Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofpower (View Post)
I think the only reason why Cam stayed with Tom (or even married him) is because he provided stability and/or "family" when she didn't have one--especially after becoming estranged from Boz and the Clarks.

I rewatched the pilot. From the very first scenes, this show has always been about Joe & Cameron's relationship. It makes sense they are getting back together. Their very first tryst Cameron end's the sex (when Joe says "it doesn't mean you'll get the job") she says sarcastically, "You mean we're not in love??" Everything says this will be full circle next season to show how these two dyfunctional characters eventually do fall in real love.

My favorite foreshadowing this season is Cam "nesting" in her new home with Tom. . .and then she literally destroys the nest --and shows it to Joe. LOL Great stuff!! She's too wild to be domesticated.

Tom has to go. He's an egomaniac. Telling Cam she had to leave with him isn't something the old Cam would've put up with.
I'm glad our first instincts were right-it is about Joe and Cam!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm glad our first instincts were right-it is about Joe and Cam!
That 2 part season finale is EVERYTHING I had ever hoped for and more!! I was just hoping to get a Joe/Cam kiss this season. LOL And seeing Gordon, Joe & Cameron working together made me happy. Couldn't figure out how the writers could pull that off -- which is why the 4 year flash forward was so brilliant.

With so many good reviews for Season 3, this show will probably FINALLY take off in Season 4 only to be gone for good
Old 10-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm already mourning its end! Let's hope it's a good one
Old 10-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Joe & Cam dancing at COMDEX. Someone post this scene to YouTube. It's perfection. Plus, after reading the lyrics, the music supervisers are obviously geniouses.

LOVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX0J...0dYFXQ&index=2
Old 10-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-18-2016, 05:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Joe & Cam dancing at COMDEX. Someone post this scene to YouTube. It's perfection. Plus, after reading the lyrics, the music supervisers are obviously geniouses.

LOVE.

I absolutely agree. That scene was perfect and i loved everything about it. One of the best scenes of the whole series. I had to listened to that song like 10 times in a row after the episode. I love the Pixies and i love Joe and Cam together.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I also love how she's pulled him with her out the room after!
Old 10-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
I absolutely agree. That scene was perfect and i loved everything about it. One of the best scenes of the whole series. I had to listened to that song like 10 times in a row after the episode. I love the Pixies and i love Joe and Cam together.
Yes! It's been a week and I still can't get that Pixies song out of my head. I've discovered so much great music from this show.

One of the most beautiful things about the whole COMDEX episode is that's the exact place where Joe & Cameron broke up 7 years prior -- she left him at Comdex (then nuked him to the ground a month later when he showed up at her door.) This episode is the first in the entire series where it felt like Joe & Cam were actually on a date. And they were actually joyous together.

I read that Christopher Cantwell, one of the creators/exec producers, directed this episode. Apparently his first one. I truly hope he directs more in Season 10. Brilliant stuff.

I rewatched the last two eps of Season 2 over the weekend. Forgot that Cam broke up with Tom -- and then Tom accused her of not being over Joe. And then later that ep Sara breaks up with Joe -- and tells him how painful it is to see his face when Joe says Cameron's name.
Sigh. Joe & Cam need to be together.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I didn't give them credit for planning ahead, but it does now seem like they had a clear plan!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
MST Manager

Quote:

LOVE.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

feeling a little more reassured about how Season 4 would go
Old 01-29-2017, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at AMC | Variety

Quote:
‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at AMC

OCTOBER 10, 2016 | 06:00PM PT

AMC has renewed period drama “Halt and Catch Fire” for a fourth and final season. The renewal comes one night before AMC airs back to back episodes for the show’s season-three finale.

“We are so proud of ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ – a true passion project – and thank the critics and fans who have embraced this unique program,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios. “Congratulations and thanks to creators and showrunners Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers and to Halt’s enormously talented writing team, producers, cast and crew. It is our great pleasure to renew this project for a fourth and final season, so we can all tune in to see if Cameron, Donna and the rest of the gang turn Swap Meet into eBay, Amazon or Facebook.”

Executive produced by Cantwell and Rogers, “Halt and Catch Fire” is an ensemble drama set in the 1980s technology industry against the rise of the personal computer. It stars Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Kerry Bishé, Mackenzie Davis, and Toby Huss. One of the first new AMC dramas to launch as the cable channel wound down foundational hits “Breaking Bad” and “Mad Men,” “Halt and Catch Fire” failed to catch on with viewers in a significant way, but was considered a strong creative effort within AMC.

The fourth and final season will consist of 10 episodes.

“First off, we’ve been incredibly fortunate to have a creative partner in AMC that has nurtured us from new writers into showrunners over these past three seasons. It has been our great privilege to watch the world of ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ expand and mature in that time, powered by our incredible cast, our exceptional crew, our absurdly talented writers, and our producing partners at Gran Via, all of whom have come to feel like our family,” Cantwell and Rogers said. “In this fourth and final season, we are excited to end the show on its own terms and to give our story, these characters, and our fans the conclusion they so richly deserve.”

Gran Via Productions’ Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein also serve as executive producers on the show, which is produced by AMC Studios. It is distributed internationally by Entertainment One Television.
‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Renewed for Fourth and Final Season | TVLine

Quote:
Halt and Catch Fire Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at AMC
By Dave Nemetz /

This should compute for Halt and Catch Fire fans: The AMC drama has been renewed for a fourth — and final — season.

The critically-acclaimed (but low-rated) drama, which centers on the tech geeks behind the 1980s personal-computer boom, will wrap up with a ten-episode Season 4, the network announced Monday. (Season 3 wraps up with a two-hour finale on Tuesday at 9/8c.) Creators and showrunners Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers will return to write the final season as well.

Halt has been a critical darling, especially over the past two seasons; heck, we just lavished praise on stars Kerry Bishé (Donna) and Mackenzie Davis (Cameron) for their performances a couple weeks back. But the show has never found a strong audience. The total viewership for Season 3’s episodes has hovered around 300,000 — a tiny fraction of what The Walking Dead pulls in for AMC.

Still, the network is sticking with the series and allowing it to write its own ending. “We are so proud of Halt and Catch Fire — a true passion project,” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement, adding that the network “thank[s] the critics and fans who have embraced this unique program.”
And Cantwell and Rogers vow to go out on a high note: “In this fourth and final season, we are excited to end the show on its own terms and to give our story, these characters and our fans the conclusion they so richly deserve.”
Old 06-13-2017, 01:07 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

IMDB has added episode titles for all but the series finale, so I've added those to the front page. I'll add the other information we've got later.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks for letting us know.