Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
I haven't watched SoA but I think the person was just comparing the way the show balances the action/drama with the romance and not the couples themselves. Like the romance on the show doesn't take anything away from the action and the bad assery of the character of Jax and they are hopeful on Arrow that Oliver and Felicity's romance wont take anything away from the show or Oliver's character.

Personally I would like to see Oliver and Felicity slip into a Nathan and Haley One tree hill kind of relationship place on the show. Nathan and Haley were together for the entire series, they were solid, they had ups and downs and obstacles but they weren't the be all and end all of the show. They blended into the larger story.

^I agree pollock! I also haven't watched SoA, but I think they were talking about the balancing of the relationship with everything else on the show. And Naley was amazing. I think Olicity will be like them too. Only with none of those idiotic third party storylines Mark Schwann threw at Naley.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome .

Quote:
Banana Pepper ‏@PepperDempsey · 57m57 minutes ago
So Guggie's best guess is a Labor Day weekend trailer release ie; DRAGON-CON. So probably on SA's FB next weekend 😎
https://twitter.com/callistawolf/sta...05494360473600
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 08-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Oh man I was hoping for sooner than that. We didn't get a trailer at SDCC so we are having to wait especially long for new footage this year. And I'm so excited for new footage! Better be no later than Labor Day weekend! Thanks for posting that Hazel!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I haven't watched SoA but I think the person was just comparing the way the show balances the action/drama with the romance and not the couples themselves. Like the romance on the show doesn't take anything away from the action and the bad assery of the character of Jax and they are hopeful on Arrow that Oliver and Felicity's romance wont take anything away from the show or Oliver's character.
After I went and re-read it did sound more like the balance between being a couple and being action packed badassery. I always assumed that anyway. That's what I always combatted back with when people talked about a domesticated Oliver. Oliver would never be completely domesticated. He's always going to want to be in the action especially if it's right in front of him.

Of course it would probably come Labor Day weekend. I'll be gone all weekend and unless I check the boards on my phone I won't be I the know. I guess maybe it will be a nice surprise for when I get home.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
After I went and re-read it did sound more like the balance between being a couple and being action packed badassery. I always assumed that anyway. That's what I always combatted back with when people talked about a domesticated Oliver. Oliver would never be completely domesticated. He's always going to want to be in the action especially if it's right in front of him.
Well I agree in a sense that I too hop and believe that the writers will still be able to stay true to Oliver character as super hero action man vigilante and still have him be the Oliver we know while maintaining a domesticated relationship with Felicity.

I feel like the only thing that is going to change on the show is that now Oliver has someone to go home to and to talk out his day with- preferably with (naked)cuddling involved - rather then being alone.

Sort of like how Diggle is still Diggle even though he now has Lyla and Sara. And if the writers can strike the right balance with Diggle and Lyla there's no reason they cant with Oliver and Felicity.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Loyal Fan

do you think they'll have Felicity start calling him "Ollie" this season? i hope not.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Oliver in a Suit is back .

https://twitter.com/smoaksqueen/stat...51116086161408
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Old 08-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh I like the way you think pollock! Yes to naked cuddling for Olicity! Can't wait for cut couple-y stuff like that!

I don't think Felicity will ever call him Ollie. She's hasn't called him that in 3 seasons, why start now? She only did that one time to comfort Thea. Personally I think Thea is the only person Oliver actually doesn't mind being called Ollie by because it's more of a family nickname from her, from anyone else it's a reminder of person who he's not anymore, a person who made a lot of mistakes. I just get this slight vibe of annoyance from him when anyone but Thea calls him Ollie. It's just not who he is anymore. So I hope Felicity never calls him that. It would be weird to hear her start calling him that. Now some other cute couple-y type nicknames like babe or something? That could potentially be cute. But no Ollie ever. That should just never happen.

Yay to Oliver in a suit! Suit Oliver is sexy!

Thanks for posting that Hazel!

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 08-27-2015 at 05:10 PM
Old 08-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Supreme Fan

So Ollie and Laurel seem to be having an interesting upcoming scene.

Last edited by semmanclana; 08-27-2015 at 05:32 PM
Old 08-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome .

https://twitter.com/callistawolf/sta...60397225279488

Old 08-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Passionate Fan

TFP all the goodies! Can not wait for John Diggle this season.
I'e got to say, I watched like 2 seasons of SOA and I had to quit it. Tara and Jax were cool in the beginning, but I feel like she became a whiny mess after dealing with Jax's drama. Should have stayed far away . But I do think that the person was talking more about balance than actually comparing the relationship.

And I don't think Felicity will ever call Oliver Ollie, praise the lord. It's Aww on Thea, but other than that...

Oliver in a suit! The mayor thing is looking like a legit possibility.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
do you think they'll have Felicity start calling him "Ollie" this season? i hope not.
That better never happen. It's wierd coming out of her mouth. Thea is really the only person who should do it but it's also acceptable from Laurel to an extent.

Intrigued by the Oliver/Laurel scene. Wonder what is happening in the scene.

Oliver in a suit is making the Mayor thing looking possible. Are they in Laurel's office though?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Does that sign say Queen for Mayor? I can't tell. I can only see the word Queen. I'm so confused though. MG himself said Oliver as mayor was not going to happen this season or even season 5. And he also said it would be hard to do because giving the main character specific political views can be complicated. And this was not that long ago that he said these thing. So how can they possibly being doing an Oliver for Mayor storyline right out of the gate in season 4?

I'm sorry but it does not make any sense to me that Oliver is running for mayor. He's never been shown to have any kind of political aspirations but like the first thing he decides to do when he returns to SC is run for mayor? When did he ever indicate he wanted that kind of attention or responsibility? Um, never. And most importantly, I'm sorry but it is the stupidest thing I've ever heard that a guy who has secret double life fighting crime as a vigilante (which is technically illegal and we know an anti vigilante task force is coming again because of Rutina Wesley's character) would try to get the most high profile (not to mention busiest) in the city. That literally makes no sense. You don't draw that kind of attention to yourself when you have such a gigantic secret to keep. And then there's the fact that he has a very problematic reputation including dropping out of 4 colleges and being scandalous tabloid fodder for years. Obviously he's not that person anymore, but that kind of stuff still sinks political careers. Just nothing about him running for mayor makes sense. And I don't like it. I love Oliver in a suit but Oliver running for mayor right now is absolutely ridiculous. I really hope that is not what is happening.

Thanks for posting that Hazel!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Absolute Fan

I love the whole idea of Oliver running for Mayor so count me in for votes!

Mayor Queen and CEO Smoak Power couple

And yes just no to Felicity EVER calling Oliver "Ollie" The only way I could see her saying that was in fight or something and she said sarcastically and even then I would hope she would refrain.

Thea is the only one I give permission to call Oliver "Ollie", maybe Laurel..
Old 08-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome Guys .

Another picture With Emily and Echok[/B]

Quote:
Echo Kellum ‏@EchoK · 3h3 hours ago
Three cool cats ya dig! Lexi is crushing this directing thing yall! #ArrowSeason4 @emilybett lexialex https://instagram.com/p/66HvheN4CP/

Closed Thread   Post New Thread