Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer
Jane Espenson, writer
Liz Tigelaar, writer
Andrew Chambliss, writer

promotional pictures of the cast
Comic Con Posters
Show Posters
Official Season Two Posters

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on one's GPS, but it's a place where magic is coming!

To ensure that no one in fairytale land – especially Snow White – had any more "happily ever afters," Evil Queen Regina cast a curse which trapped the fairytale characters, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Although still alive, they had no knowledge of their former selves and were sleepwalking through life – ageless -- for 28 years, until a savior arrived in the form of Emma Swan. Unbeknownst to Emma, she was the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, who had whisked her out of fairytale land and into our world as an infant to save her from the curse. Abandoned as a baby, Emma's life was anything but magical; her last job was as a bail bondsperson, but she mostly drifted without much of a life plan. When her 10-year-old son, Henry -- whom she had given up for adoption years earlier -- appeared on her doorstep with a book of fairytales and a wild story about how Emma was the progeny of fairytale characters trapped in a town called Storybrooke, she thought he was crazy. But curiosity got the better of her, and when she brought Henry back to the town – where Regina, ever the control freak, had made herself mayor and was also Henry's adoptive mother -- Emma soon discovered that Storybrooke was more than it seemed. Over time she came to believe the stories were true, began to see cracks in the curse, and was finally able to break it.

Reality and myth were merged as the fairytale characters began awakening, once the curse was lifted, and remembered who they were. But to their dismay they were not transported back to fairytale land. And to make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin – aka Mr. Gold – in an effort to gain the upper hand in his power struggle with Regina, introduced magic into the town. In fairytales magic has its place, but in our world it can have unfathomable consequences. Now the fairytale characters must contend with magic in their quest to find a way home, as new fairytale characters are revealed, old acquaintances are revisited, and some we had come to believe could be trusted will turn against their own kind.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

UPCOMING EPISODES

CASTING & GUEST STARS

SET PICS

Magazines and Press

SEASON 3 SPOILERS
  • Dina: I am going through Once Upon a Time withdrawals. Got any scoop on what to expect?
    A trip to a new land…possibly a permanent one! "They sort of set up that we are maybe heading to another land. They've teased that at the end of season two," Jennifer Morrison teases of season three. "I will be interested to see how we are all impacted by that new land. I think whenever we're in a place where everyone's relationships are impacted by their environment and it heightens the stakes for everyone, it becomes very interesting drama." Source
  • Question: Any intel on Once Upon a Time‘s casting of Peter Pan? —George
    Ausiello: The role of Peter Pan will be played by… a dude! “I can confirm that it will be a male playing the part,” exec producer Adam Horowitz tells TVLine. Beyond that, “Anything to do with that casting we don’t want to talk about, because that would be a big spoiler. Our approach to Peter Pan is one we’re super-excited about. Since Season 1, the Peter Pan mythology was something we wanted to do, but we couldn’t because of the rights issues. Once they were dealt with, we were able to finally go to town and open that world up. We started with Captain Hook, and we knew we wanted to build to what we’re about to do in Season 3.” Source
  • What’s going to happen to Storybrooke on Once Upon a Time? —Lauren
    NATALIE: Just because most of the ABC’s fairy-tale drama’s main characters went through a portal to Neverland does not mean we won’t be seeing Storybrooke next season. In fact, Emilie de Ravin, whose Belle has been left in charge of the town, confirms that she’ll continue to be a series regular in Season 3. The Lost alum also notes that even though Belle’s memories are allintact, it doesn’t mean she’ll write Mr. Gold off for his actions while she was Lacey. “She was going along with it though, so therefore you can’t blame him if you’re the one saying, ‘Kick that guy’s a—,” she says, noting that Belle will be devastated about his absence when the show returns. “But also she’ll gain her strength back and she’ll have to if she’s going to protect an entire town.” Source
  • Is it just me, or do you think Hook has feelings for Emma on Once Upon a Time? Any scoop on them would be awesome! –Kelley B
    You know my stance on the whole Emma thing: What guy wouldn’t? But where Hook is concerned, seeing as he’s now on a journey with two eligible bachelorettes, the Jolly Roger might transform into the Love Boat. “It’s probably about time he sort of found another love in his life,” Colin O’Donoghue shared with me at season’s end. “But if it was a toss-up between [traveling companions] Regina or Emma, I’m not sure exactly who he’d go for.” Given that Emma is currently reeling from the loss of Neal, “Maybe he’ll have fun with Regina, while he’s waiting for Emma,” the pirate’s portrayer ventures. “Who knows!” Source

OTHER SPOILERS

PAST THREAD
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/ouat-spo...land-63094034/

Last edited by Miss Cam; 06-08-2013 at 03:03 PM
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Absolute Fan

First post.

About the Greg/Tamara/Pan stuff that cropped up at the end there in the last thread:
It was explicitly said that Greg and Tamara don't know who they're working for, and that the destruction of Storybrooke was a distraction so that they'd have time to carry out their true set of (possibly new) instructions from the Home Office: abduct Henry.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Yet I believe going Neverland is Hook's idea. He knows Rumple will come after Henry, so he can skin his crocodile there. Peter Pan might be a kidnapper in flashbacks, but if he's out there alive in present day, he could be a game-changer in the good ones' side, not necessarily a villain in charge of the abduction.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Adam and Eddy have flat-out said that Peter Pan's an antagonist; not only did they specifically identify him as the person to whom Rumple refers in the finale (the quote from which this thread takes its subtitle), they've also clearly given him traits and characteristics lifted from the antagonistic character of Lord Ombra.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm psyched to have a strong villain in the 3rd season. Greg and Tamara didn't work for me as villains, so I'm excited to see someone like Cora back on our screens, or even more powerful. Just please, no redemption... is it to much to ask that one villain stay a villain? Don't get me wrong I love my gray anti-villains, Rumple & Regina, but I think season 2 suffered because a strong villain was lost after Cora was killed and Adam & Eddy didn't now what to do after 2x16 so they came up with, IMO, lame villains. I'm curious to see Peter and what they do to him. I love PP but it'll be interesting to see this version of him.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Due to the direction my fav show is taking I decided to read the written Peter Pan by JM Barrie. I want to know the story as written rather than as depicted by Disney or the movie Hook, or plays. The book plays Peter off as rogue type boy who is conceited and angry, and wanting. He wants the care of a mother, but he wants to do only what he wants as well. He has to be the leader and doesn't seem to think very much past what he is doing. He never considers what will happen to others around him. He demands loyalty from his lost boys. The Peter I'm reading about is very like middle schoolers I've worked with, a boy who is on a hormonal verge.

I can so see the S3 Peter Pan being the antagonist. Also I can see that he will not be all bad either. One of those people who, when we find out their backstory, well we have sympathy for them.

Peter Pan did loose his family so long ago that he can no longer remember them.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:56 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
I'm psyched to have a strong villain in the 3rd season. Greg and Tamara didn't work for me as villains, so I'm excited to see someone like Cora back on our screens, or even more powerful. Just please, no redemption... is it to much to ask that one villain stay a villain? Don't get me wrong I love my gray anti-villains, Rumple & Regina, but I think season 2 suffered because a strong villain was lost after Cora was killed and Adam & Eddy didn't now what to do after 2x16 so they came up with, IMO, lame villains. I'm curious to see Peter and what they do to him. I love PP but it'll be interesting to see this version of him.
ITA, I can't wait for the new villains and Peter Pan if he really is going to be the Big Bad next season.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I can so see the S3 Peter Pan being the antagonist. Also I can see that he will not be all bad either. One of those people who, when we find out their backstory, well we have sympathy for them.
Yeah, Adam and Eddy certainly wouldn't make a villain out of one of the most well-known child heroes (well, kinda in his case, since his personality IS defined by quite a bit more negative traits than positive ones) of literature without giving him a backstory that'll make us understand where he comes from, maybe even sympathize with him.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Peter Pan at least in the Disney Version he was a kid who just wanted to have fun. I didn't see anything to negative about his character with the exception of refusing to grow up but I could understand it
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ Adam and Eddy have flat-out said that Peter Pan's an antagonist; not only did they specifically identify him as the person to whom Rumple refers in the finale (the quote from which this thread takes its subtitle), they've also clearly given him traits and characteristics lifted from the antagonistic character of Lord Ombra.
Hmm, so he's Once's Benjamin Linus, huh? Hope he's a worthy enemy for Regina, Rumple and the Charmings to stop backstabbing each other. I'm sure that he shared an unpleasant past with Hook, otherwise he wouldn't be Peter Pan.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-27-2013, 03:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I like Peter Pan at least in the Disney Version he was a kid who just wanted to have fun. I didn't see anything to negative about his character with the exception of refusing to grow up but I could understand it
Even in the Disney version he had his negative traits, it's just not very noticeable. Here's how Wikipedia defines Peter's personality:

Quote:
Peter is mainly an exaggerated stereotype of a boastful and careless boy. He is quick to point out how great he is, even when such claims are questionable (such as when he congratulates himself for Wendy's successful re-attachment of his shadow) In the book and play, as well as both film adaptations, Peter either symbolises or personifies the selfishness of childhood, shown in Barrie's work through constant forgetfulness and self-centred behaviour.

Peter has a nonchalant, devil-may-care attitude, and is fearlessly cocky when it comes to putting himself in danger. Barrie writes that when Peter thought he was going to die on Marooners' Rock, he felt scared, yet he felt only one shudder run through him when any other person would have felt scared up until death. With his blithe attitude towards death, he says, "To die will be an awfully big adventure". He repeats this line as an adult in the film Hook (1991), during the battle with Hook near the film's climax. He then inverts the phrase at the film's very end claiming, "To live will be an awfully big adventure". This line was actually taken from the end of the last scene in the play, when the unseen and unnamed narrator ponders what might have been if Peter had stayed with Wendy, so that his cry might have become, "To live would be an awfully big adventure!", "but he can never quite get the hang of it".

In some variations of the story and some spin-offs, Peter can also be quite selfish and arrogant. In the Disney adaptation (1953), Peter appears very judgemental and pompous (for instance, he calls the Lost Boys "blockheads", and when the Darling children say they should leave for home at once, he misunderstands their wish and angrily assumes they want to grow up). Nonetheless, he has a strong sense of justice and is always quick to assist those in danger.
Bolded the excerpts that mention the negative traits. They certainly surpass a bit the positive ones, don't they?
Old 05-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Passionate Fan

In reading JM Barrie's version, Peter is like a 13 year old of today IMO. He is quick to fight and then to rescue. He looks at everything that could happen to him as an adventure. For example, in the chapter where he is on a rock soon to be overcome by the tide, he recues Wendy first then awaits his death only to say, "to die shall be an awfully big adventure."

JM Barrie writes the book with an adult's abilities but keeps the child's mind-set so this makes for some unusual qualities of Peter only because of the way they are described. I see it as an exageration in the mind. He writes things like, "I will kill him" but then it is just like the thoughts we all have, only Peter says them out loud. Actually I think that the Disney version is quite true to the nature of Peter. He may be a bit more mean spirited in the book though.

Peter is like someone who does not watch their mouth, who lets words fly before they think on them. Peter is like this in all ways. Those qualities could make for a character/antagonist of depth.

His connection with Hook, what if Hook had his leadership of Neverland stolen from him by Peter? His connection with Rumple, what if Peter made some deal with the Dark One to go to Neverland? Wasn't Ruby's boyfriend, the one she killed, wasn't his name Peter as well?

A funny thing reading a book written around the turn of the century 1902, the words used mean different things. I thought not much about the "gay children", but when I read about the "fairies coming home from an orgy" I just about spit my wine out on my book. rotfl And btw TinkerBelle uses much profanity in the book version only we don't read it because she is speaking farie.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

He's about 13 years old? That would be quite close to Bae's age. He's supposed to stay at that age forever because that's Neverland's attraction to him, an everlasting childhood that he pursued for. If he had grown up and gone sophisticated, he would be out of character.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
"To live would be an awfully big adventure!", "but he can never quite get the hang of it".
I was reading one scholarly article on Peter a while back (can't find it now but will keep looking) discussing Peter as a psychopomp, a being who leads the dead from the land of the living to the afterlife. A quote from the book:

Quote:
“At first Mrs. Darling did not know, but after thinking back into her childhood she just remembered a Peter Pan who was said to live with the fairies. There were odd stories about him; as that when children died he went part of the way with them, so that they should not be frightened.”
Anyhow, here's what I remember of what the scholarly article said:

(Ahem)

The Lost Boys are dead children (this is implied in some of how they became "Lost"). They have adventures in Neverland until they are ready to move on. Although, being in a limnal state, Wendy, as a mother figure (Wendy also occupies a limnal state as a girl on the verge of womanhood. She is still capable of entering the children's refuge of Neverland yet also capable of tapping the life giving powers of an adult woman) is able to restore the Lost Boys to the land of the living.

Peter, however, chose his state. While touched on in a very indirect way, Peter, upon hearing of all the duties and responsibilities of adulthood decides to never grow up. By implication, he chose death, even if he did not comprehend what that means. Hence, he exists in a purgatorial state, unable to move on, as the Lost Boys do, yet unable to face the land of the living.

Just to add my own two cents, since I was reading a lot of Hamish Macbeth mysteries (I started them because Robert Carlyle played him in the TV show and got hooked) when I came across this and they keep mentioning the Celtic belief that the dead can come back as animals (there are some suspicions in Hamish's town about his rather odd pets), that the Lost Boys might touch on this, too. I'm only going by the Disney movie (I need to reread the book). The boys all have their animal motifs in that, but I can never remember if it's in the book or not.

Just to mention, although Tinkerbell is very much a Victorian fairy, older fairy legends associate them with the Land of the Dead (green, the fairy color, was the Celtic color of death).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread