Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

^^^ You know no one's going to give a specific answer. They want the fans to give the new network a chance. If they find out Rayna's dying before she actually does they're going to give up watching not even halfway through the season. That's not fair to the new showrunners/writers.

Yes, we've been jerked around and it's certainly not fair to us but you know no one would have ever given a straight answer. Connie saying "she's in" could mean so many different, she never said she's in for all 22. She wanted to give the network a chance, but her heart isn't in the show anymore and that's fine.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Total Fan

Well, back to the drawing board. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I've read about an article or interview that came out today. What article? Is it posted somewhere on a Nashville thread?

If I could have the ideal situation, I would want Connie playing the role of Rayna. And I know that nobody wants to consider this right now, but I wouldn't mind another person being "Rayna". For me it's the character of Rayna I love. Now that would not be what I desire for the show, but it could be a second-best solution.
I'm 100% find w that it's not Connie and I'm not tryin to be rude because of course she is great but for me it's also the love story now the family thing. Where's Pam when we need her lmao jk. Ya know when Luke was w Rayna I sorta didn't mind Pam putting Deacon in his place a little. Well I guess I'll keep mourning I still don't have a good feeling at all even though we are not 100%

For me the interviews were not just her saying how she's in it for the duration she was also saying this is the best season yet and how fresh and new it is and "oh yeah I'm in it for the long haul" type statements and then a month later she's unhappy is odd, but maybe w the smaller network it's been about a new contract and money per episode bc that's another sad side of a mind change and moving on.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Is it at all possible someone else is dying and she's just not saying too much because she doesn't want people to start speculating the true secret?
Old 02-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

That seems very unlikely. We've seen pretty much everyone else on set. And the reason people are talking about Rayna dying comes almost exclusively from the rumors about Connie. Her giving different answers wouldn't make people assume there's another secret.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycappietruelove (View Post)
I would not mind if Rayna's absence was explained by any other reason besides her death. That is the one thing I just don't think I could watch. If it were Deacon, it would be the same thing. It's just too much after their entire journey together. It's really hearbreaking. If Connie wanted to leave, I wish they could have worked something out where she pops in once in a while and is not dead.

I'm not outraged because Connie wants to work on something else for whatever reason. It happens all the time on tv shows. I'm outraged by the way it was handled. The months and months of rumours, no one official stepping up to confirm or deny it, etc. Then the "I'm in it for the long run" and now the Deadline article. It's all too much. I can imagine they thought it might decrease the viewers to come clean about it from the start. But to me this is so much worst. Just because we are fans, doesn't mean we are supposed to just take whatever they throw at us and shut up. I for one will go all out on every social media about how I think this was handled very poorly if (...when) she dies.
I´ll agree that the problem is this flip flop in comments and possible death. Without those everything would be ok even if Rayna would leave somewhere to get her out. Just want Rayna to live somewhere and respecting everyone's choice to do what they feel best and I wish well for Connie with whatever she want to do.

Now I just feel sad to watch even with new deyna duet coming out, since I can´t stop thinking that probably in just few weeks there isn´t anything anymore

Quote:
Someone who inteviewed her today mentioned that fans were worried because of the Deadline article and they said she did not give a specific answer and was coy.
I think this is more about possible new pilots and on that vain about not going on possible season 6 than this being just 9 episodes for her. And as her heart being in, I think she really did was more in with new writers. All her comments has been way more positive this season than in years. But with all we know and Lennon saying 9 episodes in that ET Canada interview before it was edited, I don´t have in me anymore to hope much since it hurts too badly

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-08-2017 at 02:22 AM
Old 02-08-2017, 02:51 AM
Loyal Fan

This is just a sorry saga that has dragged on for way too long. Totally respect Connie's decision to do whatever she wants with her life but it could all have been handled so much better. Why did she even do the Ellen interview or why not insist that Ellen didn't ask her that question.

Myself, I have just got beyond caring now (and I'm getting that way about the show in general to be honest) but I really feel for any Rayna/Deyna fans because this must be torture and its horrible because you potentially have such a great episode coming up this week and it must be so hard to enjoy it.

I hope these writers know what they are doing because they have already upset a big number of Javery and Scunner fans by sidelining them a lot and rewriting history. Deyna is the only couple that they have managed to write really well.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've stopped watching Bought the R/D song, but I didn't watch last week, and won't watch more until I know whether Rayna is dead or not. I can't face it. If she's alive I'll have lots to catch up, and if she's dead I'll be walking away anyway. What a shambles!

I never expected her to do season 6 if there's another season, but hoped we'd get the whole of season 5.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
This is just a sorry saga that has dragged on for way too long. Totally respect Connie's decision to do whatever she wants with her life but it could all have been handled so much better. Why did she even do the Ellen interview or why not insist that Ellen didn't ask her that question.

Myself, I have just got beyond caring now (and I'm getting that way about the show in general to be honest) but I really feel for any Rayna/Deyna fans because this must be torture and its horrible because you potentially have such a great episode coming up this week and it must be so hard to enjoy it.

I hope these writers know what they are doing because they have already upset a big number of Javery and Scunner fans by sidelining them a lot and rewriting history. Deyna is the only couple that they have managed to write really well.
I'm confused about why they're going about it this way. Assuming Rayna is dying, the bulk of her last episodes should have been dedicated to the stalker sl that would eventually kill her and seeing her with family, friends and HW65 business. All that is fine. But what about everyone else? The characters that are going to be carrying the show after she's gone? Why is everyone else (besides Maddie) riding the bench so hard this far into the season?

If I didn't have any spoilers and didn't know about Connie, I'd think they were writing Gunnar off. They don't seem to care about his character AT ALL. Will it suddenly be flipflopped in 5b, that the stories that have been sidelined are suddenly front and center? Or will that even be the case? Clearly, they are going to replace Rayna's time with a LOT of Maddie. Bad decision and I'm not at all convinced that any one is going to be convinced to continue watching with that brat practically taking on the lead role.

I just don't understand the rationale behind the way they're splitting up these episodes. I have no interest in watching Maddie's sl develop even MORE. I'm actually starting to dislike Clay by association.

The stuff with Connie is a mess. Could have been handled differently and if I was a huge fan of hers I'd be pissed and probably would stop watching the show out of disappointment and a bit of spite for the way it all went down.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

I would've assumed, if they knew Connie was doing half a season, that she would be more the focus in the first half, then Juliette would take over in the 2nd. But I can't explain the insane focus on Maddie or the sidelining of Gunnar/Will etc. so I've no idea now. I assume they have a plan, and I assume I won't be watching the second half of the season, so I'm just in a kind of limbo. Really hope for all the remaining watching Nashies that it's Juliette with the front and centre story for the rest of the season and not Maddie as some kind of Rayna Jaymes replacement.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know about the Maddie focus, unless it's to give her more mother-daughter time/connection before that's gone (and I do realize her whole storyline isn't solely focused on mother-daughter time, but it's been there).

If I were a huge Connie fan, I'd be more angry with her than with the show. The show is just having to work with what they have and they clearly are just trying to accommodate whatever her wishes are. If someone who's a Connie fan doesn't want to watch anymore, that's certainly their prerogative. I'm guessing there are people who swore they'd never watch Grey's again after Derek died who did exactly that too. If she's your only reason for watching, then I guess I understand. I am invested in DR, even though I'm more a Deacon fan than a Rayna fan, so I will miss that. A lot. But I like the rest of the show. I even like the Maddie storyline, which I know - here, anyway - puts me in a distinct minority, but
Old 02-08-2017, 06:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't mind the Maddie SL. I mind her taking up time that should have been given to others. I mind the rapid fire development of her relationship with Clay when no one else, outside of R/D, has been allotted the time to have a real conversation about their relationship. That SL, more that anything, will turn me away from the show because it's the clearest example of how these writers mismanage their time.

Maybe they want to focus on Maddie because she's a character that they can develop and rewrite to be their own, moreso than the others who have pretty set personalities. Makes sense that at 17, she can change and be different than what she was before. But we still have the bitter taste of S4's emancipation mess lingering in our minds and Maddie's been a brat for too long to be easily forgiven.

I could easily accept an episode that was mainly focused on Maddie/Scunnar as long as Maddie wasn't the main story AND as long as everyone else was seen at least briefly AND then the next episodes rotated so that the focus was equally shared. That's not what is happening here. Not at all.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for everyone understanding how this really is a absolute loss for us Deyna fans. It's pretty bad for most of us and hard to watch but again i won't stop being a Nashie. I know there's so much more to this show, I love Deacon, Scarlett and Gunnar's and their songs, Juliette and Avery I also love but being such a huge Deyna fan; I just can't watch I can't at all right now

Also, to throw this out there what I know about Connie she's more an LA/Hollywood kinda gal so maybe being in Nashville that much a year isn't her cup of tea for her or her son. So many reasons but I guess after she's gone we will find out. She will never say the network couldn't pay me 100k and episode lol.

So I will continue to support my Nashie family and the characters still in the show but for now I'm sorry I just can't watch it. If it doesn't happen great I'll resume watching but for now I need time. I'm so worried about Deacons story I love Deacon he's my fav and I if she's killed um I'd love to know how he will move on without being doom and gloom Deacon bc if you want to make a show realistic let's just think the love of his life was murdered.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
I don't know about the Maddie focus, unless it's to give her more mother-daughter time/connection before that's gone (and I do realize her whole storyline isn't solely focused on mother-daughter time, but it's been there).

If I were a huge Connie fan, I'd be more angry with her than with the show. The show is just having to work with what they have and they clearly are just trying to accommodate whatever her wishes are. If someone who's a Connie fan doesn't want to watch anymore, that's certainly their prerogative. I'm guessing there are people who swore they'd never watch Grey's again after Derek died who did exactly that too. If she's your only reason for watching, then I guess I understand. I am invested in DR, even though I'm more a Deacon fan than a Rayna fan, so I will miss that. A lot. But I like the rest of the show. I even like the Maddie storyline, which I know - here, anyway - puts me in a distinct minority, but
Well I´m first and foremost Deyna fan then Rayna and Deacon, so killing her off will take pretty much my reasons to watch as I have watched mostly for their epic love story and don´t want to see it getting unraveled. Just today decided to stop Jane the virgin for a while for the same reason and I´m not that invested in that show. Whereas I´m too invested in Nashville, do to it having been my refuge from life since my skin cancer at end of 2015 (I´m healthy now).

Though it´s fun idea, that this could be maybe first time in television history where someone staying alive would be the real cliffhanger surprise
Old 02-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
Though it´s fun idea, that this could be maybe first time in television history where someone staying alive would be the real cliffhanger surprise
As much as I hate to say it, if Connie's done with the show for good, just having her off-screen isn't particularly satisfying either.

I don't mind the way the writers/showrunners focus the storylines. It reminds me a lot of the last season of Parenthood, where every character wasn't in every show, and other shows, for that matter, where every character and storyline wasn't in every show. If they tried to accommodate everyone, I think we'd still be back to what people didn't like so much before - the rapid-fire, whiplash-inducing story changes.

But, like everything else in life, one person's likes/perspectives aren't everyone's. I like how these writers are handling the show. Now that I've gotten used to the slower pace, I'm enjoying it. Sure, there are some characters I'd like to see more of, but you can't please everyone all the time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread