Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm pretty sure she'll be in IF, wouldn't make sense if she isn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
IKR?? Mike is getting major love as well, to be clear, Mahershala is too but female leads (especially woc) are so often ignored or downplayed that it's surprising to see Simone getting all this praise. Then again, if the writing really is great and she's getting a lot of screentime, it would be difficult to ignore her. lol

I don't watch Sherlock or Hannibal but that certainly does sound awesome.

The trailer did make me think there would be more between Luke/Claire but I haven't seen any mention of that so far. One of the reviews described her dynamic with Luke as a "developing friendship" which is actually cool too.

Initially, I didn't know how to feel about Misty possibly hooking with Luke and Danny because they are all so close. But then I remembered when I shipped one of my faves with brothers... (Don't judge me! ) So I'm keeping an open mind and just hoping the writers do them justice.
Hmm it sounds like Luke/Misty is the romance that plays out over the 13eps, ends, meanwhile Luke/Claire friendship is cooking and slowburn for future romance. I love drama so I'm all for Luke/Misty/Danny tension. And no judging you (but curious who it was... I wanted the Vega on Minority Report with both Dash and Arthur )

Critics just have crazy high standards for WoC and especially WoC LI, so we know she's gonna be badass. But that's expected when a talented actress is pared with a solid writing team that actually want to write for her and BTS ppl with no intent to undermine her.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Aww, the reviews have me even more excited. I'm still hoping for some Misty on IF though.
Me, too.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 AM
Absolute Fan

It really wouldn't make sense for Misty not to show up in IF. I'm still thinking (hoping) she will, but I wouldn't be surprised if her and Danny don't meet until The Defenders. And I definitely think we'll see her included there (Simone and one of the Defenders showrunners even recently followed each other on twitter.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Hmm it sounds like Luke/Misty is the romance that plays out over the 13eps, ends, meanwhile Luke/Claire friendship is cooking and slowburn for future romance. I love drama so I'm all for Luke/Misty/Danny tension. And no judging you (but curious who it was... I wanted the Vega on Minority Report with both Dash and Arthur )
This was a trio from an American daytime soap. The story wasn't particularly well written but the actors had amazing chemistry. I was expecting Luke/Claire to be the main romance this season that would eventually lead back to Jessica/Luke once we got to The Defenders. I still think the latter will happen.

Here's an interview with Mike and Cheo. Near the end, they're asked about whether or not we will see a love story on the show (sounds like Mike is hinting at Misty/Luke). There's a Jessica mention as well.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Addicted Fan

I realized I don't even remember when IF and Defenders are coming out. By 2017, right?

Quote:
This was a trio from an American daytime soap. The story wasn't particularly well written but the actors had amazing chemistry. I was expecting Luke/Claire to be the main romance this season that would eventually lead back to Jessica/Luke once we got to The Defenders. I still think the latter will happen.

Here's an interview with Mike and Cheo. Near the end, they're asked about whether or not we will see a love story on the show (sounds like Mike is hinting at Misty/Luke). There's a Jessica mention as well.
Yeah, Misty/Luke is more unexpected than Luke/Claire. But he said "a romance" so that has to mean either or... But even if Misty is his main romance stuff are gonna be building with Claire, I'd guess.

And lol, the only American soap I've watched is Passions, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember much other than every scene taking 500years.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Absolute Fan

LOL Passions was crazy but entertaining and I loved the diversity.

Yes, both IF and Defenders premiere next year. They're supposedly going to start filming Defenders near the end of this year.

Here's a new clip... Loving Mahershala in this role already.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Addicted Fan

He's amazing. The way he carries himself here versus as Remy in HoC is night and day. Here he has such easy menace. Completely believable.

Omg I loved that Passions not only had lots of hot PoC as prominent characters, but also most of the white ones were the villains. Heh
Old 09-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Absolute Fan

And Mahershala is pretty easy on the eyes. Yep, this matters. lol

Now can we talk about Misty some more? lol Simone's very first tv interview aired today and we got our first Misty clip! She's schooling the boys, doing her job and looking cool as heck in the process. Ahh, I love her already! Simon Missick Interview - Home & Family - Video | Hallmark Channel
Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 AM
Addicted Fan

As someone who's had to deal with cocky teenage boys, I have so much respect. I'm dying at how they thought Simon needed assistance for shooting hoops. Like. She's perfect. Definitely the right person to bring Misty to life.

Quote:
Definitely. Though it's funny cause next to Kevin Spacey he looked massive. Not so much next to Mike...
Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Of course it matters.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Loving these!

Old 09-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes, they look awesome! Only two more weeks...
Old 09-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Is it just me or is September taking too long?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Not just you! I've been looking forward to LC, more so than the other Netflix shows, so of course it feels like it's taking for ever to premiere. lol
Old 09-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Not just you! I've been looking forward to LC, more so than the other Netflix shows, so of course it feels like it's taking for ever to premiere. lol
For real!!! And in my head, September was anointed as the LC month, even though it's coming out on the 30th, so that definitely hasn't helped.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread