Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Omg, Misty is coming. Lol, I loved Luke In Jessica Jones, but I am so hyped for Misty.

ETA: So glad there's confirmation of her being on IF.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!

Last edited by hannahfan; 08-21-2016 at 06:44 PM
Old 08-22-2016, 01:14 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting a thread for this new show here at Spoilers. This thread has been assigned to me.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm just waiting for Misty like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Ahh, the Secret Love comic is so adorable! They even have a daughter, Lucy Rand Knight. Hopefully at some point, the main comics will invest in them that way.

I've warmed up to Finn a lot recently. From all the vids I've seen, he has a great personality. The other day, he posted an article on sexual Kung Fu. lol I'm really looking forward to seeing him with Mike and Simone.
He's a doll. The GoT guys are mostly great. Harry, Richard, Gethin, Joe...

I can't wait till we see them interact in live action any case. (Their daughter is such a tiny cutie!)

Last edited by ParsD; 08-23-2016 at 04:34 AM
Old 09-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Luke's fight scenes are...omg, bones popping out...

Old 09-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh my!
Old 09-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Absolute Fan

"You want some?"

Not sure I should be swooning but...I am. lol

On another note, I've never given reviews much credence, but I'm loving all of the praise for Simone/Misty so far, if only because it tells me she's at least going to get the attention/screentime she deserves. I'm so ready to see her in action.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Addicted Fan

His nonchalance is sexy af.

Simone was so excited at CCPD, so I pretty much expected as much. But I've only read one review:
Marvel’s Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Black Superhero Show I’ve Been Waiting For
. Glowing on all accounts. And about Misty...

Quote:
As the actress playing Misty Knight, Simone Missick has one of the show’s toughest jobs, portraying a cop working in a time where they’re not blindly trusted anymore. She nails the role by making Misty seem smarter and cooler than anybody else in the precinct house.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:53 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
His nonchalance is sexy af.

Simone was so excited at CCPD, so I pretty much expected as much. But I've only read one review:
Marvel’s Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Black Superhero Show I’ve Been Waiting For
. Glowing on all accounts. And about Misty...
I've read about 7 or 8 so far and all but about 1 or 2 either praised Simone's performance or said she stole the show. I even watched a YT review with Kevin Smith and he was gushing over what a strong character Misty is, so much so that she could have her own show. And I just read this review this morning where the author gives some pretty cool insight on her... Marvel's Luke Cage Season 1 Review
Quote:
Simone Missick, who plays NYPD detective Missy Knight and lends a welcome cerebral angle to the proceedings. She identifies clues and even sees apparitions when surveying crime scenes, and her sharp intuition is depicted as if it’s a superpower as extraordinary as Luke’s, which is very, very cool.
I know Misty being an awesome detective is canon but she sees apparitions?? I love that! Simone did say LC gives Misty fans everything they want and more. Sounds pretty spot on.

Oh and another thing I noticed is that Misty, not Claire, has been described as Luke's love interest. A bit surprising since Claire would make more sense, IMO but Misty is the female lead so I can understand why they'd go there. As I said before, I don't hate the idea, (I look forward to seeing them together) I just want it to be handled well, especially since Misty/Danny has to happen at some point.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 09-09-2016 at 10:26 AM
Old 09-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I've read about 7 or 8 so far and all but about 1 or 2 either praised Simone's performance or said she stole the show. I even watched a YT review with Kevin Smith and he was gushing over what a strong character Misty is, so much so that she could have her own show. And I just read this review this morning where the author gives some pretty cool insight on her... Marvel's Luke Cage Season 1 Review

I know Misty being an awesome detective is canon but she sees apparitions?? I love that! Simone did say LC gives Misty fans everything they want and more. Sounds pretty spot on.

Oh and another thing I noticed is that Misty, not Claire, has been described as Luke's love interest. A bit surprising since Claire would make more sense, IMO but Misty is the female lead so I can understand why they'd go there. As I said before, I don't hate the idea, (I look forward to seeing them together) I just want it to be handled well, especially since Misty/Danny has to happen at some point.
She stole the show?!! Damn, that would be a first for the female lead outshining the main superhero (as far as critics would admit at least!) Ahh I'm even more excited now.

Does "her sharp intuition is depicted as if it’s a superpower" mean it's gonna be in her head, but we see it, like BBC Sherlock or the dude from Hannibal? That's way cool. Man.

I mean, Misty can have Luke now and Danny later. I'm just curious since Luke/Claire had an intimate looking moment in the trailer... hmmm.

Last edited by ParsD; 09-09-2016 at 07:20 PM
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Luke Cage - Sneak Peeks, Promos, Posters & Promotional Photos | Spoilers
Old 09-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
She stole the show?!! Damn, that would be a first for the female lead outshining the main superhero (as far as critics would admit at least!) Ahh I'm even more excited now.

Does "her sharp intuition is depicted as if it’s a superpower" mean it's gonna be in her head, but we see it, like BBC Sherlock or the dude from Hannibal? That's way cool. Man.

I mean, Misty can have Luke now and Danny later. I'm just curious since Luke/Claire had an intimate looking moment in the trailer... hmmm.
IKR?? Mike is getting major love as well, to be clear, Mahershala is too but female leads (especially woc) are so often ignored or downplayed that it's surprising to see Simone getting all this praise. Then again, if the writing really is great and she's getting a lot of screentime, it would be difficult to ignore her. lol

I don't watch Sherlock or Hannibal but that certainly does sound awesome.

The trailer did make me think there would be more between Luke/Claire but I haven't seen any mention of that so far. One of the reviews described her dynamic with Luke as a "developing friendship" which is actually cool too.

Initially, I didn't know how to feel about Misty possibly hooking with Luke and Danny because they are all so close. But then I remembered when I shipped one of my faves with brothers... (Don't judge me! ) So I'm keeping an open mind and just hoping the writers do them justice.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak peek promo.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Aww, the reviews have me even more excited. I'm still hoping for some Misty on IF though. If not, I'm hoping she's in Defenders and season two of IF. I am also excited to see how the friendship between Danny and Luke develops. Love them.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 09-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same, hannahfan!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread