Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Just read the same thing somewhere else. I am so excited about this!

"Twin Peaks" 3rd Season Doubled: Badalamenti Returns!,
Old 06-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Kyle MacLachlan talks to the Wall Street Journal

Quote:
The last time we saw Agent Cooper, not including Lynch’s companion film “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me,” he was trapped in the mysterious Black Lodge while an evil, cackling version of Cooper was set to run amok in the town of Twin Peaks. McLachlan, whose return to the role was announced in January, said he hasn’t read the scripts for the new series of episodes, but he said that what he knows is exciting, and that he will head to Los Angeles in a few days to sit down and “move through it.”

“David and I have spoken a little bit. He’s asked me to be pretty tight-lipped about what we discussed,” the actor said. “He hasn’t talked in great detail about relationships, or who or what or who with, those kinds of questions, but what he said specifically about the character has made me really, really excited to get back into that world.”

MacLachlan said the most exciting thing about the project, however, is that he’ll be working again with Lynch.

“It’s been such a long time since I’ve actually worked with David Lynch,” he said. “Our friendship is strong, and our working relationship is something I’m really excited to get back into.”

MacLachlan said he heard filming could begin in September or October, although he cautioned that it is not written anywhere yet. Indeed, Showtime said that a production start date has yet to be set, even though pre-production is under way.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-04-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this will be interesting.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
this will be interesting.
Agreed, Rachel
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3 seasons already?
Old 06-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
3 seasons already?
Some of the press is probably calling it season 3 because the original show had 2 seasons.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Having recently purchased the series on DVD this past winter very excited for return of this show.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Interview with Kyle MacLachlan:

Quote:
What was your initial reaction to this idea of revisiting Agent Cooper on Twin Peaks?

Well I was surprised. I’d always harbored, I guess, a fantasy that I might be able to revisit the character in some way–Dale Cooper. I so enjoyed him and he was such an interesting mix of…he’s just a complex person. I didn’t know what form that would take. I said “I hope it happens,” but there was no real campaign on my part to try and get David to do anything. But David and I are friends, so we would sometimes get together and have a cup of coffee and we’d reminisce and talk about stuff. I’d always say, “you ever think about it?” Nothing much would come of it. We would remember back and have a good laugh. We talk a lot about those things, people we worked with from Dune and Blue Velvet and all that. So we share this great history, and it’s fun to revisit it from time to time over a cup of coffee. So I was completely surprised when David said, “it looks like we’re going to return,” and I was very excited for two reasons really. One is the character of Dale Cooper, which is a lot of fun and the world of Twin Peaks. Secondly, the chance to work with David again because we haven’t worked together as actor/director for 25 years roughly. So it’s been a while. I missed that relationship very much.

You start filming in September?

Yeah. Sort of the rough answer is fall–September, October. That’s when they anticipate beginning the process. That’s what I’ve heard to this point.

If you’ve read any of it can you share any initial impressions?

I have read a couple but I can’t share anything with you. I would love to, believe me. I can certainly say without hesitation, it’s going to be amazing.
Kyle MacLachlan On ‘Twin Peaks’ Revival: ‘It’s Going To Be Amazing’ | Deadline
Old 06-25-2015, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Excited for this show. I am glad a number of shows from youth are making a comeback next year. Kyle's interview was a nice read.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Twin Peaks to premiere in 2017, says Mark Frost, co-creator | EW.com
Quote:
Twin Peaks revival to premiere in 2017, says co-creator

Fans may have to wait a spell before that long-awaited cup of damn fine coffee. The cult hit’s third season, which has been 25 years in the making, was thought to be coming to Showtime in 2016. However, according to Frost, the show’s co-creator, we’ll have to wait a bit longer before we see Agent Dale Cooper back in action.

While touring the National Baseball Hall of Fame with his 11-year-old son, Frost outlined the challenges inherent in bringing back the show following such a long absence given the inevitable fan expectations that come along with it.

“The challenge for us is to try and come back and raise the bar above what we did the last time. We’re coming back with season 3 of Twin Peaks after a 25-year absence,” he told the Hall of Fame senior curator, Tom Shieber, in a piece unearthed by Uproxx. “We’ve finished the scripts, we start production in September, and that will be coming out on Showtime in 2017.”

At this point, what’s one more year?

And in case the excitement of the ensuing batch of new episodes is starting to wan, here’s something to keep you going: A Frost-penned Twin Peaks book will debut next year, chronicling the quarter-century between seasons.

Slip on a cardigan and cuddle up with a log — it’s going to be a long couple of years.

When reached by EW, Showtime had no comment at the time of publication.

Last edited by CityGal; 07-21-2015 at 07:21 PM
Old 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
MST Manager

Thanks much, Christine.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me too!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

2017?! WHY.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 08-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

From Michael Ausiello:

Quote:
Question: Since David Lynch returned to the Twin Peaks revival, official news been hard to come by. Anything you’ve heard? —Ross
Ausiello:
Coop will encounter a fresh crop of quirky locals (in addition to lots of familiar faces) when he returns to Twin Peaks, and Lynch is adopting a rather unorthodox audition process to find these new oddballs. Rumor has it he’s asking prospective new cast members to prepare and perform a lengthy monologue about themselves. Also, he’s specifically looking for interesting, character-y, preferably unknown actors.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread