Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ChelleBelle109:
<STRONG>hi,
ok, i have a question. with that new ep in between state of grace and night without stars im a little confused. So, Iris is in that middle ep, the title escapes me, but they dont really meet her til Night Without Stars? cuz, in night without stars Joan introduces herself. So we just see Iris in episodes before they actually meet her? to anyone who can clarify i would really appreciate it.
michelle</STRONG>
I guess so. That's the part that confused me...that we get this full introduction in NWS but in No Bad Guy she's actually shown for a bit. I guess that's to slowly introduce her into all of this...

Going to put this in, just because it amuses me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

From Ties That Bind:
GRACE: Rove and Iris, they're perfect for each other. They'll probably have a houseful of emotionally damaged babies by senior year.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

ooo I knew there would be some new spoilers, I just felt it. Thanks ~Chickie~ for the info. Ugh..no comment on Iris..too many bad things will come. Hehe, Joan sprains her ankle in the washer, hehe. Loving the Adam and Grace plotting revenge for Joan. Damn you Hall for making me love your show!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edited to add:
Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>From Ties That Bind:
GRACE: Rove and Iris, they're perfect for each other. They'll probably have a houseful of emotionally damaged babies by senior year.</STRONG>
Gotta love Grace, but let's hope this is not foreshadowing!!! Only babies that should be had are Girardi-Rove!! Oh and SWG great avie!!

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Slayerfan714 ]
Old 01-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

About Iris showing up before NWS, you guys don't think the writers are trying to get us to slowly like her, do you? You don't think she'll stick around for the last eight episodes of the season, do you? Oh God, I'm getting all freaked. I so have to go watch the Jane/Adam dance.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Leave it to Grace! I'm hoping Adam will realize quickly that Iris has some issues.

Chickie: Great Arrested Developement reference!

Lisa
Old 01-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

GREAT spoilers! Very excited...

I can't wait for the laundry scene [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Wonder what Adam's reaction is to "Jane on crutches" [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

I'm hoping for a significant look or something. I'm also not getting to be a big fan of Iris.

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."-Charlie McCarthy

*'Ships I Sail*
Spike/Buffy, Seth/Summer, Veronica/Logan, Draco/Ginny
Old 01-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

While I wouldn't put it against the show to do a more full-blown teenage pregnancy story than was looked into in the cheerleading episode. Although Joan has enough trouble dealing with the fact she can communicate with God and all. But with Luke getting more involved with the ladies LOL, anything is possible. But back to the subject of foreshadowing, I just think it was just Grace's way have acknowledging that Iris is troubled.

But then we have to see how it comes across...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:10 AM
New Fan

hi,
first of all thanx for addressing my question. And second of all that quote from Grace really made me sad. Im a total J/A shipper and they are perfect for each other not Adam and Iris. Im actually really starting to get scared about this Iris girl. I was hoping she would be in maybe 4 eps at the most, but like some of u were saying, im worried that she might be in it til the end of the season also. I hope we get some new, good J/A spoilers soon. thanx again.
michelle
Old 01-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Lady Sakura & Slayer fan: Thank you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] This avie keeps me in check as to two out of many reasons why I watch JoA.

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>
Going to put this in, just because it amuses me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

From Ties That Bind:
GRACE: Rove and Iris, they're perfect for each other. They'll probably have a houseful of emotionally damaged babies by senior year.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I love that! Not b/c of the insinuated shipperness... but true that on the whole "emotionally damaged babies" part.

For some reason... I'm picturing Iris as this long raven haired, very lithe(sp?) girl that is practically the opposite of Joan as far as looks goes. It sucks that they've written how many episodes w/ Iris in it... yet no mention of who will play that role. And it's getting pretty close, yo, as to the episode she'll be in. There's like only one episode left before Iris's debut.

Laundrey scene... def. looking forward to that. Looking forward to also seeing Adam & Grace teaming up to back Joan up... I mean, c'mon, of course they would! She's a part of the trio chem subdefects or something [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Adam/Joan/Grace are the central core to their already growing circle of friends!

Hopefully... if Iris was to be written all the way through until the season finale, it'll be her last appearance.

I'm just hoping (speculating) that along the way, Iris (as her relationship progresses w/ Adam) will not just become "attached" to Adam, but also become aware of his devotion to Joan. Not just a devotion/friendship thing... but of his "intense bond" w/ Jane. C'mon, if I were Iris ( [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I mean, I am Iris but if I were JoA Iris), I would be a little bit jealous that my boyfriend has a special nickname to his best girl friend. I can already sense that this Adam/Jane bond will be like an axe swinging over Iris's relationship (or rope if I were to still use metaphors) w/ Adam. Iris, who I'm assuming will still have trust issues, will probably be the one to acknowledge Adam's relationship w/ Joan and ask him to cut off ties. Make him choose between her or Joan.

And I'm hoping this happens before or on the season finale and we have a repeat performance of "Jump" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

If anything... a part of me is really now starting to look forward to Iris's appearance if only it'll further bring Adam closer to Joan (and vice versa).

Oh! Also hoping that CBG shows up as well on/before the season finale and that maybe one of the characters closest to Joan will discover her little "secret" I'm guessing that either it's Adam, Luke, or Kevin. Or maybe just to throw us off, they'll do something unexpected and have it be... Friedman! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Or Grace would be cool and a whole lot better... *nods*

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to agree with you, I like the idea of someone finding out Joan's secret even if it must be the season finale LOL!

I would like it to be Luke since they are close. But then Joan wouldn't look as odd within her family if Luke is let in on it. And isn't she supposed to be looking odd to her family LOL.

So maybe Grace. Because I think they will keep Adam on the outside of it for awhile, since their relationship is so complicated.

And it would add a interesting addition to Grace's character and her "relationship" with Luke if she knew more than he did about his own sister.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
So maybe Grace. Because I think they will keep Adam on the outside of it for awhile, since their relationship is so complicated.

And it would add a interesting addition to Grace's character and her "relationship" with Luke if she knew more than he did about his own sister.
I think that would be great. Joan and Grace have no real bond. Luke and Adam are the only things that they share - it would be nice to see them have something of their own to keep them friends.

Angel to Wes after shooting Knox:
Were you even listening?
Old 01-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Extreme Fan

It would be mad sweet if Grace was the one to find out about Joan's secret. I mean, think of all the great one-liners she can pull off! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*after God appears on TV as a newscaster*
Grace: God on the news? Yeah, like that hasn't been done before.

Or something better b/c I'm not as gifted as the JoA writers [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

It would be cool if Grace found out that Joan talked to God. Something tells me that if anyone ever finds out that Joan talks to God, it will be Grace, Luke, or maybe even Kevin.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It would be cool if Grace found out that Joan talked to God. Something tells me that if anyone ever finds out that Joan talks to God, it will be Grace, Luke, or maybe even Kevin.
Call me demented but I think it would be a huge cliff hanger-type thing if Mr. Price found out about Joan's GodSpeak. Then she'd get carted off to a mental hospital for the summer.

Sorry, watched Alias on Sunday and caught myself delving into the unreal.

Quote:
Iris, who I'm assuming will still have trust issues, will probably be the one to acknowledge Adam's relationship w/ Joan and ask him to cut off ties. Make him choose between her or Joan.
I was thinking this, too. I'd love to see CM get the chance to act angry and not in a sad way. But keeping in the back of my mind that maybe they'd have him pick Iris over Joan. Now that would be heart-breaking.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

I also think it would be cool for Grace to find out. She would definately have great one-liners. Oh iowahawx that would be heartbreaking. I don't think that he would though, although you never know. But color me optimistic I really do think Iris will bring Adam and Joan closer. But if Adam did choose Iris over Joan, he'd soon realize what a huge mistake he made and go back to "Jane." Never fear, yo, we've got God on our side. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

posted by Iowa
Quote:
I was thinking this, too. I'd love to see CM get the chance to act angry and not in a sad way. But keeping in the back of my mind that maybe they'd have him pick Iris over Joan. Now that would be heart-breaking
I would hate if that happened. RIght now I dont mind the idea of there being a girlfriend for adam as long as Joan and him are doing great.If Iris were to make hims choose, I would hate her charastor forever. I think it would be awsome if grace or luke found out about Joan talking to God. It would make a great cliffhanger for the season. Im so glad to have heard that Joan of Arcadia was picked up for a second season. Its the best show out there ( right behind my 'MONK' though)

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread