Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2020, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
It's just so funny! I mean, come on, let's be realistic they really, really thought Supergirl would have both female leads (Kara and Alex) as lesbians? The moment they've decided Alex would be into girls was the moment they made clear Kara would never be with a woman.

And it's so weird, because Brainy and Kara had more chemistry than any other ship they've tried with her. But it is what it is, saddly. It is never going to happen and I accept that. I hoped, when they made Brainy regular, but they created Nia to make sure we got the message it was not going to happen. I mean, it is kind of obvious they've created her with the intent of keeping Brainiac far from Kara. They don't know what to do with her. She is just there to be his love interest, with no arc of her own besides relationship drama.
The fact that Alex is and has meaningful fleshed out relationships showcases that it's not about refusing representation. Her pairing is even an interracial f/f ship. So there's not a lack of inclusivity. So it makes no sense.

The moment they paired him with Nia, I knew.

Poor David Harewood was getting blasted on Twitter. They tried to explain representation to him..to him...

I'm glad to be an observer and not in the fandom because it must be exhausting.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Even observing gets to be too much after a while.

Ignorance would truly be bliss if I knew nothing about this insanity.

Too late now.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

That's actually true. Big sigh after checking the #BoycottSupergirl tag.

I'm just gonna focus on the plot.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
The fact that Alex is and has meaningful fleshed out relationships showcases that it's not about refusing representation. Her pairing is even an interracial f/f ship. So there's not a lack of inclusivity. So it makes no sense.
It's beyond ridiculous. Representation isn't the issue. It's about they getting the couple they want, pure and simple. I've seen some of them on twitter. They complain about every single male appearing in the show appart from Brainiac, because he is *safe* because of Nia, and J'onn, because he is a *father figure*, therefore, safe.

When it was announced Winn was coming back of a few episodes, some fans raged against because "Supergirl (the show) doesn't need males". Seriously, they did. They complained about a guest star, who has been a regular for a long time, and who was never romantic linked to any of their favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
The moment they paired him with Nia, I knew.

Poor David Harewood was getting blasted on Twitter. They tried to explain representation to him..to him...
The nerve to talk about this with *him*!

They throw around words without even knowing what they mean. In fact, they reminded me so much of Sherlock fandom. One of the producers of Sherlock, Mark Gatiss is gay and married, and fans called him homophobic because they didn't put John and Sherlock together. That fandom was horrible. They said horrible things about Benedict Cumberbatch's wife, because he dared to get married to a woman!

Just because you fanfic a couple together on your mind, it doesn't authomatically become Canon. Canon is what is actually shown on your screen, not the theories you create in your mind to delude yourself what you wanted to happen will happen.

And it's always the same arguments: the music playing on the background, the *looks* (which is something entirely subjective), the colors, the camera angle, etc, etc. And pages and pages of internet rants to prove how it *is* happening...

And what you actually see on screen, the dialogues, and the interviews when the actors, producers and writers say *it's not happening* are always considered *mis direction*. And when they realize it isn't happening? Suddenly they were tricked and lied to.

For 5 seasons we've seen Kara, and not even once she was portrayed as interested romantically on a girl. Even Lena, who has been around since season 2 was only shown with men. *Sigh*

It's so tiresome.

I mean, as a Karadox fan I could point several ocasions where the show teased Karadox, and they did. And yet I will never claim they are going to do it because that's not what we are shown on the screen.

Last edited by lianamed; 01-30-2020 at 04:32 PM
Old 01-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

You said it all!

Sherlock fandom, Merlin fandom and now Supergirl fandom. Pick your poison. What makes it even worse is Jesse Rath, Rahul Kohli, Mehcad Brooks and Staz Nair are all men of color therefore there is nothing heteronormative about their potential/past relationships with Kara or Lena. I just...

I can't believe they say the show is baiting them like you said it's been made clear over a thousand times. Same with me, I thought there was potential for Karadox but when it didn't happen. I didn't go into attack mode.

I sympathised and saw some valid arguments when it came to Mon El BUT it got to point that it was a clear facade to just keep Kara (and by extension Lena) away from any man. I mean, last time I checked Mon El didn't punch Kara in the face.

P.S I'm so glad I was never into Sherlock. Sounds like a whole mess.
Philanthropist.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

I hope William and Kara's date goes well and they kiss or something. I will be watching when it airs.

Philanthropist.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Melissa has been posting pics of herself and actors on set. She’s apparently directing her episode now.

Last edited by scififan2009; 02-01-2020 at 08:15 PM
Old 02-02-2020, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

Good for her. That's great!
Philanthropist.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:25 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the promo.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Supergirl First Look: Chris Wood Returns as Mon-El for 100th Episode (Plus, See Who Else Is Coming Back)
Old 02-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

I kinda figured he would be back for a cameo. 100th episodes are usually meant to pay tribute to a show’s past and present.

Last edited by scififan2009; 02-14-2020 at 04:36 PM
Old 02-14-2020, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks for the new stuff!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

A special 100th.

Thanks for the tweet and link guys.
Philanthropist.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)

I kinda figured he would be back for a cameo. 100th episodes are usually meant to pay tribute to a show’s past and present.
I’m happy he is coming back. He was a part of the show for two seasons, and he is part of Kara’s personal growth both as a person and as a heroine. It would be nice to give her some closure and have her move forward now.

I don’t see why Agent Liberty should come back though. It makes no sense to me at all... I mean Calista and Mehcad would make much more sense... In fact, if I think about it, even Barry visiting would make more sense than having Agent Liberty back. I mean, I get Calista probaby couldn’t go and I wouldn’t be surprised if Mehcad also said *no* to an invitation but of all the people to come back (for example Kara’s adoptive mother or her real mother) why *him*?

Last edited by lianamed; 02-15-2020 at 02:50 PM
Old 02-16-2020, 01:57 AM
Master Fan

100th eps are meant to be special ones which include former characters returning. I would have loved that for The Flash - Ronnie, Eddie, Linda etc. So it's nice that SG fans have this.

Yes, it would have been nice for Calista and Mehcad to return. Especially Calista because she's been gone so long.
Philanthropist.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread