Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Then which are you a bigger fan of?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

well, x-men are my favorite heroes (& the only ones i like) from marvel. yet, i'm a dc girl & i enjoy those heroes more so, i would place jl ahead.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There was a new episode of Justice League that aired today on Cartoon Network if I'm not mistaken. Did you catch it?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

yes, i did catch the episode. it's getting crazier and i'm enjoying it.
--The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by Sarei; 01-13-2013 at 06:23 PM
Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What happened on it?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

i'm having trouble with the spoiler tags to tell in detail, but i will say that the "aliens" have a thoughtout plan in getting rid of the justice league and turning humans against them. plus, the team is falling low on places to live. here's a link to watch the episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_32P7Dzu5s
--The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by Sarei; 01-15-2013 at 06:06 PM
Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OK. Thanks for the link.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

no problem.
--The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well some big rumore this past few days on the Justice league movie and DC news

Will Christian Bale Play Batman in ‘Justice League’?
by Rob Keyes
:

Will Christian Bale Play Batman in ‘Justice League’?

Zack Snyder’s upcoming take on the origins of Superman, Man of Steel, is just over three months away and we’ve surprisingly not heard too much about it in weeks, with Warner Bros. oddly missing a chance to showcase the last son of Krypton’s prowess during the Super Bowl. Reactions from recent test screenings however, are extremely positive and for fans, this will hopefully translate into a greenlight on development of not just a sequel, but of Justice League.

Not a single bit of official information regarding casting, a director, a story or even a date for Justice League has been released by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment and instead, interested moviegoers have relied on rumors and inside scoops, slowly and inconsistently revealing bits of information, sometimes believable or downright obvious, but always completely unofficial.

After the success of The Avengers and Marvel Studios quickly confirming a lineup of six followup movies (dubbed “Phase Two”), one report had Warner Bros. attempting to directly compete in 2015 with a team-up of their own. Justice League would introduce DC’s core lineup of superheroes and it would share the same summer as Disney and Marvel’s The Avengers 2. Will Beall (Gangster Squad) was writing a script for said film, a script which another rumor said was so bad that no sought after director was interested in climbing aboard, resulting in studio executives tossing it away. Later we heard that very same writer signed a deal with the studio to write two screenplays for them, placing doubt on the previous other rumors. What to believe?

One “scoop” had the studio considering having Joseph Gordon-Levitt play Batman in Justice League alongside Henry Cavill’s Clark Kent; another had the studio planning to do an entire Man of Steel trilogy along with a Batman reboot before launching Justice League. There’s even a rumor out there stating Justice League has been delayed from a nonexistent release date to 2017.

What does this tell us? There’s not a lot of real info out there and there’s also not a plan in place at Warner Bros., at least not one that so many insiders claim to know about. But if there’s going to be one soon, it’d be very smart to continue building from the foundations they’ve already set. They have a worldwide box office draw in Christian Bale’s Batman, and they have a recognizable, likable leading man in Ryan Reynolds – despite the weaknesses of the shoddy film (Green Lantern) built around him – and if our anticipation pays off, they’re going to have a badass new Superman as well. Justice League should be embracing these assets and building from it. It really is that $imple.

According to Latino-Review‘s latest Justice League report, that may be what they’re doing. Their report (see below for video) claims that in response to Disney’s acquisition of Star Wars and the massive success of The Avengers franchise to date, Warner Bros. is bringing Christian Bale back, for the simple reason that his films, based on a solo character and directed by Christopher Nolan, brought in over a billion dollars each on the last two installments, something Marvel was only able to achieve (so far) with a team-up.

Chris Nolan is producing (and provided the story for) Man of Steel so even though he’s always said he wants his Batman universe to live on its own and that it wouldn’t continue with him, he is involved in another DC property for the studio and was integral in bringing Snyder aboard. There’s no way their ideas end with one Superman movie.

It’s something we’ve talked about multiple times on the Screen Rant Underground podcast (here, here and here), jokingly stating Warner Bros. should pay whatever amount of money required to bring Bale and Nolan back. Perhaps it’s already been done, and we all have to wait for Man of Steel to debut in June before foll0w up announcements are made. It’d be prime time for Warner Bros. to take advantage of Comic-Con to make an announcement of epic proportions, a la Marvel Studios’ unveiling of The Avengers cast.

So the questions are, should Warner Bros. bring Christian Bale back? Do they need him to play Bruce Wayne? Let me know on Twitter @rob_keyes!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's probably going to be around 5 years until a ''Justice League'' film gets made, correct? Even as a fan of Christian Bale this film should be very successful.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

just read that news on yahoo. i feel like if this were to happen & bale returned as batman, i feel like it would somehow distort the dk trilogy. timing wise, when would all of this occur? b/t begins & tdk or after rises or possibly before? i never got a sense that other superheroes existed in that world, considering nolan mentioned that this wasn't an expanded universe for the dc characters. one of my favorite aspects about this world was its sense of realism b/c we hadn't seen batman established in that sense on screen and i loved that. still, if anyone could figure out a way to make this work, i think nolan & goyer would be able to do it.

personally, i think it would be great if nolan were to take the realm for dc on film b/c wb truly need guidance & this would be major for possible dc films beyond batman & superman. plus, if he figured out a way to make sense out of this & keep the other dc characters grounded to who they are, then i don't have a problem w/it. it surely won't be easy, but not impossible. i'm sure this news will be flying for a while and we'll all have an opinion about it. otherwise, until i hear official word from the man himself & those included who are working w/him, then it's just wishful thinking.
--The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by Sarei; 03-05-2013 at 03:40 PM
Old 03-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Christian Bale likely won't be in it, so no need to worry about it ''distorting'' the other Batman movies he was in. Which characters do you want to see in this Justice League film? Theoretically there could just be 4.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

in a jl film, i would expect superman, wonder woman, flash, green lantern, martian manhunter & aquaman. well, that's more than 4, but these are the main ones i expect. if a film were to happen, i literally don't see batman w/them in the beginning, but eventually he'll end up there too.
--The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Talking more like 2 to 3 yeaes max ,otherwise lose there steam . Superman coming out and Batman done for know they DC need to add another charecture for movies . Wonder woman is top of list as far as name charecture who is well known
Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There should have already been a Wonder Woman film made, considering how long that character has been around, but fans will probably get 1 before a Justice League movie apparently.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread