Chris Grismer
Written by Caroline Dries and Julie Plec

Spoilers/Tweets:
CD and JP wrote it | Finale teasers | Massive fallout over the cure | Magazine Scan

General Spoilers: (most recent first)
Forwood scenes/Lily-Enzo hookup possible | May Sweeps | Caroline's next move and other steroline crap | Flash forward in the finale? | Lily turned Enzo...no one is all that shocked | Julie Plec responds to DE and other hilarious mean tweets | Will Enzo make a love connection...with some chopsticks? | Enzo Death Flashbacks | Nina Dobrev Finally Free Of TVD | Steroline sex scene confirmed by Ian | Nonsense about Enzo | Julie asks the fans questions | Postmortem Jeremy's goodbye | Julie gets answers from the fans | Steamy hook up | Badass Bonnie is coming | JPs twitter spoilers for the new year | JP talks about DE rain kiss | Steroline angst/friendship | DE!angst/Defan bromance and probably a sob story for Kai | Crossover and DE scoop | Luke's/Liv's coven will be a big part in the mythology tsunami | Fall TV Spoiler | Dinner with Paul | One sided Steroline | Not much for Delena, clarity about Steroline early on | Pic from the Promo Shoot | Ian is going to direct an episode | Season 6 Summary | Stefan/Damon flashbacks? | Delena fanservice after twitter harassment | Ian tweet in Damon costume | JP is going to direct a TVD episode and early crossover with The Originals | Who Might Be Leaving TVD? | Enzo makes a human acquaintance | Where Bonnie & Damon Are Might Not Matter | Who is the "Big Bad" of Season 6? | Possible Delena Summer Flashbacks | Elena as an intern and Jeremy helps the new girl | Caroline's Struggle | Where We Left Off | Boss on new bond for Ian Somerhalder’s Damon | Season 6 Time Jump, Relationships, and Stefan’s New Journey | Will Elena Thwart Steroline? | Comic-Con 2014 Live Blog | Bonnie and Damon's Comic-Con Plea | Grey's Anatomy Diaries | Stefan looks for comfort at a surprising source | Comic Con Panel | Bonnie will be back | Paul would like Steroline-Sex | Ian will return for S6

Casting News:
Annie Wersching as Lily | Tristin Mays as real!Sarah Salvatore | Chris Wood as Kai | Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as Jo | Marco James as Liam | Jayson Warner Smith as a hot rod shop owner | Emily C. Chang as Ivy | Colin Ferguson as Tripp

Cast/EP Interviews:
Julie Plec JustJared 04/06 | E!News 07/24 | Zap2it 07/22 | Zap2it 07/21 | KSite 07/19 | TV Guide 07/18 | Zap2it 05/18 | InsideTV 05/16 | TVline 05/16
Caroline Dries EOnline 12/11 | TV Guide 12/11 | TV Guide 10/30
Ian Somerhalder MTV 03/12
Nina Dobrev HitFix 07/30 | Tencent 07/06 | TV Guide 05/19
Michael Trevino Zap2it 06/13
Chris Wood Hollywoodreporter 10/30
Kat Graham Eonline 04/30 | Access Hollywood 04/30 | EW 04/30 | Hollywood Reporter 04/30 | TV Guide 04/30

Introduction Post:

Message to our regular posters:

Near Future of the Posters of this Thread:
Happy 200th TVD Episode brought to you by Babi

Perfect description of every episode:

Credit: mmmbacon

Future Thread Titles:
In Damon's D we trust
#DenzoRainKiss2016
Previously on The Damon Kills People Diaries...

avi: NOLA504
Old 06-19-2015, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Got the title from the future titles list.

Continue
avi: NOLA504
Old 06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread .
Old 06-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But it happens a lot in real life that people are friends with purely platonic feelings and its only when both single and the friendship threatened in some way, people feel jealous or someone says something that they start to see someone in a real light. It is much more representative of true life than the Bella/Edward, Stefan/Elena fantasy couples. Personally I found Stefan/Elena boring although I found human Elena boring overall. I'm willing to give Stefan/Caroline a chance as we haven't seen them as a couple. I don't want to write a couple off before I have seen them

Eh Edward and Bella and Stelena are two different couples.. why they want to compare them I dont know .
Old 06-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

I'm surprised Caroline doesn't have the same concerns about not ageing and having to move on to somewhere else some day as Elena did.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Eh Edward and Bella and Stelena are two different couples.. why they want to compare them I dont know .
The way othfan used them as examples, their operative likeness is obvious. The similarity relevant to the comparison is how you only needed to watch ten minutes of the pilot of TVD or ten minutes of the first Twilight film to know that they'd get together and more or less predict the issues they'd struggle with.

Personally I don't know how a couple can get more boring than that.
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
The way othfan used them as examples, their operative likeness is obvious. The similarity relevant to the comparison is how you only needed to watch ten minutes of the pilot of TVD or ten minutes of the first Twilight film to know that they'd get together and more or less predict the issues they'd struggle with.

Personally I don't know how a couple can get more boring than that.
The plot isnt the same.. considering with books.. TVD came out way before twilight did..

The differences is yes EB and SE fell for each other, but it was alot differnet seeing that Bella wanted to literally become a vampire right in that instant where as elena didn't become one until later she was with Stefan for awhile before they did that.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

@OTHfan I don't quite understand how you mean the "hints" were written, have you seen the scripts or something? If that's the case, then written or not, the "hints" were not there for me, and just as you found Stelena boring, I find Steroline boring, although Stefan and Caroline are two of my Fav characters on TVD lol

@Telepath that was a funny picture lol epsically since I remember those scenes themselves being a complete contrast to the actual meme, I love how creative people are in fandoms, I love scrolling through memes for shows and Movies, people can come up with some funny things based on a single screen cap or gif, if you are aware of Arrows Stephen amell, he has a meme Monday on FB and they are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh
Old 06-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I never understand why some go on and on about friends falling for eachother resembling real life way more and thus making a great storyline...
Yes it happens in real life that friends end up together but in my experience thats not often andmore the exception than the rule.

Mostly it was just a friendship to begin with because one or both were not available. In my exerience its mostly starts with a 'we really dig eachother and would be a couple right now if we were available, but since I respect your relationship, lets be friends for now' kinda friendship.
People that became friends because they get along but without feeling the romantic chemistry (like Stefan inthis case, since he did make it perfectly clear he didnt like her that way) imho dont suddenly develop those romantic feelings, chemistry.
Just no, I've seen friends in situatiins where one of the two wanted more (and I know those feelings were there from the start) and figure that might actually happen when the other became available (because that person got of his/her relationship or became emotionaly available). But how much the other thinks 'yeah you're a great fit, you're my bestie, we are a great match', if the attraction and chemistry wasnt there from the start it just doesnt happen... Its doomed to fail and quite often it ends in a friendship lost.
Sure sometimes a relationship does happen, despite the lacking chemistry/attraction but mostly thats just one of them settling (not believing they will find the head over heels happines anymore, being burned to many times, the security financial or emotional etc).
And while a relationship with people settling with eachother can work irl (my parent are an example of that). I for one could never and I certainly dont want it happening on a fictional tv show, happening to my fav character.

Klaus & Caroline ♥ Matthew & Mary ♥ Hook & Emma♥ 10 & Rose ♥
Castle & Beckett ♥ Logan & Veronica ♥ Spike & Buffy
Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I compare them, as to me, they are very similar couples and both equally as dull! In particular, I found human Elena annoying like I found Bella annoying.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Stefan has a better personality than Edward.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinty (View Post)
Mostly it was just a friendship to begin with because one or both were not available. In my exerience its mostly starts with a 'we really dig eachother and would be a couple right now if we were available, but since I respect your relationship, lets be friends for now' kinda friendship.
Sure. This is not far from the situation between Stefan and Caroline as it has played out over the show.
Quote:
People that became friends because they get along but without feeling the romantic chemistry (like Stefan inthis case, since he did make it perfectly clear he didnt like her that way) imho dont suddenly develop those romantic feelings, chemistry.
You can't just cherrypick scenes to suit your argument without looking at the big picture.

Stefan told Caroline that "you and me, it's not gonna happen" because she was drunk coming on to him at a party and he was unhealthily obsessed over a girl that looked exactly like his dead girlfriend. During the entire Elena debacle he was unavailable but still he literally saved her life when helping her after her transition and numerous times afterwards, displaying an uncharacteristic tenderness towards her compared to any other girl.

When he lost his memories he came on to her as soon as he saw her, since this was the first time since they met that he was really free of the doppelganger baggage; however Caroline was occupied with her fling with Jesse and didn't reciprocate (and likely wouldn't anyway while he was in that state.) Like Stefan, she has rarely been truly "available" which sort of explains why they didn't allow anything more develop between them.

The foreshadowing for the couple has been massive, with a typical example being their conversation during the dance in season 4 more or less playing out line by line over the following seasons.

Then we have Lexi teasing him about them being attracted to each other. (The fact that his discussion with the latter was never brought up is frankly puzzling.) Yes, Stefan said that he "didn't think about her that way" in season 6 when he was being crossfired about it by both Damon and Alaric but a few episodes later he comes to her and says, and I quote:

"I don't know when it became more than friendship, but it did, and it scared me, so I pushed it away, but here we are."

The sexual chemistry between the actors has always been there. I challenge you to watch all their scenes in "Bird in a gilded cage" and then deny that with an honest face.

Just as an example, I really dislike Klaus and Caroline. I think it's a toxic, unhealthy and abusive relationship, and I find it supremely ironic when Klaroline shippers come out and criticize Steroline for being "one-sided" given that Caroline has never been shown as being in love with Klaus - in fact, with very few exceptions she's despised him. Nevertheless, I would never come out and claim that the actors have "no chemistry" or that the characters have been written as having "no attraction" to each other. The show canon simply doesn't support that claim no matter if I like it or not.

Last edited by Telepath; 06-20-2015 at 02:54 AM Reason: ETF
Old 06-20-2015, 05:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinty (View Post)
I never understand why some go on and on about friends falling for eachother resembling real life way more and thus making a great storyline...
Yes it happens in real life that friends end up together but in my experience thats not often andmore the exception than the rule.

Just no, I've seen friends in situatiins where one of the two wanted more (and I know those feelings were there from the start) and figure that might actually happen when the other became available (because that person got of his/her relationship or became emotionaly available). But how much the other thinks 'yeah you're a great fit, you're my bestie, we are a great match', if the attraction and chemistry wasnt there from the start it just doesnt happen... Its doomed to fail and quite often it ends in a friendship lost.
Sure sometimes a relationship does happen, despite the lacking chemistry/attraction but mostly thats just one of them settling (not believing they will find the head over heels happines anymore, being burned to many times, the security financial or emotional etc).
And while a relationship with people settling with eachother can work irl (my parent are an example of that). I for one could never and I certainly dont want it happening on a fictional tv show, happening to my fav character.
Well it's happened to me, 2 friends and a friend of a friend...so, yes, it does happen in real life and sorry, but you are wrong. Just because it doesn't or hasn't happen to yo; it is ignorant to ignore the rest of the world! Even outside of my own experience, it is one of the most documented success stories of couples! What society have you lived in where this doesn't exist?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread