Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Sorry, I guess I don't explain things well. I'm supposing Gold HASN'T told Belle about his son and that he created the curse. So, she wouldn't know he created the curse because of his great love for his son. Going by the spoiler pictures, I doubt Belle was fed up and leaving him but I can believe that she was upset about things she'd found out and needed Gold to trust her enough to tell her why he'd done some things - like beat her dad to a pulp and/or create the curse. In the pictures, Rumple is shown as cursed Rumple when he's dealing with the pirates. I don't doubt that he would have tried to do SOMETHING when she first left him - left with a child to raise and dealing with people who had taken off on a ship, I don't know how much he could do. Just getting on another ship to go after them would take money, something Rumple didn't have. But, it seems he goes to meet up with Hook after he has his powers. If the press release is accurate (which it may not be), now that he can finally do it, he's come after her - and evidence in the pictures suggest Hook played Theseus to her Ariadne and abandoned her. Though that still leaves the question of why Hook's alive centuries later. What, exactly, did Rumple do to him?
Only have time for one comment. If he's coming after Hook as the Dark One, it's not because he wants his wife back or loves her or anything.......he just wants revenge.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Total Fan

Just reading that Jen interview. Really loving this:

Quote:
It’s definitely a very emotionally complex experience to try to accept that these two people that she’s gotten to know as friends, who she does believe to be good people, could have given her up, and then to try to wrap her brain around why she was given up and if it was really worth being given up. There’s definitely a journey there where she has to sort of first of all figure out how to accept it, because it is such an outrageous idea to find out that your parents are Snow White and Prince Charming. But second of all, just like allow herself to deal with feelings that are coming up. She’s not someone who’s ever dealt with her feelings, she’s always sort of pushed them down and not allowed herself to go there. Now she really has to deal with all of this. There are going to be times when she brushes it off and makes a joke out of it and there are going to be times where she gets very emotional about it, and there’s definitely going to be a journey of her being able to see things a certain way that she can relate to so she can start to accept why they made the decision that they made and start mending that relationship so she can start to be their child, in a sense.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Only have time for one comment. If he's coming after Hook as the Dark One, it's not because he wants his wife back or loves her or anything.......he just wants revenge.
Yes. Hook must have truly humiliated him pre-curse (maybe he's the one that made him lame?) and now Rumple will want to return the favor now that he has the power to do so.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love when Jennifer is interviewed because her answers are pretty much little character essays.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
Hook is looking pretty damn hot in those photos.

And I just want to steal all of Belle's clothes. I'm so envious!
I want her closet to be my closet.
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

So excited for Hook. I think he's going to be a special character.

Late chiming in on the discussion from the other day about whether Rumple knew about Henry and that's why he adopted him and such. I think he had to know. But my question would be if he knew such things then wouldn't he know who the father is too? I mean he would certainly not give his grandson to Regina to raise right?

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
So excited for Hook. I think he's going to be a special character.

Late chiming in on the discussion from the other day about whether Rumple knew about Henry and that's why he adopted him and such. I think he had to know. But my question would be if he knew such things then wouldn't he know who the father is too? I mean he would certainly not give his grandson to Regina to raise right?
The writers have said that he didn't know, so I think we're supposed to go with that. He only remembered when Emma came to Storybrooke. Anyway, from a character point of view, I'm 100% sure that he would NEVER give his grandson to Regina.

From the pics: Rumple doesn't seem to be threatening Hook. He's telling him something. So, maybe he tricks Hook somehow?
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison

Last edited by Serenachan; 10-09-2012 at 11:44 AM
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Passionate Fan

What I'm wondering is, if Gold didn't get his memory back till Emma arrived and he heard her name, why would he be aware of Henry?

Three answers -

1) He was/is somehow magically linked to Emma, enough to step in when things like Henry happened,

2) Henry was supposed to happen. The question at that point becomes whether he was something Gold or Rumple arranged or simply something he had foreseen and had set things up so that, even without his memory, he would take steps to bring Henry to SB and protect him,

3) Rumple was able to arrange for a third player in this game, someone who could keep an eye on Emma and tweak events even when he couldn't - like somehow convincing Gold to arrange Henry's adoption.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Do the writers really expect us to believe that of all the kids out there that need adopting that Gold just happened to pick Emma's son?

Icon by Fiona
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am convinced there's a third player too. Obviously there's someone outside SB who knows (guy from Broken), so why not?
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
Do the writers really expect us to believe that of all the kids out there that need adopting that Gold just happened to pick Emma's son?
I think there's a third person in the mix. My guess is either the Blue Fairy or the dude from New York.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think someone more powerful is behind all this ... to create your curse, I use Rumple ... for that person has another purpose ....

I always thought it was the magic that wants to get out of that fantasy world to the real world ... maybe our world was magical and his exile of the same was creating otherworldly fantasy world to survive

is a crazy idea

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/10/onc...ocodile_9.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/10/onc...dile_8836.html

Last edited by mute; 10-09-2012 at 02:48 PM
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
I think there's a third person in the mix. My guess is either the Blue Fairy or the dude from New York.
thank you for the new thread!!

i think it was simply the curse. However rumple wrote it, he knew teh savior would come on their 28 th bday through his visions - not sure if that was an act now or not -

so i chalk it up to the curses power
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Rumpelstiltskin's redemption

With Mr. Gold confessing to Belle about being a monster in the season 2 premiere, I think he will have redemption but it will be a rocky road for him to get fully redeemed.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by renka21 (View Post)
thank you for the new thread!!

i think it was simply the curse. However rumple wrote it, he knew teh savior would come on their 28 th bday through his visions - not sure if that was an act now or not -

so i chalk it up to the curses power
I think it was probably the curse. Rumpelstiltskin spent hundreds of years developing it and planning for it. He was probably able to see the future of the curse to some extent. I think he knew that having Regina enact the curse would put him at a disadvantage because he would not have his memories, so he created some kind of subconscious reminder in his head to find Henry when Regina approached him to find her a child to adopt.

I don't think Gold really knew what he was doing, but he had an instinct to do it anyway because that's how he planned the curse. Rumpelstiltskin has been described as the most powerful magical being in FTL so I wouldn't put it past him to have the magical abilities to plan for all this.

That's what makes this season interesting for Rumpelstiltskin. We are starting to discover the limits of his magic. He was able to do so much, but a lot of things backfired on him. He taught Regina magic, but then several years later, she used that magic to imprison the woman he loved. He planned to search for Bae when Emma broke the curse, but for some reason he didn't know that crossing the barrier would remove his memories.

I'm looking forward to watching him face his own limitations this season and dealing with the consequences of assuming he was one step ahead of everyone. It's going to be interesting...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread