Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

this is so bizarrely OOC for Teddy tbh. Although it's better that Eric Close be working heavily with Connie/Oliver than other randoms. He's way too talented to be stuck in a corner. I just don't like that it's a continuous "let's use Teddy as a scapegoat"
Old 02-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc (View Post)
Layla is already signed to Edgehill so it has to mean another label. I know Luke is starting his own and I bet he asks Jeff to do it with him. As for the H65, I bet Jeff asks Layla to do it to bring them down. I always thought it was weird that he would want her to sign with them at all the only way it makes sense is a plot. And Layla is an idiot so I bet she does it
Layla does sign with Jeff, but not as a record label, she signs him as her manager, then she signs with Highway 65 as her label, and Rayna only finds out in 318 that Jeff is her manager and is upset. The spoiler is just confused.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

I really didn't get the idea from the sides that Jeff and Luke were in business together, I think he is only manager now so maybe he is Will's manager too and that is why the three were in those pics together.

As for the pretaping stuff, no way is that Hayden's fault. They started to pretape way late into the game and delayed her return because they were too busy pretaping and wrappng up Laura so IMO it's all on the writers.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:38 AM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Layla does sign with Jeff, but not as a record label, she signs him as her manager, then she signs with Highway 65 as her label, and Rayna only finds out in 318 that Jeff is her manager and is upset. The spoiler is just confused.
Thanks for clearing this up
Old 02-17-2015, 11:39 AM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I really didn't get the idea from the sides that Jeff and Luke were in business together, I think he is only manager now so maybe he is Will's manager too and that is why the three were in those pics together.

As for the pretaping stuff, no way is that Hayden's fault. They started to pretape way late into the game and delayed her return because they were too busy pretaping and wrappng up Laura so IMO it's all on the writers.

I miss Juliette
Old 02-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraG (View Post)
Does anyone know which episode Hayden returns full time? Until then I will not be watching live as I have 0 interest in anyone else on this show & no need to watch 42 minutes of people I don't like to just see the 2 minutes of Juliette. They really need to makeup not only her airtime but also songs now that she is back on set.
Episode 17 would be my guess since it's the baby birth episode.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
this is so bizarrely OOC for Teddy tbh. Although it's better that Eric Close be working heavily with Connie/Oliver than other randoms. He's way too talented to be stuck in a corner. I just don't like that it's a continuous "let's use Teddy as a scapegoat"
It seems like they've been writing this as Teddy wanting to be the "cool parent". Jeff even said something along those lines. And then Teddy told Maddie that he didn't have as much of a problem with her being a performer as Rayna did. I feel like he feels a little marginalized as her father, with her spending so much time with Deacon.

It may be OOC as far as how he was originally set up, but it does seem like that's what he's doing.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

OLC for Wednesday:

EXTRAS*:
ROADIES: male, age range 23-55, musician and road crew types who are comfortable moving equipment, etc. and are familiar with concert activity

MUSICIAN TYPES: male and female, age range 20-45, hip, stylish,cool, prefer real musicians although you will not be performing or playing at all

ARENA SECURITY: male, all ethnicities, age range 19-45, larger stature

VIPs: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 20-50, upscale, attractive, hip, stylish

LAWYERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 27-65, clean-cut, conservative, professional, MUST have business attire

DETECTIVES: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 30-66, professional, detective types, should have business attire

UNIFORM COPS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 22-45, average height & weight, clean-cut, conservative, fit, short hair (men)

PERP: male, all ethnicities, age range 18-60, variety of criminal element types
Old 02-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's no one's fault as far as we know this is how it was planned with Hayden and the production team. I mean some actors get pregnant and quit shows, at least she didn't do that. You work with the situation you have the best you can when you're in a crazy production with as many characters and scenes as this show has. It's like I said before, unless you're Hayden, one of Hayden's friends or relatives, or you are someone who works on the show, you really have no idea why they did things at certain times scheduling wise.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Totally agree. Hayden's return should have been higher priority than writing out Laura. Laura should have been written out an episode one or two before she was. Due to their poor planning knowing Laura had to leave by a certain date, they messed up Hayden's return when she was suppose to be back on set full-time. Pitiful planning on their part. The return of one of the leads should take higher consideration over one of the guest stars.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

And did they really delay Hayden's return? What we had heard was her coming back at the beginning of February. The episode they were filming at the time was 316. And Hayden was back on set during 316. Unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing the issue

I was never expecting that Hayden going on maternity leave to not have an effect on Juliette's screentime. It just doesn't work that way. Four full episodes were filmed while she was off. And I wasn't expecting pre-taping to increase her normal work load to make up for full episodes worth of stuff while she was out. So yeah I'm missing Juliette scenes but I don't find any of it unexpected or unusual
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Loyal Fan

First off you can't compare scandal to Nashville. Scandal is completely focuses on KW character and the producers decided it would greatly effect the show without her where Nashville doesn't focus solely on one character. Secondly most shows have an idea of how the season will go but shows are actually broken up into sections they don't plan out everything which is what tvd, ouat and scandal all do as for Hayden it is hard to plan huge s/l around pg they can't work as much and they never know if they may have to pull out at anytime so they do light stories in case they can't work so they can easily change things without it effecting the whole cast. As for lack of Juliette there are so many other characters for them to focus on I don't find it that big of a deal while some shows you don't see them missing that much I just think with that many characters they just decided it was easier this way.

I think jeff goes into business with Luke not will. Will only signs with them

I don't think the show delayed Hayden's return the producers said her s/l would pick up when she is ready to return so she may have decided she wasn't ready to come back

Last edited by samantha24; 02-17-2015 at 12:56 PM
Old 02-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I do miss Juliette, but I would not want them to sacrifice other storylines when she comes back just to "even her up". I'm going to assume that she had some choice in how much time she worked leading up to her maternity leave. And I think the big story for the back half of the season is Deacon and Rayna and I sure don't want to see less of that.

If they wanted to give her the time they would otherwise devote to Layla though, I'd be totally ok with that.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Just watched the Teddy/Rayna scene. Glad feisty Rayna is back!!! I love Connie when she's putting someone in their place.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Just watched the Teddy/Rayna scene. Glad feisty Rayna is back!!! I love Connie when she's putting someone in their place.
I'm very much looking forward to her scenes this week. Her and Jeff going at each other is always fun and he deserves whatever he gets for using Maddie in his schemes. And Teddy has been all kinds of dumb ever since he started hanging around Jeff. He deserves whatever hell he gets from Rayna too. There's no way this looks good for him. Either insisting that he thought it was a good idea to go behind Rayna's back and sign Maddie with Jeff or admitting that he knows it's a terrible idea but Jeff set him up and is now blackmailing him.

On Location details for tomorrow

Quote:
09:48am
STANDINS (Diana S., Keith S., Jeanie D.)

10:30am
STANDIN (Jason B.)

5:00pm
LAWYERS
DETECTIVES
UNIFORM COPS
PERP

6:00pm
TOUR BUS MUSICIANS
TOUR BUS DRIVER
MUSICIAN TYPES
ROADIES