Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I'd have to say Lauren Graham, not because I'm a huge fan of hers, just b/c I think she looks most like Lynda Carter. I think she's the right type for the role
Here's a pic that was posted on the Lauren graham forum...its not her body..they just put her head on there
]Lauren
Lynda
that's not lauren's body...just her head lol
Old 03-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Charisma Carpenter... definitely.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure if I would want her to play it....but the other day on a entertainment/news show they were talking about "who should play wonder woman" and they were talking about Hilary Swank...

I can sort of see her in that type of movie...but i dunno if I can see her as WW
Old 03-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know. Hilary Swank? Seems a little farfetched to me!

~ Carla
Old 03-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I think it really depends on how they are going to tell the story of WW. If they start out with backstory (and i think this is the most likely to make room for sequels) then i think Charisma or Erica should play her. If they are looking for an older WW, then i think they should choose either Lauren or Angie.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooo I used to love Wonder Woman!

My choices would be either Eliza Dushku or Charisma Carpenter. But unfortunately I heard that Joss will probably not cast someone in the Buffyverse. If I can find the source where that came from I'll post it. Also he said that he will prob write Wonder Woman as a woman in her early to mid twenties. Unfortunately that leaves out a few good other choices such as Lauren Graham and Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Besides those people I could also see the "unlisted" girls as Christie put it: Rachel Bilson or Erica Durance.
MyTop5: DavidCook.MichaelJohns.JasonCastro.CarlySmithson.BrookeWhite. (in no particular order other than David Cook being #1)
~Sarah~
Old 03-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only choice I've liked is Charisma Carpenter, but I've heard over and over again, they want an actress in her early 20's. Catherine Zeta Jones or Lauren Ghram could do it, but again, the *age* issue.

Rachel Bilson is way too petite for the role. Wonder Woman is over 6 ft tall. And go ahead and shoot me but I don't think she has the range to pull it off.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Sarah! (newsies/avonlea fan) U rock sweetie, i missed u!

Wanderer78, u like good choices as well hehe. And don't worry, we won't shoot you for not thinking Rachel Bilson could play the part. You are entitled to your own opinion, I'm glad everyone is discussing this. I like that everyone is expressing their opinions.

I just saw the movie The Pacifier tonight, and Lauren Graham literally was kicking butt in that movie. After seeing her get tough, I could see her playing the part more now. She was really good.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't see some of those women listed on the poll playing Wonder Woman. My best bet is either Eliza or Angelina.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Angelina won't do it and they won't offer it to her because of her Tomb Raider experiences -- Namely, it is very hard for female heroines to pull of successful franchises and that is what I am sure the studio is hoping for WW.

I think Hollywood needs to bite the bullet and hire someone in their 30s-40s considering this is Wonder Woman and not Wonder Girl, or WW: Year I.

I say this because it is obvious they want the younger audiences... But I also think that this may hurt the film more than help it because WW has always been in her 30s-40s in the comics and TV show adaptations and it is more believeable that a person with more experience behind them can take on the responsibilities of being WW even if the first film is a backstory.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Resurrecting this because some of the new front runners for the WW lead are:

-Catherine Zeta Jones (40s)

-Jessica Biel (20s)

-Sarah Michelle Gellar (20s/30s)

These are the latest reports from various sources. The SMG one isn't a new one since Joss Whedon is writing/directing the film... BUT it is new in that she may be seriously considering it instead of it just being a rumor.

Also...

A name that hasn't been thrown into the ring (on this board) that might actually be a surprise casting choice and be a pretty good one is Katie Holmes.

She is young enough (20s) to do an "origin" story, but "old" enough to project a mature presence on screen -- vs. someone like Jessica Alba -- That would be the perfect blend for our heroic Amazonian crime fighter.

In addition, when asked about filming "Batman Begins", a lot of the questions are about her character and if she gets to kick any butt along side Christian Bale. Unfortunately, she is more of a love interest... But she said she'd love to do a movie where she was able to get more physical and be a strong female role model. Foreshadowing? Hmm...
Old 04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

i like Charisma Carpenter. I've always thought of her as wonder woman
Old 04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Umm...Lauren Graham is a sure fit in the looks department, but it all depends on the age they are going for. If older, I'd definitley think they would be best suited using Lauren. Younger, however, Eliza Dusku.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I kinda abandoned the thread, I haven't posted on fan forum in a while, I just started to post again.

I recently heard that Katie Holmes is either being considered for the part, or that she would like to be considered for the part. I heard this from www.slayerverse.net . This site had an article about Katie and Wonder Woman.

Personally I don't think she's the worst choice, but I don't think she is the best one either. I much rather see Eliza Dushku, Charisma Carpenter, Lauren Graham, or Erica Durance play the part (possibly Rachel Bilson as well). However I do think Katie Holmes would be better than a lot of the other choices listed.

I love Jessica Biel and Sarah Michelle Gellar, but personally I do not see them playing Wonder Woman. SMG is wayyyy to skinny and petite. (The height issue I could get used to because I know that Rachel Bilson is short, but I think she could possibly play Wonder Woman). Plus SMG just doesn't look like Wonder Woman at all. I'm not insulting her, because believe me I love SMG big time. And Jessica Biel is awesome but she just doesn't look the part to me.

I think they def do want a WW in early to mid twenties though. I think they should at least consider an older one. Linda Carter rocked, and she wasn't in her 20s. Hmmmm...

Let's keep discussing this, I love Wonder Woman, I even had the pajamas when I was little hehehe

Last edited by H O T Spike_Angel; 06-06-2005 at 03:23 PM
Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Absolute Fan

apparently katie holmes is rumoured for the part
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Closed Thread   Post New Thread