Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Mirror (View Post)
I think you guys are taking this unverified age difference a little too seriously. Besides, Rumple is centuries older than Belle. We don't really know Bae's age in our world. Emma hooking up with a 30-year old man is not inconceivable given her troubled life and childhood. She was a thief after all and clearly in the wrong, though understandably young and foolish. Considering some of the Disney princesses are 16 or so when they meet their prince and get married, I think the age above 16 is not too bad as far as fairy tales go, although certainly not good in real life.
Agreed completely. I'm sure they'll address the age thing when it's appropriate to do so. Or maybe, off-cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamFez (View Post)
They can easily have him a little bit younger by the time and space thing. I don't know. I just know I'm shipping Neal and Emma so hard right now even if he's Bae or not.
Agreed I'm surprised as to how much chemistry they had in the SP. I knew they would have chemistry, but not that much. I'm really excited for Tallahassee so things get sorted out already, and we can move on from this WHO'S THE BABY DADDY, thing
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
The assumption is that Bae passed through space AND *time* when he went into the portal, thus exiting somewhere in our modern time.
That sounds ridiculous. How could he know that 300 years were compressed into a few second in that vortex that Bae jumped in? Was that a coincidence that he spent the exact same length of time to create the curse? What if Bae was sent to a time which was 300 years earlier than Desperate Soul's era instead of 300 years forward? The "time travel" theory doesn't make sense unless Blue Fairy, who gave Bae the bean, planned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesstarr (View Post)
I think I remember that you can get to Neverland thru a portal from Jefferson's hat and Jefferson confirmed that you can only go through "magical" realms through his hat. That's why Rumple couldn't use Jefferson to get to Bae.
I don't believe it. If Jefferson's hat can bring him there, he should've found Hook who "tricked" him. Neverland is supposed to be somewhere beyond his reach. You'd never know what kind of a world Neverland is on this show until you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
That's it though: I don't think *Bae* landed at the exact same time Emma did. I think *Emma* landed at the same time Bae did, because that's how Rumple designed the curse. The curse was designed to find Bae, and Rumple is convinced Bae is out there in the world, not Neverland - so unless they want to tell us that Rumple spent 300 years planning and then didn't even bother to check if he was going to the right world, I'd say Bae has to be here
The curse was designed to send him to a land without magic, not to find Bae. It fulfilled Regina's need to destroy everyone's happiness. What he discovered was that everyone was landed and stuck in a small town where he can't find anything about Bae, therefore he was headed to a wrong world. It was an epic failure. Besides, the actor playing 14-year-old Bae is NOT on the list of Tallahassee's guest stars. Neal is not Bae.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
That sounds ridiculous. How could he know that 300 years were compressed into a few second in that vortex that Bae jumped in? Was that a coincidence that he spent the exact same length of time to create the curse? What if Bae was sent to a time which was 300 years earlier than Desperate Soul's era instead of 300 years forward? The "time travel" theory doesn't make sense unless Blue Fairy, who gave Bae the bean, planned it.

I don't believe it. If Jefferson's hat can bring him there, he should've found Hook who "tricked" him. Neverland is supposed to be somewhere beyond his reach. You'd never know what kind of a world Neverland is on this show until you see it.

The curse was designed to send him to a land without magic, not to find Bae. It fulfilled Regina's need to destroy everyone's happiness. What he discovered was that everyone was landed and stuck in a small town where he can't find anything about Bae, therefore he was headed to a wrong world. It was an epic failure. Besides, the actor playing 14-year-old Bae is NOT on the list of Tallahassee's guest stars. Neal is not Bae.
Completely agree with everything you just said, eventhough I still think Neal could be Bae (without being Henry's father actually ^^) all you just said is what makes the most sense to me

I'm not sure yet about Regina/Archie but Daniel told her to love again, and so far Archie seems like the best person out there for her. I think a Therapist/patient relationship would be rather more interesting than another villain/villain relationship for Regina
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
What does that mean? I mean, what does it prove that 14 year old Bae in not in the episode? Of course he wouldn't be if Neal is Bae, because MRJ would be playing him

And have we already forgotten about the writers saying that there was a clue in Henry's clothes in the promo pics? Henry was wearing Bae's clothes
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The curse brought Rumple back to the time when Bae was in his mid thirties it explains why Rumple thought August was Bae and August was in his mid thirties
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I'm not sure yet about Regina/Archie but Daniel told her to love again, and so far Archie seems like the best person out there for her. I think a Therapist/patient relationship would be rather more interesting than another villain/villain relationship for Regina
"Love again" doesn't have to be romantic love, though. There is Henry, who Regina clearly at least want to love as a son, but in her own words "don't remember how to love very well".

I would like to see Regina learn to care about others and not just Henry though, so I hope Archie can help with that. Look forward to more of their scenes. (Maybe Regina can adopt a dog and bring to their sessions - a dalmation named Perdita maybe? )
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
The curse brought Rumple back to the time when Bae was in his mid thirties it explains why Rumple thought August was Bae and August was in his mid thirties
This doesn't work because as it was said earlier Rumple told the Blue Fairy he didn't know who Bae was and not even how old he was. Also there is an interview in which Robert Carlyle clearly states that Rumple thought August was Bae because of how he was acting (trying to find more informations about him) so it had nothing to do with the age

Quote:
I would like to see Regina learn to care about others and not just Henry though, so I hope Archie can help with that. Look forward to more of their scenes. (Maybe Regina can adopt a dog and bring to their sessions - a dalmation named Perdita maybe? )
OMG!!!! THIS I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Regina could also be Anita from "101 Dalmatians"

I do think in that context though that Daniel meant "romantic love" in a way to replace him ^^
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]OMG!!!! THIS I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Regina could also be Anita from "101 Dalmatians"

I do think in that context though that Daniel meant "romantic love" in a way to replace him ^^
I was more thinking of Pongo needing a girlfriend-Dalmatian (he was in that Storybrooke dating service DVD extra), heh. But I suppose it would make a very interesting take on that story with Regina in Anita's role - heck, Cruella de Ville would not want to mess with Regina.

Daniel's comment is ambiguous enough that you can take it several ways, I guess. He could be talking about love in general, talking about loving him enough to let him go or that she should find someone new to love. Or maybe all three at once. Guess the future will tell where the show takes Regina.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I was more thinking of Pongo needing a girlfriend-Dalmatian (he was in that Storybrooke dating service DVD extra), heh. But I suppose it would make a very interesting take on that story with Regina in Anita's role - heck, Cruella de Ville would not want to mess with Regina.

Daniel's comment is ambiguous enough that you can take it several ways, I guess. He could be talking about love in general, talking about loving him enough to let him go or that she should find someone new to love. Or maybe all three at once. Guess the future will tell where the show takes Regina.
That's actually what I was thinking of... Mmmh... What would Regina's relationship be with Cruella de Ville? I think it would be fun that Regina would actually be the good one in that story! Though she would take no **** from Cruella knowing who she is

I agree with you about Daniel's comment I like to think he meant all 3 things though
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Well hopefully tonight we'll have a clearer picture of things. I still think we'll be left with more questions and speculation than answers but hopefully they throw us a few more clues to work with.

Quote:
Serenachan: And have we already forgotten about the writers saying that there was a clue in Henry's clothes in the promo pics? Henry was wearing Bae's clothes.
I'm still wary of this. The writers are so clever about easter eggs and including clues in episodes that we sometimes don't even register them on first viewing. Who Henry's father is has been such a big mystery and something they've planned carefully that I can't believe they would just give it away in a promo picture like that. The casual viewer may not pay attention to such things but those of us online who inspect, speculate, and dissect every detail would pick that right out.

I expect ABC to give something away as they have done so before but the writers are more careful about what they give out. It's probably a losing battle but I'm still clinging to the hope that Neal isn't the father and that there is a twist still left.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree that the notion sounds ridiculous, but that is what Rumple found in his research for 300 years and we know this is what happened because Rumple told August he crossed time AND space. These are the LOST writers we're talking about and they like to play with notions of portals and time travel and such...

Quote:
Rumple couldn't find hook because he didn't know that Hook used the magic bean and moreover didn't know Hook used it to go to Neverland specifically.

Quote:
But Bae told rumple that the magic bean would be used to bring them to a land without magic where rumple could not use his powers. In S2 epi04 we discover that the curse was designed to bring rumple to the world that Bae was in and all rumple had to do was wait for the curse to be broken, right?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Er, speaking as a fan of Doctor Who and other time travel shows/stories, let me put out a theory on how it could work -

Think of each world as a stream. When you are in the stream, you are carried along by the current (time).

However, if you are OUTSIDE the stream, you can pick which point you enter it at (probably with certain limits or else it becomes an easy cop out when the plot gets too complicated).

The current and movement of one stream has no bearing on the current and movement of another. So, having been carried 300 years downriver in one stream doesn't mean that someone in another stream has gone any distance at all (turgid waters, what can I say?).

This theory assumes time is relatively constant once you're in a stream. That is, you can't easily go back in time in a world you have already entered. You either can't change past events or can't change them easily (since these are the Lost writers, I'm not betting against real time travel - plot altering kind of stuff - coming up, I'm just not worrying about it yet).

Or, if it's easier, think of the fairy tales where someone spends years in on world only to find no time has passed in the realy world - or the other way around. The amount of time passing in FTL doesn't have anything to do with time in our world.

Snow White, for example, had her adventures within about three years of coming to our world - but her story has been told in our world for centuries. Obviously, the times between worlds don't match up.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I like this explanation.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
What does that mean? I mean, what does it prove that 14 year old Bae in not in the episode? Of course he wouldn't be if Neal is Bae, because MRJ would be playing him

And have we already forgotten about the writers saying that there was a clue in Henry's clothes in the promo pics? Henry was wearing Bae's clothes
lol...I actually did forget about that! There is no doubt in my mind that Henry's father is Baelfire...there's just no way lol. Unless they're trying to make something so obvious with their hints, to make something out to be a surprise, but somehow I don't think that's the case. To me, the writers decided on making Baelfire Henry's father because it ties the story in nicely together. It all comes around full circle. I personally like it, but that's just me.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Er, speaking as a fan of Doctor Who and other time travel shows/stories, let me put out a theory on how it could work -

Think of each world as a stream. When you are in the stream, you are carried along by the current (time).

However, if you are OUTSIDE the stream, you can pick which point you enter it at (probably with certain limits or else it becomes an easy cop out when the plot gets too complicated).

The current and movement of one stream has no bearing on the current and movement of another. So, having been carried 300 years downriver in one stream doesn't mean that someone in another stream has gone any distance at all (turgid waters, what can I say?).

This theory assumes time is relatively constant once you're in a stream. That is, you can't easily go back in time in a world you have already entered. You either can't change past events or can't change them easily (since these are the Lost writers, I'm not betting against real time travel - plot altering kind of stuff - coming up, I'm just not worrying about it yet).

Or, if it's easier, think of the fairy tales where someone spends years in on world only to find no time has passed in the realy world - or the other way around. The amount of time passing in FTL doesn't have anything to do with time in our world.

Snow White, for example, had her adventures within about three years of coming to our world - but her story has been told in our world for centuries. Obviously, the times between worlds don't match up.
Excellent point. I can't believe I forgot about the fact that the fairy tale stories preceded Storybrooke's creation by centuries in our world, so this whole time comparison between FTL and our world has no basis. Time doesn't work in the same way in FTL vs. our reality, and the clocks in FTL don't "tick" at the same rate as in our world.

You can even look at the weird effect of the Curse on time in Storybrooke--frozen for 28 years! It's pretty clear "magical time" and "real time" are not comparable or commensurable.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread