Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I hate to say this, but if what the show wants to do is keep Regina without any perspective of finding happiness on her own and just make sure Henry finds happiness while she watches him being happy, the. I'd rather she died and be with Robin in the AfterLife. It seems to me the only happiness she has had since he died was when Henry was a kid living with her. The show refuses to give her any real sense of purpose or to give her some perspective of happiness beyond *his* happiness.

Henry is an adult, and he has his own life. If Regina isn't allowed to haver hers, then why not let her meet happiness on the other side?

At this point is just stubbornness!
I think the writers are really set on the idea that Regina doesn't need anyone but Henry to be happy, which I might buy if they hadn't set her up in 7A as being completely lost as to what to do with her life now that Henry is an adult. Is she going to just follow him around wherever he goes for the rest of her life? She was even naive to Drizella's motivations regarding magic because she needed to have a purpose and she thought Drizella needed her. But whatever. There are a lot of people who prefer Regina to remain single, so at least some people will be happy if that is how it turns out. I won't be one of them.

The sneak peek of Robyn and Alice was cute. I think they'll be a fun couple.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I think the writers are really set on the idea that Regina doesn't need anyone but Henry to be happy, which I might buy if they hadn't set her up in 7A as being completely lost as to what to do with her life now that Henry is an adult. Is she going to just follow him around wherever he goes for the rest of her life? She was even naive to Drizella's motivations regarding magic because she needed to have a purpose and she thought Drizella needed her. But whatever. There are a lot of people who prefer Regina to remain single, so at least some people will be happy if that is how it turns out. I won't be one of them.
As a rule, I don't believe someone necessarily has to have romantic love to be happy, but usually that people that are happy without it have something that gives their life a sense of purpose, be it professional realization or even a cause to fight for, or simply they have enough money to travel around the world or they just do whatever pleases them and they find a very happy life this way. If that was Regina's case, then I'd accept that.

But the thing about this idea is that Regina has only been happy when she had someone in her life she could love and who loved her. And I'm not necessarily saying in a romantic sense. She was happy with Daniel, them she was happy with Henry, and with Robin and Roland. Being loved is as important to her as it is to love. Power never made her happy, and she doesn't have a career or a mission. The character they wrote was someone that could only find happiness while loving and being loved.

Now I could see Regina finding purpose adopting another child, but the show isn't even giving her that, because, for some reason, it has to be only Henry. I also could see her taking care of an orphanage and being happy like that, but I doubt the show would give her this kind of ending, and they refuse to give her a romantic ending as well because, for some reason, they believe she has to be used as a feminist icon, which, in itself is as absurd as it is inexact. Feminism isn't about being unhappily lonely because "you don't need a man". Feminism is about the freedom to make a choice to be whoever you are and what makes you happy and comfortable. If Regina should be an example of how a woman doesn't need a man to be happy, then why is she always unfulfilled and miserable? Unless the message they want us to have is the exact opposite from the one they *claim* they want to give us.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Episode starts in 8 minutes.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

That settles it. I thought so about Emma's Swan bug was the one under the troll. We finally got to see plots solved.

1. The Origin of the troll under he bridge and car in it's palm being Emma's bug (Emma's not going to be at all happy).

2. How Alice got out of the tower.

3. How the tower got destroyed

4. How Alice and Robin first met.

5. How the troll and bug got turned to stone.

And what do you know? Like Snowing's story when meeting each other face to face, the girls encounter trolls like them. And now we finally see what became of Robin when cursed.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Is Anastasia the killer?

That would be weird.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Is Anastasia the killer?

That would be weird.
But surprising. Who would suspect the girl who was in a coma?
Old 03-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

How did she get in a coma? She was walking around the last time we saw her.

(I don’t really think it is her. I am also on the Nick bandwagon).

ETA Nathan definitely filmed as Nick for this episode.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

I thought she was asleep and then Tremaine woke her up. Did 7A not happen the way I remember it?
Old 03-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I thought she was asleep and then Tremaine woke her up. Did 7A not happen the way I remember it?
That is exactly what happened.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
How did she get in a coma? She was walking around the last time we saw her.
Not exactly. Gothel used her magic to save Lucy, and send her away to forget and to sleep. I'm guessing she has benn sleeping since then?

Quote:
(I don’t really think it is her. I am also on the Nick bandwagon).

ETA Nathan definitely filmed as Nick for this episode.
I still believe Nick is the most likelly culprit. Anastasia is probably attacking Drizella because of Goethel's manipulations.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

I thought she meant take a nap like Belle frequently did, not a long term sleeping spell.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I get it now. Because Tilly is staying with Rogers, he must get her that job working on the food truck with Sabine. Which explains the scene with her and Margot on the bench.

It also makes sense that Tiana would let them take it to get to Storybrooke after they wake up.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is Anastasia the killer?

That would be weird.
She was one of my first guesses but wasn't she with Gothel when Victoria died? The amulet was fueled using Ana's power. I discounted her when Rogers & Weaver said the first victim died at the same time as Victoria on account that Ana couldn't be in both places at once.

I suppose it possible Ana didn't go 'rest', lol, or at least not right away, but it just seems like Victoria's death happened right after she walked away.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-23-2018 at 07:28 PM
Old 03-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

This link hints that Jared filmed yesterday. Katmtan
Perhaps "Leaving Storybrooke" shows flashbacks of how Henry is leaving town and involves him saying goodbye to his family members like Emma and his grandparents. Which might explain some of the actors' return, And might relate to the title too.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 PM
Absolute Fan

So Alice and Robin are cute but uhh... can we talk about Regina saying she has feelings for Facilier?? I honestly wasn't expecting that. I thought we'd see Facilier open up to Regina in that way before Regina admitted to having any feelings. But I tell you, it's quite easy to see why Regina feels things, as Facilier is quite smooth, charming and enamored with her, not to mention, refreshingly honest! He's shot up my list of most interesting new characters. He's awesome.

That said, I'm not sure where the writers are going with this angle. If these two aren't going to end up together then Regina's admission seems rather pointless and cruel. I'm all for drama but I'd rather that not be all there is to it. Lets hope the suggestion that she can "have it all" actually comes to fruition.

I have to admit that I liked Zelena in this episode too. Never cared for the character, especially after that dreadful Marian twist. But I kinda went soft at her "no judgement" line to Regina. That was a nice moment.