Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2014, 12:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehj_Delena (View Post)
I mean it looks like that onscreen but Jason and writers have said several times she loved him.
But thats the problem here. As a viewer (or most of them) you don´t see the love between them at least not from Clarke. And he seems to be obsessed with her rather than in love. That couple never worked. I get that Jason wants us to believe they loved each other and that everyone is willing to save Finn (despite the fact that he is a war criminal) but that just doesn´t work with most viewers. I read a lot of comments from guys (who are not shippers) about the stupid way the show handled the whole massacre story. A lot of them are really angry about that.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Bob's tweet is weird. Um, Bellamy should be the first person to stand by Clarke's decision, it makes no sense. As much as I'd like Bellamy to take charge and make his own decisions, it better not be at the price of him going inexplicably OOC.

Same, I want more! And he called him son.
Bob had at lot of strange tweets last night. He tweeted this one

Bob Morley @WildpipM
@hicusick SON!? Is there something you haven't told me? #the100

to which Henry replied...

Henry Ian Cusick @hicusick
@WildpipM that's my boy!! #proudfather

and then this morning both tweets were deleted with the explanation that they contained spoilers

liz | tumblr
Icon by Sarah
Old 12-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Umm, that would be a nice twist actually. Kane being Bellamys father. Did they ever mention his father in season 1?
Old 12-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Elite Fan

In the books Jaha is Bellamy's father.
But I know, I know.. the show isn't following the books.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:07 AM
Master Fan

Ugh! I would hate for Kane to be Bellamy's father. Storywise it doesn't make any sense. I like for things to stay the were they are right now, both Bellamy and Octavia were born of an unknown father or fathers!

Bellamy not siding with Clarke would be completely OOC. Hell I even said yesterday that I see Murphy being on her side and understanding why she did it.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 12-19-2014, 03:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Ah ok, never read the books so this is news to me. So it wouldn´t be a big surprise at all. It can´t be Jaha because Bellamy is white, well it could be but it would be very unlikely. I want all the adults gone but if Kane would be Bells father that storyline could be interesting i think. Can they at least kill Abby please? That character is just meh.

Last edited by Skylarc; 12-19-2014 at 03:22 AM
Old 12-19-2014, 05:34 AM
Extreme Fan

You know what's funny is that I said months ago on the Bellarke thread that Kane could possibly be Bellamy's father.

Going into this show it just wasn't one thing that made me not believe in Flarke.

1. RAVEN!!!!!
2. When the drop ship landed Octavia made a remark about Finn is mine, and Clark was like I don't care.

It was like Finn went from caring about Raven to Clarke in like a day.

Anyways I would love the whole Kane/Bellamy storyline!!! Bellamy has some strong leadership genes and he didn't get them from his mom.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
I know. When that reveal happened I thought it was hilarious. I just read the 2nd book recently, Kyls.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe they would tweet that if those were really spoilers dorks.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Kane as Bellamy's dad this theory has been going on since last season. I don't know if I want it. But if they want to create an SL for Bellamy that is outside of him being a leader it might be good but idk.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

The theory going around last season was that Kane is Octavia's father. But maybe he is Bellamy's father? I thought it was pretty obvious Bellamy and Octavia have different fathers after their flashback.

I loved the last episode. It was really good and good conclusion for the first half of the season.

I don't get why there's so much controversy with Clarke's ILY. She obviously had feelings for Finn and in that moment he was going to die. It was now or never. Also I'm glad the show is addressing this relationship instead of shoving it under the rug like many shows do. I never liked Flarke but I would be stupid for Clarke to forget about him and move on.

I think Raven is going to be angry with her and I get why. Finn was Raven's family first. Even if their romantic relationship didn't work out they were very close and Finn saved her like in the Ark. It's not logical but I can understand why Raven is reacting that way.
I don't think Abby and Bellamy are going to be angry about what Clarke did. Surprised yes. Also I love that they are going to finally deal with Jake's death and what Abby did.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can you refresh my memory re: the flashbacks and them possibly having a different father? I really need to re-watch season 1 at some point.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I always thought that Bellamy father was Kane. (i kind love the parallel of Abby and Kane walking to Bell and Clarke). Never really thought he was O. father... Last season i was pretty lively about it, idk how i feel about it now.

I think if the show really take it times to make that SL happen and not just drop it and then gone for something else. I think it may be a good thing... Does Kane always knew, Why he keep as a secret, how he and Bell would work the differences, also that would change his position on the ark hierarchy, and what would come from that... so many things... Yeah, i think i would like to see that!

Also, i think it will be intresting seeing some family dynamics outside the ones we already know.
I think Raven and Abby and Clarke (since i kind see Abby as Raven surrogate mother) relantionship can be very interesting and complex, if the show take some time to deal with, even more now with all the outcomes.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Bob is so weird. Why would he tweet such a spoiler if it is a spoiler? It's not surprising though because it's been talked about since S1. I thought when Kane said "son" in the last episode, they were already dropping crumbs. Although that tweet exchange between Bob and Cusick seems too blatant for it to be true.

I would rather have Kane as Bell's and O's father rather than someone else, like Clarke's father, to create drama and twist that the 3 of them are half siblings. Jason is so against romance in his show that he might actually do that.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Total Fan

I really don't want Kane to turn out to be Bellamy's father, if only because that would be so contrived and I think this show should be above that. Also... Bellamy isn't white, he's Filipino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
But thats the problem here. As a viewer (or most of them) you don´t see the love between them at least not from Clarke. And he seems to be obsessed with her rather than in love. That couple never worked. I get that Jason wants us to believe they loved each other and that everyone is willing to save Finn (despite the fact that he is a war criminal) but that just doesn´t work with most viewers. I read a lot of comments from guys (who are not shippers) about the stupid way the show handled the whole massacre story. A lot of them are really angry about that.
I have to totally disagree about not seeing the love between Clarke and Finn. I definitely never shipped them, but their on-screen story is undeniable and I'm getting so fed up with people saying "most people don't buy it" as if that somehow negates the whole 20 episode storyline. Maybe a lot of people don't want to believe it, but too bad. It was canon.

I'll demonstrate: In the first four episodes before Raven shows up, it's obvious that Clarke is really attracted to him and there's a lot of emotional subtext going on about Finn's idealism and basic goodness and how that reminds her of her father. He was really there for her in the beginning and he helped her work through her issues with Wells, even though they were romantic rivals. When Raven showed up, Finn bungled the situation, but I think he was trying to fix things and neither girl would really let him. You could see so much on Clarke's face how heartbroken she was, even though she kept up her tough exterior and do the "right thing" by backing off. But clearly she was backing off at the expense of her feelings for him. She was so desperate to save him that she was willing to torture Lincoln, which is where her character really starts going dark. Remember when she was weeping over Finn with the knife in his chest saying "I can't do this without you"? She was in love with him! It was so obvious! And don't even get me started on how she was with him in the season 1 finale... This season, Clarke was struggling to deal with what he did, even more so than everybody else in Camp Jaha, and that's because she was in love with him and his idealism and couldn't really reconcile the boy she fell in love with and what he did. But she still loved him and you could see that in Spacewalker, particularly. When she begged him to stay. Her intense grief. When she kissed him and said "I love you" in the end, it was like she was finally letting out what she'd been trying to hold in since like 1x04 because she knew she would never get another chance. It's really heartbreaking.

But yeah... tl;dr: Clarke was in love with Finn. It's canon.

So after that rant, I don't want to get too into the stuff about the way the show handled the massacre, except to say that given the way soldiers in a war are with each other in real life, it is very realistic that all of Finn's comrades would protect him even after he committed a war crime. Your compatriots are your family and you would basically never prioritize the enemy (who have intended to commit genocide against your people on two occassions!) above your own family. The emotional circumstances of war do interesting things to people's ideals. Of course it's hard for people outside the war to understand that, and that's why so much of the audience is missing out on the brilliance of this storyline. It's really unfortunate. (I have no idea why the fact that people who didn't get it aren't all shippers is supposed to mean anything here, though....)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread