Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

I can't say I blame him. Every man needs a hobby. And that hat really looked cool.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol
Old 09-29-2014, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I can't say I blame him. Every man needs a hobby. And that hat really looked cool.
They don't need a hobby on their wedding night.

I just don't get what he wants here. HIs quest for power was supposedly about his son. His son is now dead. He's married to his true love. But he still needs more power? For what purpose? If they were playing it like it's about not wanting to be powerless again because of what happened to him, I could see it, and maybe they will, but as of right now he just wants it for the heck of it. There doesn't seem to be any real motivation.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree they need to give him some motivation than magic addiction
Old 09-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe Belle can book him into some magic rehab clinic. Or she could dress up like a nurse and be his clinic. I know which I'd prefer.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe Belle can book him into some magic rehab clinic. Or she could dress up like a nurse and be his clinic. I know which I'd prefer.

Belle needs to play nurse with someone else. Tell him it's an addiction she has. That'll teach him.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have love an episode of magicholics anonymous with Rumple and Regina it reminds me of Wreck it Ralph
Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

I thought she was addicted to books.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought she was addicted to books.
Well then she can tell him she'd rather read her books than go to bed with him.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

Or she could bring her books to bed with them. Make things more interesting. Wonder if she's read Kama Sutra yet?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Or 50 shades of Grey lol
Old 09-29-2014, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

magical kama sutra will keep them both interested.

Seriously though, I am not going to jump to conclusions or get negatie on the storyline yet. But if A/E just go with the whole addicted to power and magic I will really feel that is a cop out when a really good story is there just waiting for the chance.

Yes Rumple is addicted, yes Rumple is completely seduced by magic. And why not? When he was a poor spinner he was kicked around by everyone, now he's not. I wouldn't want to go back to beign the vulnerable one being labled before I had a chance to prove myself because of my fater's deeds. Plus he's cursed, so darkness, power, and magic are flowing through him and are all part of him now.

Ok fine A/E we get all that, but it has to be more than addiction. He just lost his son, his sole purpose for centuries. He died for those he loved, was resurrected..blah blah blah. He married and acknowledged that Belle truly loves and won't leave him unless he does something really asinine..

Please don't make it just about his struggle with power/magic and his better nature.
I want his darkness to have more motivation than that. I want ot see the consequences of beign raised fromt he dead, esp from the Vault of the DO.
If Rumple's excitement over that hat is prehaps a way for him to get to the origins of his curse so he can be released fromt he darkness and hold of it, with intent of being the man Belle should have and nt be so tempted, then ok. But if he's excited about that hat because he's thinking oooh more power for me..

then blah!!

If their love is true and she is his light and he's better with her, then darn it.. make his story one of a real struggle, and that his intent is to have his better side win, even if he fails I want his fight to be about his love for belle.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

We made it, we finally made it!
I thought it was overall a good episode. And I'm pretty excited to see how the sorcerer's hat will come into play - I mean we did see Rumple with a broomstick in one of the pictures...
So 402 is the Charming centric (at least in fb), right?

my semi-active tumblr
Old 09-29-2014, 05:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
magical kama sutra will keep them both interested.

Seriously though, I am not going to jump to conclusions or get negatie on the storyline yet. But if A/E just go with the whole addicted to power and magic I will really feel that is a cop out when a really good story is there just waiting for the chance.

Yes Rumple is addicted, yes Rumple is completely seduced by magic. And why not? When he was a poor spinner he was kicked around by everyone, now he's not. I wouldn't want to go back to beign the vulnerable one being labled before I had a chance to prove myself because of my fater's deeds. Plus he's cursed, so darkness, power, and magic are flowing through him and are all part of him now.

Ok fine A/E we get all that, but it has to be more than addiction. He just lost his son, his sole purpose for centuries. He died for those he loved, was resurrected..blah blah blah. He married and acknowledged that Belle truly loves and won't leave him unless he does something really asinine..

Please don't make it just about his struggle with power/magic and his better nature.
I want his darkness to have more motivation than that. I want ot see the consequences of beign raised fromt he dead, esp from the Vault of the DO.
If Rumple's excitement over that hat is prehaps a way for him to get to the origins of his curse so he can be released fromt he darkness and hold of it, with intent of being the man Belle should have and nt be so tempted, then ok. But if he's excited about that hat because he's thinking oooh more power for me..
then blah!!

If their love is true and she is his light and he's better with her, then darn it.. make his story one of a real struggle, and that his intent is to have his better side win, even if he fails I want his fight to be about his love for belle.

His love is true and he does have an addiction but I doubt he needs more power he is the fricking dark one for heaven's sake! He knows he is top dog in magic! I think the hat will lead him to breaking his curse. I think that is the journey he is going to go on. He is going to find a way to break his curse and he is going to do his best to stay on the right path for Belle but there are probably things happening that may cause him to regress some and struggle with his addiction. Kalinda V said the same thing to a fan on twitter last night. "it is going to be a constant struggle but don't give up! Keep watching!"
Old 09-29-2014, 05:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

OK guys, crazy theory. I been thinking about it all night but I am a overnight worker so here it goes. What if Anna and Elsa parents was going to visit the original snow queen but when Anna got there, she thought they would visit Rumple since she would have heard that he have the most powerful magic. But Rumple could not help her and since she waste his time he took her necklace the same way he took Snow mother necklace when she called him about the sword. My other theory is that the person who is the author of the book is a villain and lost his/her happy ending because of his/her villain ways.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread