Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Once Upon a Time 4x02 'White Out' Press Release

EMMA FINDS HERSELF SLOWLY FREEZING TO DEATH WHEN ELSA TRAPS HER INSIDE AN ICE CAVE, AND IN THE ENCHANTED FOREST OF THE PAST, ANNA TRIES TO TEACH A MEEK DAVID TO FIGHT WARLORD BO PEEP – WHO IS THREATENING TO TAKE HIS AND HIS MOTHER’S FARM AWAY IF THEY DON’T PAY HER PRICE, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

“White Out” – While desperately trying to find her sister Anna, Elsa is startled by Emma and accidentally traps them both inside an ice cave, with the frozen temperature placing Emma’s life in peril. Regina, depressed over her likely breakup with Robin Hood, secludes herself away from the town and Henry, which saddens her son. And with the townspeople considering Mary Margaret their leader, she faces her first leadership task in trying to re-start a generator and restore the town’s electricity after Elsa freezes and damages the power lines. Meanwhile, in the Enchanted Forest of the past, Anna tries to teach a meek David to fight Bo Peep, a brutal warlord who is threatening to take his and his mother’s farm away if they don’t pay her price, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, OCTOBER 5 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Michael Coleman as Happy, Georgina Haig as Elsa, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, Robin Weigert as Bo Peep, Gabrielle Rose as Ruth and Sean Owen Roberts as ruffian.

”White Out” was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Ron Underwood.
x

Bo Peep the warlord, oh my.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone posted this slightly spoilery JMo interview?

At least we have a confirmation about the actress playing Emma in 4x05 - Abby Ross. It's the same actress from the Season 3 finale I believe.

I wasn't super impressed with the premiere episode (I loved some bits, but as a whole I was a little underwhelmed), but the promo for next week looks very promising!

Here it is: Once Upon a Time: Is Emma a Match for Elsa? Jennifer Morrison Weighs In - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Once again, Regina has been denied a happy ending, and Emma feels responsible
Ok... anyone really bothered by all the press linking Regina's happy ending entirely to the presence of a man in her life?

I do get how devastating it would be to have what happened happen to her (I'd definitely have a few cry sessions if it were me), but why does every interview paint this as "destroying Regina's happy ending"? What about her son? Having people who care about her in her life?

Why is it all about having a man?

I do get how sad it would be to not have someone you love romatically in your life. But it just seems like Robin is being portrayed as the only thing that could ever make her happy, and without him she has nothing. And as a 21st century woman, that bothers me. Regina has been shown to be such a strong, independent woman. It seems like a setback for her character, especially since they spent so much time in Season 3 emphasizing her love for her son.

(getting off feminist soap box now)

ETA - thanks for the press release for 4x02, Miss Cam!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks miss cam.

Warlord Bo Peep.

I am looking forward to a Charming centric episode. But I had to laugh that overly optimistic Anna taught him to fight to save the farm from Little Bo Peep.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Little Bo Peep lost her sheep, so she figures she'll just take Charming's.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Nice to see both Snow and Charming being mentioned in the press release for 3x02 since they were hardly in 3x01. Looking forward to it.

Also: Bo Peep the brutal warlord. Only on OUAT
Old 09-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

I am trying not to be negative but Snow gets to be a leader but Charming is relegated to a flashback where he needs a naive teenager to teach him to fight. I thought they were making a big deal in the special about the two of them being equals. This episode sounds like it is taking girl power a little too far.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Snorted coffee on Bo Peep being an evil warlord.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

White Out. Because of the power outage. Okay, so instead of black out they're calling it White Out.

Makes perfect sense.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bo beep a evil war lord makes me laugh
Old 09-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
fox 24 - During the reading of Anna and Elsa's mom's diary last night, I thought the writers must have read your comments from last season about Regina finding Cora's diary instead of doing the whole back episode on the young royals. I was like, oh good, they just put it in a diary this time.
Writers should send me a check for the diary idea lol
Old 09-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I like episodes that focus more on the whole town dealing with a crisis, where everyone gets to step up. So maybe after this episode everyone will want Snow to be mayor.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I am trying not to be negative but Snow gets to be a leader but Charming is relegated to a flashback where he needs a naive teenager to teach him to fight. I thought they were making a big deal in the special about the two of them being equals. This episode sounds like it is taking girl power a little too far.
This is before he met Snow so really doesn't affect their relationship now - just like Snow was a naive princess before she had to become a bandit in order to survive (and learned archery from someone and Red also helped her survive a lot in the beginning), Charming was a shepherd before he became the Prince Charming that met Snow. I think with both of them they were born with the potential, but it was circumstances that brought it out in them.

So, still equals in my mind. That Snow takes on more an administrative leadership role while Charming is more actively problem-solving works well due to the fact that Snow just had a baby, and thus is more limited in what she can actively do.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

I admit I am being overly negative. I was not happy either that in the recap special they mentioned that Snow didn't need saving but she did the saving. I liked the original premise where they took turns saving each other.

And I am not too thrilled either with it making it look like Regina needs a man when she was doing fine without one in the EF missing year and now she has Henry so she should be happier.

Oh well maybe it will play out better than the spoilers.

ETA I am sorry about venting. It has been a tough few weeks for me personally so I am seeing everything negatively. I don't want to see Charming (and Hook) become just shadows/ sidekicks of their significant others. It has been bad enough that they did it with Belle.

Last edited by Austenphile; 09-29-2014 at 10:10 AM
Old 09-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Writers should send me a check for the diary idea lol
They totally should!

Warlord Bo Peep... lol Thanks for that article, Miss Cam!

Does anyone have any predictions for the characters after watching the premiere?

Here are a few thoughts I had...

Rumple - His story has the potential to be so interesting. I've been thinking about the magic addiction angle and wondering if they're just trying to show how an addict goes back to their addiction to deal with emotions they can't handle. I do think Rumple was traumatized by his experiences last season, and I don't think he's emotionally capable of processing it all yet. Since the show likes to parallel events from the present with similar ones from the past, I'm guessing we'll get a moment this season where he has to choose between his power and Belle (like the choice with Bae and magic). This time though, I think he'll ultimately make the right decision (honoring his pledge to Baelfire as well) and give up his power. Maybe an act of true love that's as powerful as that will break the Dark One curse.

I'm also wondering if the dagger was always used with dark magic or if could have been controlled with light as well (especially since they always say evil is made not born). Maybe the dagger was once used by a good sorcerer, but it was corrupted along the way (by the Sorcerer's Apprentice?)? Rumple could be the one to bring it back to the light.

Hook - I don't really think his comment about getting killed was just a throwaway line. I imagine something will happen to him this season... Get ready to pucker up, Emma!

Regina - I think she and Robin will ultimately end up together, but it sounds like it's going to be quite the journey to get there. Her story of wanting to change the book reminds me a little of Emma wanting to go back to New York last season. I'm sure, like Emma, she'll see the light eventually.

RockNRoll - I hear you!

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 09-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Does anyone have any predictions for the characters after watching the premiere?
I am wrong a lot so I don't know if I want to make any predictions.

But here goes.

I think Belle will leave Rumple. I can't see them actually having them divorce but I don't know. I kind of think they'll be separated 4B as well until the end.

I sadly don't know that they have a big arc planned for Snowing this season so it's hard to say.

I think something will happen to Hook and Emma will have to save him.

I agree that Robin/Regina will end up together but Sean not being a regular gives me a little pause there. I'm wondering if he will end up sent back to FTL somehow and they'll be separated.

I just hope the finale isn't Regina having the book rewritten and no one is with who they're supposed to be with.

ETA. Bo-Beep is a warlord? LOL.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread